FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What are you using this guide for?

A starting point to learn

544 Vote(s)
73.02%
A quick refresher course

95 Vote(s)
12.75%
Troubleshooting

246 Vote(s)
33.02%
Referring users from development threads

44 Vote(s)
5.91%
Linking to my own guide(s)

10 Vote(s)
1.34%

[UNIVERSAL][LOGCAT]How to get & read a logcat/ Troubleshoot your own issues!

6,807 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,134

Post Reply Email Thread
14th July 2017, 12:11 PM |#781  
Thanks Meter: 950

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foudroid

Here is the correct logcat. Try to port xenonhd android 7.1.2 to my elephone p6000 pro.stuck in boot animation.please need help to find fix !!!!!

No logcat attached 😒

14th July 2017, 07:42 PM |#782  
madagascar
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

No logcat attached

Sorry !file was too large for .txt !i zip and reupload.here it is !
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat.txt.zip - [Click for QR Code] (53.4 KB, 6 views)
15th July 2017, 11:07 AM |#783  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Hello, I wanted to ask that I flashed new rom with clean flash (data,system,caache,artcache) and then flashed the new rom. Now the rom gets stuck at bootanimation and stays there . Since rom hasn't booted once enabling usb debugging goes out of the question and when it was booting after the bootlogo i tried to take logcat while boot animation was going on but all I was getting was waiting for device message . I even tried kmesg,and dmesg and It says device/emulator not found. What should i do now ??
Many thanks.
15th July 2017, 01:32 PM |#784  
Thanks Meter: 814

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravbhakuni90

Hello, I wanted to ask that I flashed new rom with clean flash (data,system,caache,artcache) and then flashed the new rom. Now the rom gets stuck at bootanimation and stays there . Since rom hasn't booted once enabling usb debugging goes out of the question and when it was booting after the bootlogo i tried to take logcat while boot animation was going on but all I was getting was waiting for device message . I even tried kmesg,and dmesg and It says device/emulator not found. What should i do now ??
Many thanks.

Pull the battery or whatever you have to do to kill the process and boot to recovery.

You could try again or flash a different ROM or stock.

You could ask in the ROM forum -the one that's bootlooping - to make sure you followed the correct procedure for that ROM.
15th July 2017, 01:36 PM |#785  
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Pull the battery or whatever you have to do to kill the process and boot to recovery.

You could try again or flash a different ROM or stock.

You could ask in the ROM forum -the one that's bootlooping - to make sure you followed the correct procedure for that ROM.

I know that i can flash the other rom but i really wanted to help the developer and try the rom . And in the process learn new things . Flashing another rom is always an option but currently i don't want that i want to have a solution . I want to learn that . @Stryke_the_Orc can you help me dear.
Thanks.
15th July 2017, 01:56 PM |#786  
Thanks Meter: 814

More
Quote:

I know that i can flash the other rom but i really wanted to help the developer and try the rom . And in the process learn new things . Flashing another rom is always an option but currently i don't want that i want to have a solution . I want to learn that . @Stryke_the_Orc can you help me dear.
Thanks.

From the first post:

Quote:

DUE TO REAL LIFE TIME CONSTRAINTS I AM UNABLE TO CONTINUE READING AND DIAGNOSING LOGS FOR MEMBERS. PLEASE USE THIS THREAD AS INTENDED, AS A STARTING POINT IN LEARNING TO READ THESE LOGS AND DIAGNOSE PROBLEMS YOURSELF. THANK YOU!

I'd have thought you grasped the concept that if your not getting far enough in the boot process to be recognized by adb, then your not going to get a log "to help the developer". The issue with capturing a logcat during a bootloop is that the boot process has to be far enough along to have started the adb daemon.

Have you saved a copy of the log made during flashing? You should be able to pull that off your device in recovery, right after flashing. At this stage, it's most likely that log will give a clue.

It sounds like there is something more fundamental going on. Go back to the ROM thread and make sure things like flash order, bootloader and recovery versions, additional packages that are/not required are all being followed. Make sure you check md5 (if available) for all downloads packages or that zip verification is turned on prior to flashing. I'm not saying that this is the problem, but it happens to people (more often than you'd think) that the ROM they downloaded wasn't actually for the device they're putting it on. You'll have to figure out what fundamental thing is stopping the boot process.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
15th July 2017, 02:16 PM |#787  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 36,438

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

From the first post:

I'd have thought you grasped the concept that if your not getting far enough in the boot process to be recognized by adb, then your not going to get a log "to help the developer". The issue with capturing a logcat during a bootloop is that the boot process has to be far enough along to have started the adb daemon.

Have you saved a copy of the log made during flashing? You should be able to pull that off your device in recovery, right after flashing. At this stage, it's most likely that log will give a clue.

It sounds like there is something more fundamental going on. Go back to the ROM thread and make sure things like flash order, bootloader and recovery versions, additional packages that are/not required are all being followed. Make sure you check md5 (if available) for all downloads packages or that zip verification is turned on prior to flashing. I'm not saying that this is the problem, but it happens to people (more often than you'd think) that the ROM they downloaded wasn't actually for the device they're putting it on. You'll have to figure out what fundamental thing is stopping the boot process.

Additionally, on many of the newer android builds, it is very difficult to establish an adb connection due to the integrated RSA security that is built in (that authorization popup to allow secure adb connection the first time). So it is a catch 22... if the rom wont boot at least once, you cant get that RSA key established for adb troubleshooting.

Also, bootanimation bootloops are frequently framework related issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
15th July 2017, 08:02 PM |#788  
Flag New Delhi

More
@ktmom double checked every thing . With all due respect whatever you said i do check that every single time with every single device i have . I am just asking if is there a way to get logs when it is stuck at bootanimation . Recovery logs yes i have but it shows nothing wrong. And if i download wrong file for wrong device i should get twrp error 7 or else , don't you think ??
@tdunham that is the thing . That is why i said since rom is not booted once . Jab debugging and RSA keys goes out of the question .

Edit - found two threads where i can get logs at bootanimation gonna try that.
22nd July 2017, 08:15 AM |#789  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:

@ktmom double checked every thing . With all due respect whatever you said i do check that every single time with every single device i have . I am just asking if is there a way to get logs when it is stuck at bootanimation . Recovery logs yes i have but it shows nothing wrong. And if i download wrong file for wrong device i should get twrp error 7 or else , don't you think ??
@tdunham that is the thing . That is why i said since rom is not booted once . Jab debugging and RSA keys goes out of the question .

Edit - found two threads where i can get logs at bootanimation gonna try that.

I have to say that for getting adb and logcat, please try the following as I had a very good experience while porting roms.
I felt irritated that I couldn't get adb and logcat, so I experimented. Getting adb was necessary to boot to recovery too as I didn't like pressing the buttons every time .
In boot.img
1. Editing the default.prop with addition / modification of those lines if you know persist.xxx. enable, ro.debugging.xx etc.
These values were enough for me, but exceptions may be there
ro.adb.secure=0
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
persist.service.acm.enable=0
ro.secure=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1
persist.service.debuggable=1
2. Replacing those files fstab.mt6xxx.rc, init.mt6xxx.rc, and init.mt6xxx.usb.rc
27th July 2017, 09:04 AM |#790  
Flag Narayanganj
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke_the_Orc

LOL, Thanks bro

Please help me
Here is logcat
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5948eb6f...0-14-54-10.txt
Problem is my when I turn on data connection my Sim get disconnect and after 10 sec it get connected and then again it get disconnect
Until I turn off My data connection it gonna act like that
So please check logcat and help me please
6th August 2017, 03:48 PM |#791  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
android starts crashing every app after some time
hey guys,
I'm running a good old oneplus one with CM Version: '13.0-ZNH5Y-20170430-STABLE-Sultan-bacon', rooted (supersu) and xposed module installed.
one day apps started crashing when I wanted to open them ("unfortunately, app1 has stopped"), so i flashed my phone with the same rom and re-installed the apps using titanium backup. everything was fine for around 5 days but then the same problems returned.
the thing is, it doesn't happen in the first hours after reboot and it gets worse if I'm connected to a wifi.
Could someone please take a look at the logcat and tell me what to do? I'm getting crazy
thanks a lot
Attached Files
File Type: rar LOGCAT(2017-08-06)(1518).rar - [Click for QR Code] (50.4 KB, 12 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to oriped For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oriped Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how-to, logcat, troubleshooting

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)