419 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By zat0x, Senior Member on 22nd February 2014, 06:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th July 2017, 01:28 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I am stuck with the same problem.
rooted my z1c and unable to uninstall system apps like google film, google books etc

what exactly do I need to do or use to get rid of them?

9th July 2017, 02:52 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 981

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchi

I am stuck with the same problem.
rooted my z1c and unable to uninstall system apps like google film, google books etc

what exactly do I need to do or use to get rid of them?

What have you tried already? Also, what root method did you use? LP has system r/w protection by default, even if rooted. Dual recovery by NUT usually enables it, or there's other ways. Once you have r/w access, you can try apps like Rom Toolbox or try file manager in /system/app and /system/priv-app. Be careful and make a backup.
9th July 2017, 08:48 PM |#23  

More
I rooted with kingroot dowloaded for xda.
I tried link2sd, kingroot delete tool, system app remover - more or less thats it. I tried to root already quite some times, but always thought because of the inability to delete the system apps, root was not successful. seems I just did not get down deep enough the rabbit whole.

What steps need do be done, I am quite lost because of all the many threads and guides which one is working and not. Everything also seems quite complicated and needs downgrade which I want to avoid.
Also I resetted the device already 3 times to factory so avoiding this would also be great.

thanks

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

I have installed nuts dual recovery, but nothing really changed in uninstalling system apps like google+ what else do I need to do ?
9th July 2017, 08:57 PM |#24  

More
Quote:

I have installed nuts dual recovery, but nothing really changed in uninstalling system apps like google+ what else do I need to do ?

Did it install successfully, (cannot you boot to recovery)? If so, you can boot to TWRP, and click 'mount', then check the box for 'system', then go back and click 'advanced' > 'file manager', then navigate to system directory and find the folders you want to delete in /system/app or /system/priv-app. If you want to avoid another factory reset, probably a good idea to make a backup in recovery, since removing system apps has potential to cause tangent problems.
Also, if dual recovery installed, you should be able to get r/w access. Try to use terminal commands: first type 'su', then grant root access, then type 'mount -o remount,rw /system'. Then try your system app remover again.
9th July 2017, 10:27 PM |#25  

More
thanks for the tips, I just ended up in a boot loop and after that no recovery and not booting phone.
I try to install a stock ftf now and start over again this phone is really driving me crazy.
10th July 2017, 01:08 AM |#26  

More
Quote:

thanks for the tips, I just ended up in a boot loop and after that no recovery and not booting phone.
I try to install a stock ftf now and start over again this phone is really driving me crazy.

This is what I do, works every time - https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...76&postcount=6.
11th July 2017, 07:50 AM |#27  

More
phone is up and running, on the way I decided to go with a prerooted image and stay with a locked bootloader
was surprised that there are so many options to solve a soft/hard brick situation.
Now I have to verify if the new image allows system being writable because all the image "creators" include google chrome, books, music etc in their image as a system app which is just stupid in my opinion - it is a waste of space if they get updated.

Nevertheless, I check the RW option (mount -o remount,rw /system) later the week.
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)