HTC 10 updates thread

Search This thread

mirost1

Nov 10, 2009
Blagoevgrad
Try deleting data from the app maybe it will help. Sometimes I need to reinstall apps after several updates for them to work properly. Really wierd to what happens to apps these days :eek:

I've already tried that all, the data from the mirrorlink app erased the rockscout data erased and reinstalled but unfortunately it does not work.
All I'm trying to do is reset the pioneer avh-x7700bt car radio and hope it's working.

Guys really, will you stop discussing this here?

lacxp

Jul 29, 2010
Update

New update for US Unlocked version!! ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170712-125005.png
    Screenshot_20170712-125005.png
    226.5 KB · Views: 1,443

Kisakuku

Oct 31, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC EVO 3D
Last edited:
Reactions: hx3

lskyr3l

Dec 25, 2013
Would any of you who have already installed this update, post later (after testing it) about battery life?

fun_key

Sep 25, 2006
As a one proud HTC 10 WWE EU owner, HTC is really getting on my nerves with their update policy. I contacted the support and was only told that I was already running the latest version and that January patch level was expected. Just browse the CVE released for Android between January and today and you will get scared.

Yesterday the carrier branded Xperia X of my gf received Android 7.1.1 with security update from 1st June....

michi.widy

Dec 29, 2014
Htc 10 gonna be my first and last htc device. It's absolutely ridiculous how we European users are treated. I don't know why but I think the next European Update (still in 2017?) will include jokes like security-patch level from April or something like that.*
I know my next phone will be a Sony or a Nokia.

danstr15

Aug 9, 2012
Warburg
I just did the update this morning, and I have to plug in my phone, after not much use... As soon as I plugged it in it started whining for a few minutes, then faded, now it is doing it again... It also shut itself down once and I had to unplug it to restart it. Not very impressed at the moment. Edit, it was whining with a 2.4 amp charger, but not with a 2.0 amp, 5.3 volt one...

Last edited:

Kisakuku

Oct 31, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC EVO 3D
Last edited:
Reactions: blueberry60 and hx3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that I have everyones attention...

This thread has turned into a cesspool of nonsense, I own this device and it's getting old having to sift through 80 pages of BS to find what I'm looking for.

This IS the Update thread.. Please stay on topic only make posts relevant to updates.
    This IS NOT the complaint thread...please take those post elsewhere...maybe someone can open a Complaint thread in the General section.
    This IS NOT a Q&A/Help me thread, there is a whole Q&A section for those posts. Also there is an n00b Friendly Ask any question thread for those posts.
    This IS NOT an Off Topic thread, please take those posts elsewhere.

To be respectful to everyone please stay on topic.

From this post on, anything not update related will be removed.

Another option would be to leave this thread for the nonsense and have a new pristine Update thread opened...if we go this route I would like to ask @Kisakuku to undertake this as he/she is on top of all the update that come out almost immediately.

Thanks for understanding and carry on,
    Sloth
    Don't read it then. It's not bothering anyone is it.

Firstly, you're trolling... so your post does not belong here.
    Never getting a HTC ....

Secondly, unless earbuds have started getting OTA updates...your post does not belong here.

Thirdly, not only am I a Moderator but I am a owner/user of the HTC 10 and I know I can't be the only one that's tired of reading through 80 pages of BS just like the stuff you posted, to find something relevant.

Fourthly if you don't have anything relevant to this thread to contribute please move along.
    HTC US Unlocked Oreo RUU 3.16.617.2_R3

U.S. Unlocked HTC 10 Oreo
    3.16.617.2_R3

This is Full signed/Encrypted RUU Zip for 3.16.617.2 Revision 3

Download:
    2PS6IMG_PERFUME_WL_O80_SENSE90GP_VZW_MR_NA_Gen_Unlock_3.16.617.2_R3_Radio_1.0.C010022@60322_CNV_0.77_002_release_520336_combined_signed_2.zip

ENJOY!
    :good:

Lets not discuss the importance of updates here. People who spend over 500€/500$ should not be worried about getting the most essential support by their manufacturer - security patches. Not receiving any updates for over 6 months is just not understandable, when the US customers are receiving them - period! No problem when HTC communicates such problems with their paying customers. But just leaving them with chat-bot answers is not enough. I paid hundreds of € to be in the circle of top tier customers and not to feel like I bought a phone from a noname manufacturer from China.
    And one more question: those people who updated to official oreo have the same fused and production flags. Anyone knows something about that?

This keeps being asked, so I will go ahead and post here more information then you probably want. :p

Fused is simply the new emulated storage handler, instead of Vold/Vfat/Fat32
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    df
    As you'll see, Disk Free reveals this "new" entry: (available space will vary per device obviously)

/dev/fuse 192205824 29026176 163179648 16% /storage/0E14-125B

Google decided to use FUSE as a frontend to actual data stored on the non-volatile memory. (initially introduced in Android 4.4/AOSP)
    This kind of partition was needed because of compatibility reasons.
    The applications can store data no matter if it's internal or external flash.
    In case of storing data on external SD cards, system has to deal usually with FAT32 filesystem. FAT32 is quite different than EXT4 used by Android internally.
    For instance, it's not case sensitive and doesn't handle discretionary access control.
    Because of adding more Android specific permissions, Google decided to use FUSE to emulate FAT32.
    FUSE support is enabled in the kernel. Complementarily, there is a userspace daemon called "sdcard".
    On boot, the sdcard daemon mounts a /dev/fuse device to the emulated directory.
    After that, it polls the FUSE device waiting for messages from the kernel.

There is actually a lot happening with this emulation.
    This is because each file operation will now work in a following way:
    • Userspace application issues a system call that will be handled by the FUSE driver in kernel
    • FUSE driver in the kernel notifies the userspace daemon (sdcard) about the new request
    • Userspace daemon reads /dev/fuse
    • Userspace daemon parses command and recognizes file operation (ex. open)
    • Userspace daemon issues system call to the actual filesystem (EXT4)
    • Kernel handles physical data access and sends data back to the userspace
    • Userspace modifies (or not) data and passes it through /dev/fuse to kernel again
    • Kernel completes original system call and moves data to the actual userspace application

So, now seeing Fused in bootloader is completely normal for Oreo on the HTC 10.
    Hope that helps clear that up some. :good: