[CLOSED][ROM][STABLE][N][7.0][AQF7][11.07.17][SM-G950F/FD/N] BatMan-Rom V1.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

10thDmenxn

Dec 19, 2016
I have reflashed beta 2. On the AOD screen, there is a message at the bottom saying, "Double tap here to learn how to use Always On Display". How can I get rid of this? Also, I cannot pass safety net. Lastly, the top row of quick toggles are covered up when I pull the notification bar all the way down. But they reappear when I push it back up to the smallest appearance. Thanks.

Last edited:

koko115

Jul 1, 2012
hello guys and sorry for the my time not being here and answer questions, I took my holiday to work on the new V1.1.0 release (mainly for the s7 compatibility) and now I'm almost done, final version of 1.1.0 will be uploaded today, for a test version you can already visit our new website
1.1.0 has been full working private mode like in renovate rom v118 and semi transparent navbar in all apps ?

Last edited:
hello guys and sorry for the my time not being here and answer questions, I took my holiday to work on the new V1.1.0 release (mainly for the s7 compatibility) and now I'm almost done, final version of 1.1.0 will be uploaded today, for a test version you can already visit our new website

Will samsung DEX really not work with the modified System UI?
Thank you and congratulations for the great work.

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
1.1.0 has been full working private mode like in renovate rom v118 and semi transparent navbar in all apps ?
Fully working private mode, yes. Navbar is stock as on AQF7 base
Will samsung DEX really not work with the modified System UI?
Thank you and congratulations for the great work.
Why should it not work? I haven't heard from anyone that it doesn't work (there was a problem with batstock rom which had a missing apk but that was fixed long ago)

Reactions: koko115

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
I'm also not sure why it does not work, but with the modified system UI, the DEX system is always giving force close to System UI. When I changed to stock system UI, it ran normally. I think maybe it could be by the modifications in the clock or else 3Minit ...

Sent from my SM-G950F using XDA-Developers Legacy app
A logcat would help me alot, as I'm not going to waste 150 bucks for something I don't use :)

Reactions: angelohb

10thDmenxn

Dec 19, 2016
I'm on 1.1.0 beta2, and I Still can't get safety net to pass. Have hidden sys ui, and checked the core box. Neither seems to help this. Also, long pressing the back button does NOT bring up menu (default) as it is supposed to. But it can be set to long press and kill app. However, I use it for default menu, and so it isn't working. Other than that, the rom seems to run smoothly and work well.
On another note, I really don't see anything different in this rom than I saw in SM rom, other than the colors of aroma and splash screens.

Last edited:

koko115

Jul 1, 2012
On new versjon 1.1.0 i no have LTE icon on statusvar. Only 4G. How change this ?

Ok. I found in romcontrol.
Best rom. Thanks.

10thDmenxn

Dec 19, 2016
I have done some extensive testing and for those who want better battery life and a much faster smoother rom, change your I/O scheduler to "Fiops", or for even a little better battery life and still good quickness you can use "Row". Then put your cpu gov's on "Interactive". This has yielded me much better smoothness and is very fast. I need to test battery a little longer before knowing for sure how much improvement there is. But I hope this helps some of you out. You will notice the difference right away.

On a side note, does anyone have a dl link for all the fonts that were in SM rom??? And why is it so hard to add fonts to this rom???? Thanks!

Last edited:

rehanraza

Feb 7, 2008
London
Fully working private mode, yes. Navbar is stock as on AQF7 base

Why should it not work? I haven't heard from anyone that it doesn't work (there was a problem with batstock rom which had a missing apk but that was fixed long ago)
Im reporting couple of bugs.
Private mode is not working with with stock 1.2 kernel on batman 1.1 clean install. However it's working with others kernels like noto 1.9
Cpu temps are quite high in stock kernel around 50 on everage. However it's goes down to 40 on noto and Jessec kernel.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

McHerold

Jul 11, 2017
The rom is fantastic, but having issue when I plug in the USB OTG, the phone not detected ...Anyone here has this issue
Also happen with TWRP 3.1.1 , could not mount

Hi, I am also having this issue since flashing the BatMan ROM. With stock ROM I had no problem, even TWRP recognized USB OTG, but now nothing.
Wether TWRP or Nougat is detecting any OTG device.

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
I'm on 1.1.0 beta2, and I Still can't get safety net to pass. Have hidden sys ui, and checked the core box. Neither seems to help this. Also, long pressing the back button does NOT bring up menu (default) as it is supposed to. But it can be set to long press and kill app. However, I use it for default menu, and so it isn't working. Other than that, the rom seems to run smoothly and work well.
On another note, I really don't see anything different in this rom than I saw in SM rom, other than the colors of aroma and splash screens.
I think you are on a s7 right? I would prefer it not to mix things up with s8 devices, thank you!
On new versjon 1.1.0 i no have LTE icon on statusvar. Only 4G. How change this ?

Ok. I found in romcontrol.
Best rom. Thanks.
Perfect you found it :)
Im reporting couple of bugs.
Private mode is not working with with stock 1.2 kernel on batman 1.1 clean install. However it's working with others kernels like noto 1.9
Cpu temps are quite high in stock kernel around 50 on everage. However it's goes down to 40 on noto and Jessec kernel.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Stock kernel doesn't support private mode, only batstock-kernel does, same for the settings apk, stock settings doesn't support it only modded settings. If stock would support it we wouldn't need anything custom :D
Hi, I am also having this issue since flashing the BatMan ROM. With stock ROM I had no problem, even TWRP recognized USB OTG, but now nothing.
Wether TWRP or Nougat is detecting any OTG device.
Did you remove myfiles apk? I saw some people removing it with this problem

McHerold

Jul 11, 2017
Did you remove myfiles apk? I saw some people removing it with this problem

As far as I remember I didn't. Was it in the list where I could choose which samsung app I'd like to install?
These are the entrys in TWRP Log, I think they're related to it, maybe it helps:
I:Lun file '/sys/class/android_usb/android0/f_mass_storage/lun0/file' does not exist, USB storage mode disabled
And when I try to mount the OTG device:
I: unable to mount '/usb-otg'
*I've read the S8 TWRP thread, I am not the only one with this problem, so probably it's a TWRP issue, but I still have the problem, that Android itself is not detecting any USB OTG device, just no reaction when I plug it in.*

And another thing:
Anyone here has problems passing SafetyNet with Magisk 13.1 and newest Magisk Manager?

Last edited:

t0m2k

May 18, 2011
strange, i flashed twrp, enabled OEM unlock. Booted directly into twrp, formatted data, wiped everything and the phone randomly reboots... what now?

edited: resized and repaired EXT4 data partition, and now its working :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tarekboukaf

Burning_aces

Dec 22, 2009
I have done some extensive testing and for those who want better battery life and a much faster smoother rom, change your I/O scheduler to "Fiops", or for even a little better battery life and still good quickness you can use "Row". Then put your cpu gov's on "Interactive". This has yielded me much better smoothness and is very fast. I need to test battery a little longer before knowing for sure how much improvement there is. But I hope this helps some of you out. You will notice the difference right away.

On a side note, does anyone have a dl link for all the fonts that were in SM rom??? And why is it so hard to add fonts to this rom???? Thanks!

What are you using to control your io scheduler, and to control your CPU governor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ThreadHeader1.jpg

Hey guys! You may ask yourself what this rom is about and what you can expect from it, so it's basically something similar to the SuperMan-Rom on the Galaxy S7/S7 edge! It has many custom featuers, but you will find it below in the feature list :thumbup:
    As you maybe know I'm a little fanboy from samsung, means I really love the stock look of the UI and the rom will always be based on most recent version from samsung, current base used is G955FXXU1AQF7 (compatible with S8 and S8+)
    I wish you much fun reading through the features and while using this rom! Enjoy

So this rom should be installed by anyone loving to use a rom close to stock BUT with many mods inside aroma/rom control.

Also I'd like to make the already fast galaxy s8 even more faster as it already is! Let's see if we can reach this goal :love:

Nobody is allowed to take stuff from my rom without asking me! Thank you.

IF YOU FOLLOW MY STEPS BELOW, YOU WILL MAY LOSE YOUR WARRANTY, KNOX WILL DISPLAY 0x1! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED DEVICE!

Rom features of V1.1.1 Nougat:
    - Based on latest G955FXXU1AQF7 Nougat base
    - Prerooted with SuperSU V2.82 SR1, Phh root r310 or MagiskSU (choose in aroma)
    - Magisk V13.1 (aroma selectable)
    - Latest Busybox installed (aroma selectable)
    - Aroma installer! with support up to 4GB zip files
    - CSC features can be choosen and installed in aroma (such as Applock, Floating Message, Call recording and more!)
    - Adblocker enabled or disabled (choose in aroma)
    - Viper4Android included (choose in aroma, works only with custom kernel)
    - VIper4A with magisk support (choose in aroma, works only with custom kernel)
    - DAP sound mod included (choose in aroma, works only with custom kernel)
    - Full rom control!! App name is BatMan Settings Free
    - Fully deodexed (also framework)
    - Rom informations and logo inside settings
    - LED indicator settings
    - choose IOS or stock emojis in aroma
    - DM-Verity disabled
    - Force encrypt disabled
    - ADB fully working
    - Modded SystemUI with many tweaks in RomControl (like header colors, qs colors and notification colors)
    - 3Minit Clock/battery in romcontrol
    - Custom clock positions and customizations in romcontrol
    - USB Plug/Unplug disable wake up
    - Remove high volume warning for headphones
    - Torch on lockscreen
    - Use volume key on lockscreen to switch music titles
    - Knox stuff can be choosen in aroma
    - Back to kill (in RomControl)
    - Stock AQF7 Kernel or BatStock-Kernel(choose in aroma)
    - Based off from latest touchwiz source available at this moment
    - Many apps are selectable in aroma debloat menu
    - Selinux permissive on custom kernel
    - Ram bar in recents
    - Matrix animation in recents
    - Sound Mod with lot improvements! (choose in aroma)
    - Latest June Security Patch
    - Many other features, can't list them all, please read changelog to see what changed over the time

How to install the rom:
    For advanced users:
    0. Make sure to have a backup somewhere on external storage
    1. Make sure to be on most recent TWRP, bootloader and modem
    2. Flash the rom
    3. If you need VoLTE or Wifi Calling, flash your correct carrier CSC
    4. Done

For normal users:
    0. Boot your phone, enable OEM unlock in developer settings
    1. Flash TWRP with Odin (if you don't have odin, download it here), following this thread S8/S8+ TWRP until it works correctly (to access download mode, press bixby+volume down+power on while phone is turned off)
    2. Make sure you are using most recent bootloader and modem, latest one available here on Android File Host
    3. Now boot into TWRP by pressing bixby+volume up+power on while phone is turned off
    4. If TWRP asks you about allowing system to be edited, swipe yes to confirm
    5. In TWRP, go to wipe, format data (a keyboard will pop up now), type "yes" (this will wipe all your data, make sure to have a backup!)
    6. After this, reboot recovery and start the rom installer
    7. Select your preferences in my aroma installer
    8. If you selected to auto update bootloader in aroma, the installer will reboot automatically
    9. You can still install my CSC selection if you are customer of a carrier which is not supported by default CSC inside the rom
    10. Wait till the rom boots up
    11. After setting up, open BatMan Settings Free and let the app apply my default settings!
    12. Enjoy the rom!

Downloads for SM-G95XF/FD/N:
    V1.1.1 on Android File Host
    Bootloader/Modems SM-G95XF/FD/N
    CSC Selection V1.0.0

Useful Links:
    Our new Grifo Development website
    Telegram BatMan News Channel
    Telegram BatMan-Rom Chat
    Telegram Dark Knight Theme

Known Bugs:
    - Fingerprint unlock without unlocking display is obsolent in RC, it will be removed (s8 is default like this)

Credits:
    - Samsung for the base
    - SuperR for his awesome Kitchen
    - Chainfire for his SuperSU
    - topjohnwu for systemless Magisk V12
    - amarullz for aroma and nkk71 to make it compatible with bigger zip files
    - wubydax and daxgirl for basic RomControl
    - myellow for all the great animations!
    - TheFreak for his work as designer and his help with the website
    - mwilky for his fingerprint after reboot mod, the colors control and other mods
    - Asc1977 for a few mods I already used on SuperMan

Support:
    If you enjoy this I would be really lucky if you would hit thanks :victory:
    And if you really really like it, here is a donation link
    :good:
    PayPal

XDA:DevDB Information
    BatMan-Rom SM-G950F, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    Tkkg1994
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/Tkkg1994/BatMan-Rom

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Custom TWRP Recovery
    Based On: Stock Based

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V1.1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-11

Created 2017-06-07
    Last Updated 2017-07-12
    Changelog BatMan-Rom

BatMan-Rom V1.1.1
    - Rebased on latest AQF7 release
    - June security patch
    - Fixed the gap in pulldown menu
    - readded private mode
    - added a switch in RC for immersive mode
    - updated csc to AQF7
    - added a switch for wake the device with the volume buttons
    - fake system status to official
    - removed camera mod, it didn't work anyway
    - updated magisk to latest v13.1
    - updated all kernels with AQF7 base
    - updated supersu to v2.82 sr1
    - made the rom compatible with s7/s7e edge devices
    - added an option to control icon colors/progress bars etc
    - added a custom music apk to be colored (thanks to @Therassaad)
    - many more things, check out the rom

Download link V1.1.1, also visit our own website!
    Useful links

App on PlayStore:
    Find my own BatMan app on PlayStore: coming soon!

Odin:
    Find all latest odin and samsung tools on this link: Samsung-Tools

TWRP links:
    TWRP S8 Thread
    Official TWRP website for S8

Bootloader and Modems:
    SM-G950F/FD/N BL and CP (all models in one folder!)
    SM-G950F/FD BL and CP
    SM-G950N BL and CP

Magisk related Threads:
    Magisk V12
    Magisk Discussion
    How-To create a Magisk module
    Phh magiks superuser
    Magisk module collection

Root related Threads:
    Phh's superuser
    Phh's hidesu
    Phh's official apk
    Phh's material APK
    Stable SuperSU releases
    Beta SuperSU releases
    Chainfires suhide

Kernels Threads:
    BatStock-Kernel
    Notorious Kernel

Roms made by me:
    BatMan-Rom which you are currently on its thread :)
    BatStock-Rom which is as close to stock as possible with some nice additions.

Samsung Links:
    Sammobile Website
    Latest samsung apks
    Samsung Opensource Center
    Live samsung updates
    Fast firmware downloads

Thread about CSC:
    Download latest CSC from CSC Selection V1.0
    All CSC's ever released

How to donate:
    Donate via PayPal.me
    Donation via normal PayPal