[Guide] [RAM EXPANDER swap] Easiest Way To Increase Ram in Galaxy Y

Search This thread

shivaraju07

Dec 28, 2016
roehwsoft ram expander error.

getting error while i am swaping.the error is please check write right and try again.i have tried manually to change the swapping location but same error.what to do geeks?

Mast3r.71

Mar 18, 2017
kernel swapspace limit detected :| plz reduse the swapfile size lower 1GB snf try again ! even in Swap size = 20MB
what i have to do?? :|
memCheck said my device support swap or blablabla

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017
After using ram expander Will i be able to using my sd card as external storage or not?
Also the file which is created after using this app, will be deleted when i uninstall the app?

aaron13

Feb 9, 2013
After using ram expander Will i be able to using my sd card as external storage or not?
Also the file which is created after using this app, will be deleted when i uninstall the app?
ram expander makes a swap file on your ext sd card which is used for extended memory.
when you uninstall Ram expander you can remove the swap file via the settings in the app otherwise it stays on the ext sd.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910C met Tapatalk

Reactions: Avinashkanttiwari

Jay Yogi

Oct 22, 2014
Thanks for the guide.
The question is only that can i uninstall RRE after swapping??or it is must to leave it installed??

Waiting eagerly?

aaron13

Feb 9, 2013
Thanks for the guide.
The question is only that can i uninstall RRE after swapping??or it is must to leave it installed??

Waiting eagerly?
If you uninstall ram expander, the swap stays on the memory card and must be removed manually. Io.to work, ram expander loads the swap after reboot and uses it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910C met Tapatalk

asia559571

Jul 14, 2013
why is wifi needed to start the expander? I've noticed in the post's no one seem's to use internal memory, why?
Anyway! Thanks to the developer, been using for a few days now:eek:

bilawal.sarfraz.1

Aug 10, 2017
Hi,its Bilawal Sarfraz.Actually i heard that some peoples faces the problems like ram expander needed internet.Actually its doesnt require internet.Today In This post,I will show you that How to fix this:
1)Before installing Ram expander,you must need to uninstall the latest version of playstore and force stop it.
2)After that,Download Ram expander and install it.But dont open it at that moment.
3)Now download and install freedom.
4)After installing,open it then it will require root authentication,so just GRANT the root permission.
5)Now go to freedom's setting menu and put a tick on OFFLINE LICIENSE VERIFICATION.Abd then go back to the main freedom screen.
6)Now click on ram expander and just wait for few seconds.
7)After completation it will automatically start Ram expander with offline license check with damage its advantages :fingers-crossed: .
Note: Sonetimes while cracking license of ram expander in freedom,it gives an error something like that "this application is not free" so ignore this massage and start the ram expander.
I hope that this thread will help you.
GOODLUCK
TAKE CARE AND HAVE A NICE DAY.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

why is wifi needed to start the expander? I've noticed in the post's no one seem's to use internal memory, why?
Anyway! Thanks to the developer, been using for a few days now:eek:
Hi,its Bilawal Sarfraz.Actually i heard that some peoples faces the problems like ram expander needed internet.Actually its doesnt require internet.Today In This post,I will show you that How to fix this:
1)Before installing Ram expander,you must need to uninstall the latest version of playstore and force stop it.
2)After that,Download Ram expander and install it.But dont open it at that moment.
4)After installing,open it then it will require root authentication,so just GRANT the root permission.
5)Now go to freedom's setting menu and put a tick on OFFLINE LICIENSE VERIFICATION.Abd then go back to the main freedom screen.
7)After completation it will automatically start Ram expander with offline license check with damage its advantages :fingers-crossed: .
Note: Sonetimes while cracking license of ram expander in freedom,it gives an error something like that "this application is not free" so ignore this massage and start the ram expander.
GOODLUCK

asia559571

Jul 14, 2013
GOODLUCK

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

GOODLUCK

Thanks for the reply:) No problem, I figured out to set the Autorun and No problems;)
Many Thanks and Kind Regards! :highfive:

asia559571

Jul 14, 2013
Question?

No need of thanks bro Just be happy .

Hi bilawal.sarfraz.1 :)
I forgot to ask this question: I'm using my phone's internal memory for Ram Expander and not an SD Card,
is this OK:confused:
I ask because in all descriptions and YouTube examples I see an SD Card is most often used. Also! the "DriveCache" Size,
should I leave the default size that appears? I'm using a Note 4 Exynos5
Many Thanks and Kind Regards:highfive:

bilawal.sarfraz.1

Aug 10, 2017
Hi bilawal.sarfraz.1 :)
I forgot to ask this question: I'm using my phone's internal memory for Ram Expander and not an SD Card,
is this OK:confused:
I ask because in all descriptions and YouTube examples I see an SD Card is most often used. Also! the "DriveCache" Size,
should I leave the default size that appears? I'm using a Note 4 Exynos5
Many Thanks and Kind Regards:highfive:
Bro,We can able to use internal storage but I recomended that to use External sd card.And mostly peoples use External sd card.This is because when you create a swap file in your internal storage then it will become the cause of low storage.So many peoples uses External sd card for swapping and increasing their ram for extra multitasking.
Takr care and Have a nice day.

Last edited:

asia559571

Jul 14, 2013
Bro,We can able to use internal storage but I recomended that to use External sd card.And mostly peoples use External sd card.This is because when you create a swap file in your internal storage then it will become the cause of low storage.So many peoples uses External sd card for swapping and increasing their ram for extra multitasking.
Takr care and Have a nice day.

THANK YOU!!!:highfive:

asia559571

Jul 14, 2013
2 sdcards

Hi bilawal.sarfraz.1 Me again! Hope I'm not bothering you:rolleyes: Another question, I used the external sdcard for ram expander but as I used my phone for multi media I can't get access to my music & movies,..I travel alot so I have a second card I will use for Roehsoft, what would be the correct procedure for swapping the cards and running Roehsoft:confused:
Many Thanks in advance and Have a Great Day!:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE:
    This Wont Increase Your Real Ram Because RAM is a Hardware . So It wont show u as 512 MB or 256MB in Task manager.

READ STUFF:

RAM
    What is RAM
    Random Access Memory (RAM) is temporary data storage that the CPU uses during calculations. The more RAM a device has, the more calculated results the CPU can store - which means less time the CPU has to do the same thing over and over again. In other words, the CPU can check RAM to see if it has already made a particular calculation in the recent past. If it has, it can use the pre-computed results instead of wasting processing time recomputing the same calculation. In short, more RAM means a more efficient (and faster) device.
    SWAP

What is SWAP
    Swap is, in short, virtual RAM. With swap, a small portion of the hard drive is set aside and used like RAM. The computer will attempt to keep as much information as possible in RAM until the RAM is full. At that point, the computer will begin moving inactive blocks of memory (called pages) to the hard disk, freeing up RAM for active processes. If one of the pages on the hard disk needs to be accessed again, it will be moved back into RAM, and a different inactive page in RAM will be moved onto the hard disk ('swapped'). The trade off is disks and SD cards are considerably slower than physical RAM, so when something needs to be swapped, there is a noticeable performance hit.
    Unlike traditional swap, Android's Memory Manager kills inactive processes to free up memory. Android signals to the process, then the process will usually write out a small bit of specific information about its state (for example, Google Maps may write out the map view coordinates; Browser might write the URL of the page being viewed) and then the process exits. When you next access that application, it is restarted: the application is loaded from storage, and retrieves the state information that it saved when it last closed. In some applications, this makes it seem as if the application never closed at all. This is not much different from traditional swap, except that Android apps are specially programed to write out very specific information, making Android's Memory Manager more efficient that swap.

INCREASE RAM USING SWAP FILE .
    Many New bees told me the method by Sir CarlDeanCatabay is tougher .

Hi Guys , our Galaxy y is Cursed with a 289MB Ram which is poor for Multitasking and gaming.
    Here we are going to see about Creating a swap which will move background running pages to swap file and gives the fore ground running apps a free space to work smoothly.
    I have searched the Play Store and found the exact app for this process.
    ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) APP
    To get the app Google as "ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) APP"
    This is not Warez.

Advantages of this app:
    - Free SD card memory as a RAM use (SWAP RAM / SWAP MEMORY)
    - Swapfile RAM expansion up to 4.0 GB (file system limit)
    - No limit on SWAP partition!
    - The usual performance degradation when paged not occur with sd card from class-8
    - Widget for PNP swap (swap on / off swap)
    - Detailed Memory Information & Analysis
    - Autorun
    - Swappiness kernel parameter set
    - Easy foolproof use
    (1 click optimization and automatic calculation)
    - Supporting Tung all Android devices (root access and Kernelswap support)

Things needed:
    1. Root permission
    2. A Custom kernel with Swap support. (Check the XDA post of your kernel)
    3. No Partition required
    4. A Sd card of minimum class 4 ( Tweaked ) [Recommended:For best results , use a higher class Sd card}
    5. Before asking doubt's please read the FAQ's section. :)
    Procedure:
    Gvn2r2HssJU3YNVLQBCJgqw9RgJ7NRtKWn5J4KeiTxT_DXlHigz8plmQqk5062IEJVw

1. Install The App (ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) )
    2. Give Root Permission and Select your language.
    3. Use the SWAP FILE Slider and select the amount of partition you want. (may be 100-250 MB)
    4. Use SWAPPINESS Slider : By setting the swappiness value, you can control the behavior of the kernel, the higher the value the more is outsourced.(Rec:60)
    Final step: Tick AUTO RUN and SWAP ACTIVE and it take some time creatin SWAP file according to size you selected (only for the first time)
    That's it....

FAQ's
    1.Where wil be the Swap file Created ?
    A Swap file will be present in your SD card after creating the Swap. ( Do not Delete it)
    2.My SD card Class is low , any solutions ?
    *Actually we only tried this app with Class 6 and got good results
    *Do me a favour by testing with Class 4 sd card and make a comment here
    *soln: Use SD booster app |APK link | Play store link|
    3.Whether this method support my kernel ?
    *SWAP support is must for this method . Check your kernel thread whether it supports swap or not.
    4.Whether my Swap is active or it's fake one ?
    Need: Terminal Emulator
    1. Go to the terminal emulator
    2. type "free" and enter
    A] If it looks like this (with zeros in the swap line), you do not have swap:
    no-swap.jpg

B] If it looks like this (with anything other than zeros in the swap line), you have swap active:
    swap-enabled.jpg

TroubleShooting:
    1. Take a backup of App ( You can use it any time , u want)
    2. Uninstall the App
    3. Check The Sd card whether the Swap file deleted, if not delete it.
    4. A Reboot
    5. You are good to go now...
    Caution:
    1. Dont delete the Swap file before uninstalling the app.
    Conclusion
    1. Comparing with partion method, this method is quiet easy and Simple.
    2. This will help you in Multi tasking.
    3. For better Ram management use Tweaks
    MUST READ (Senior Members): :cowboy:
    U Can try this app but THIS POST IS MAINLY MEANT FOR USERS WHO HAD SUCCESS or TRIED , Sir Carl Dean Cantabay's Method.
    So Dont give your bad views on it. CarlDean Catabay's post is a PORTAL thread[popular}
    thread link

Credits:
    1. Jesus Christ for All
    2. ROEHSOFT devs for Ram Expander App
    3. Sir CarlDeanCatabay for Idea,OriginalThread
    4. Daniel Mehrmann (Akusari) for SD Booster

IF U GO ANY WHERE WRONG , ANY DOUBTS , ANY SUGGESTIONS , IDEAS DON'T HESITATE TO TELL US
    Give credits to the devs who work hard to make our life easier by thanking and donating.

KINDLY PRESS 'THANKS' BUTTON IN THE LEFT BOTTOM OF THIS POST
    IT WILL ENCOURAGE ME IN FURTHER POSTS
    Signature.bmp
    I got this in a Facebook group where i shared it. Proof : Here
    IiVafY19GQ2iS9L16aDzQKjfjrQK162lsfk0AG_zlz0
    NOTE:
    This Wont Increase Your Real Ram Because RAM is a Hardware . So It wont show u as 512 MB or 256MB in Task manager.

READ STUFF:

RAM
    What is RAM
    Random Access Memory (RAM) is temporary data storage that the CPU uses during calculations. The more RAM a device has, the more calculated results the CPU can store - which means less time the CPU has to do the same thing over and over again. In other words, the CPU can check RAM to see if it has already made a particular calculation in the recent past. If it has, it can use the pre-computed results instead of wasting processing time recomputing the same calculation. In short, more RAM means a more efficient (and faster) device.
    SWAP

What is SWAP
    Swap is, in short, virtual RAM. With swap, a small portion of the hard drive is set aside and used like RAM. The computer will attempt to keep as much information as possible in RAM until the RAM is full. At that point, the computer will begin moving inactive blocks of memory (called pages) to the hard disk, freeing up RAM for active processes. If one of the pages on the hard disk needs to be accessed again, it will be moved back into RAM, and a different inactive page in RAM will be moved onto the hard disk ('swapped'). The trade off is disks and SD cards are considerably slower than physical RAM, so when something needs to be swapped, there is a noticeable performance hit.
    Unlike traditional swap, Android's Memory Manager kills inactive processes to free up memory. Android signals to the process, then the process will usually write out a small bit of specific information about its state (for example, Google Maps may write out the map view coordinates; Browser might write the URL of the page being viewed) and then the process exits. When you next access that application, it is restarted: the application is loaded from storage, and retrieves the state information that it saved when it last closed. In some applications, this makes it seem as if the application never closed at all. This is not much different from traditional swap, except that Android apps are specially programed to write out very specific information, making Android's Memory Manager more efficient that swap.

INCREASE RAM USING SWAP FILE .
    Many New bees told me the method by Sir CarlDeanCatabay is tougher .

Hi Guys , our Galaxy y is Cursed with a 289MB Ram which is poor for Multitasking and gaming.
    Here we are going to see about Creating a swap which will move background running pages to swap file and gives the fore ground running apps a free space to work smoothly.
    I have searched the Play Store and found the exact app for this process.
    ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) APP

Things needed:
    1. Root permission
    2. A Custom kernel with Swap support. (Check the XDA post of your kernel)
    3. No Partition required
    4. A Sd card of minimum class 6 ( Tweaked may be) [For best results , use a higher class Sd card}
    Procedure:
    Gvn2r2HssJU3YNVLQBCJgqw9RgJ7NRtKWn5J4KeiTxT_DXlHigz8plmQqk5062IEJVw

1. Install The App (ROEHSOFT RAM Expander (SWAP) )
    2. Give Root Permission and Select your language.
    3. Use the SWAP FILE Slider and select the amount of partition you want. (may be 50-250 MB)
    4. Use SWAPPINESS Slider : By setting the swappiness value, you can control the behavior of the kernel, the higher the value the more is outsourced.
    Final step: Tick AUTO RUN and SWAP ACTIVE and it take some time creatin SWAP file according to size you selected (only for the first time)
    That's it....

FAQ's
    1.Where wil be the Swap file Created ?
    A Swap file will be present in your SD card after creating the Swap. ( Do not Delete it)
    2.Whether my Swap is active or it's fake one ?
    Need: Terminal Emulator
    1. Go to the terminal emulator
    2. type "run" and enter
    A] If it looks like this (with zeros in the swap line), you do not have swap:
    no-swap.jpg

B] If it looks like this (with anything other than zeros in the swap line), you do have swap:
    swap-enabled.jpg

TroubleShooting:
    1. Take a backup of App ( You can use it any time , u want)
    2. Uninstall the App
    3. Check The Sd card whether the Swap file deleted, if not delete it.
    4. A Reboot
    5. You are good to go now...
    Caution:
    1. Dont delete the Swap file before uninstalling the app.
    Conclusion
    1. Comparing with partion method, this method is quiet easy and Simple.
    2. This will help you in Multi tasking.
    3. For better Ram management use Tweaks
    MUST READ (Senior Members): :cowboy:
    U Can try this app but THIS POST IS MAINLY MEANT FOR USERS WHO HAD SUCCESS or TRIED , Sir Carl Dean Cantabay's Method.
    So Dont give your bad views on it. CarlDean Catabay's post is a PORTAL thread[popular}
    thread link

Credits:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. ROEHSOFT devs
    3. Sir CarlDeanCatabay

IF U GO ANY WHERE WRONG , ANY DOUBTS , ANY SUGGESTIONS , IDEAS DON'T HESITATE TO TELL US
    Give credits to the devs who work hard to make our life easier by thanking and donating.

Signature.bmp
    can't use this as i have class 4 card
    i have try this and...........WOW!!!! my device ran soooo smooooth..even my PC,my second device, my brother and sister device and all electric device in my home ran sooo smoooth...thanks a lot OP! :good::good::good:
    Nyc...
    It works sem as guied by CarlDeanCatabay.......

Sent from my GT-S5360