MTK FirmwareAdapter Tool

Search This thread

back37

Jul 17, 2012
Zavodoukovsk/Tyumen
can you make updated version of this tool which supports newer chipset?

No, because i don't have any MTK device a long time... and it supports any MTK device, doesn't matter that project you choose... MT6577, MT6575 etc. it's only name!, but content you must change for your device, just read some threads about porting or make a port by hands, and make this project And of cource it's opensource, you can change everythings, theme, buttons, functions etc. just edit source and compile new...

Reactions: Ab20000

Ab20000

Jul 23, 2012
what else i need to do for porting?

i know i need to modify ramdisk put right soc name and partition locations what else i need to do if i want to port android one 4.4.4 kitkat aosp rom.? any ideas?
No, because i don't have any MTK device a long time... and it supports any MTK device, doesn't matter that project you choose... MT6577, MT6575 etc. it's only name!, but content you must change for your device, just read some threads about porting or make a port by hands, and make this project And of cource it's opensource, you can change everythings, theme, buttons, functions etc. just edit source and compile new...

back37

Jul 17, 2012
Zavodoukovsk/Tyumen
i know i need to modify ramdisk put right soc name and partition locations what else i need to do if i want to port android one 4.4.4 kitkat aosp rom.? any ideas?

My latest port was 4.2 for MT6589, that's needed for 4.4 i don't have any idea... But you can try to ask this question on some thread about porting (some of them in about window), or find device with similar MTK, more likely if also similar vendor and try to find that's was changed (for example use BeyondCompare and compare ported rom for device and latest official (or other if it's specified in description)) or ask question for this port maker, it will more fast and usefull :)

Reactions: Ab20000

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Slightly OT

Hi @back37
I noticed you have the Sony Xperia ZL C6502 Black which I also have :D
Can you tell me if you tried to get LTE (4G) working on yours or even if it's possible on the C6502 :confused:

Also thanks for open sourcing the Firmware adaptor tool :good:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Hi... no, our 6502 don't have hardware support 4G, :) You need 6506 or 6503, to get working LTE
Thanks bro,
I thought it may be hardware restricted :rolleyes:
The info I found was very confusing with some saying yes it can support 4G and others saying no it can't :eek:
I will take your answer as the definitive one with no support for 4G. :highfive:
I thought I would try the best of both worlds Sony and Mediatek and bought a Xperia C4 (mt6752) but boy is this thing is tough to root. :crying:
( Locked bootloader and no SPFlashtool support ) :laugh:

the_one_walker

Feb 11, 2016
and this?....is some way to make it work?
she make trace1.bat inside of trace.bat?

Attachments

• err.jpg
    err.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 233

mhd 12

Aug 30, 2014
hey i wanna ask about something , i installed many firmware on my dz09 but all of them come with 3/4 screen or touch screen don't work , how can i fix that ? can we fix the rom to work ? plz help

mhd 12

Aug 30, 2014
well my tablet was working fine but after sometimes it began to freez on boot screen , i tried every method and i finished always by trying to reset the tablet and lose all my data on it , untill one day it froze , and even reset wouldn't solve the prob , so i tried flashing the rom , but the problem is i followed every step i found on lenovo site but when i tried to flash the rom it reachs 31% and it stops and the flash tool pop up saying "s_da_sdmmc_write_failed(3149) " i tryed other version of sp flashtool the latest one , and it reaches 31% and popup "sft download fail 4008 " and when i press the power button it shows lenovo screen with "tool dl image fail'.... i tried downloading every item of the rom and i found that when it reaches to download android to the flash it stucks then show 4008 error , also when it comes to user data it stucks at 1% and show error .... plz someone give me help i tried everything to solve the problem every solution on the web but i couldn't make a thing plz help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! And now... my program on XDA ;)

This program is designed for porting MTK ROMs, for other MTK devices...
    It contain several of example projects, that you can use, to make your project for your device... examle projects is designed only for single platform porting (MT6575 to MT6575, MT6577 to MT6577, e.t.c.), but you can create project to port ROM from MT6589 to MT6577 If you can find out what files are needed for this... it depends only on you...

System requirements:
    Additional
    PC: .NET framework 4.0 and above, JDK
    Phone: root access, adb root
    Short instruction to use:
    1. Run program
    2. Change lang, if you need
    3. Choose project and edit it for your device
    4. Get your files from zip ROM, ft ROM, folders or phone
    5. Get files from ROM to port
    6. Edit updater-script, build.prop, repack boot.img if you need
    7. Build ROM and flash it
    8. If don't work - goto step 2, or replace some files manualy
    Screenshots:
    file.php
    file.php
    file.php
    file.php

file.php
    file.php
    file.php
    Video guide:
    Older versions and changelogs you can find here: http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24506
    Latest version: http://d-h.st/04WM
    Sources: http://yadi.sk/d/SLzFHpcfNgYfo
    GitHub thread: https://github.com/back37/MTK-FirmwareAdapter-Tool

To get a quick answer to your question - send them via email...

P.S. Why it open source for now?:
    1. Now i don't have any MTK device and waiting for release MT6595...
    2. I want to add making flashtool images without device, but i don't know how to do it... (looks like with linux you can create ext4 image... image size pick up from scatter, perms from updater-scripd, or just RW-R--R--)

Program updated!

New:
    - Sound notification
    - Czech lang
    - Message show time
    Fixed:
    - Text coding, now program using unicode, it must be compatible with most of languages
    Bro I have tried to use this tool but can't port anything coz of some errors . will try again with the help of video tutorial.
    BTW glad to see ur thread on English forum (XDA).
    Thanks

Sent from my MIUI using Tapatalk

Maybe it was because you used the old version... many of bugs was fixed in latest version, while i tried to make guide...:) Or you needed in some others files to run ported ROM...
    The easiest way to check why you take this errors is try to make ported ROM manualy, by using any instruction and files from some project...

This program usefull only if you knows, that needed for you device to run ported ROM and completely useless if no... :cool:
    Can it port from mt6592 to mt6589 chipset??
    Or
    Should I need to manually perform some operations??

In theory - yes, you can, but you need to make very-very big project, with many lib and some apk, also you will be need to make some changes in ramdisk of boot.img manually (may be change algorithm of boot repack, or make some changes in script, to automate this)... before you don't make this port by hands, program doesn't help for you... but when you will know all files, you can make project to make ports fast, and if you upload this project then some newbies will be able to makes this ports with your project
    Update

New version was released... it have some bugfixes with getting files from system.img and from folders...