[ROM][7.1.2_r29][OFFICIAL] Team OctOS Oct-N [26/08/2017]

Search This thread

suvam69

Oct 21, 2013
ALIPURDUAR
Here too when jio is set as data sim then negligible battery drop but see the Airtel red bar??? green =jio

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170708-174536.png
    Screenshot_20170708-174536.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 234

Abhi(titan)

Jul 18, 2016
Better flash it yourself and post it for others here . Case specific answers are hard to find you know.
P.S. I'm not being rude here .

I tried various stuff to get that sound mod working but no luck almost used any method available out there .but didnt succeed thats why i asked .so that if anyone did get that mod working would share with me. Is it wrong to ask for help.

Last edited:

zenjedi

Apr 20, 2013
Jedi Starfighter
I tried various stuff to get that sound mod working but no luck almost used any method available out there .but didnt succeed thats why i asked .so that if anyone did get that mod working would share with me. Is it wrong to ask for help.

I'm not using this rom atm but the following steps have worked for me, so you can try, YMMV
- Try and install busybox meefik's from playstore
- in case it doesn't work then change selinux status. Download an older version 2.94 of arise, flash it and
Select permissive script in options.

Reactions: Abhi(titan)

Abhi(titan)

Jul 18, 2016
This you should have earlier , would have saved some post. Try ainur mod . World well.

THANK YOU

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I'm not using this rom atm but the following steps have worked for me, so you can try, YMMV
- Try and install busybox meefik's from playstore
- in case it doesn't work then change selinux status. Download an older version 2.94 of arise, flash it and
Select permissive script in options.

THANK YOU

holozis_HUN

Sep 19, 2015
Tompa
OnePlus Nord
I found an animation bug: if I use Google Maps, the animation of status bar (scroll down to status bar for see tiles, for turn on/off bluetooth etc, you know, when scroll down status bar) is laggy a lot. I use Maps as navigation and all animation is laggy while use google maps - Facebook Messenegr chat head open is laggy, status bar scroll down is laggy. Any solution?

ppr01

Jan 26, 2012
Today I was trying to do a conference call but wasn't able to do so. It shows an error can't continue to merge the calls. I was the one who initiated the call. Not sure if anyone uses it but to some others it maybe important. Hope you can try to check. Sorry wasn't able to provide screenshots or any logcats.

ppr01

Jan 26, 2012
reporting. themes are not working on substratum on the latest build. says error on applying.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    octos_large-1.png
    Octos-300.png
    Disclaimer: OctOs is a WIP. It has been evaluated as being stable, and is suitable for daily use in most cases. While it may be considered stable, there may be unknown bugs. The development team is not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.

Team OctOs presents Oct-N.

We maintain a current release record and change-log on our website: http://www.teamoctos.com

We have Gapps here.

http://opengapps.org
    ***USE Gapps of your choosing, we prefer Open Gapps***

- Please Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to. -

Feature List
    • Substratum rootless theme engine support (must install Substratum from play store)
    • Tentacles settings!
    • Pixel Launcher Included
    • OmniSwitch
    • Power menu options
    • Screenshot
    • Screen record
    • DPI settings
    • Status bar time and date options
    • Status bar network traffic indicator
    • Status bar notification settings
    • Quick tile settings
    • Volume button playback control
    • Volume button wake
    • DUI (fling, pulse, smartbar)
    • Screen record
    • And much more!!!!

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: Is this Android 7 (Nougat)?
    A: Yes, this is Android 7.1.2

Q: What code is Oct-N based on?
    A: This version of Oct-N is based on LineageOS 14.1

Q: Why isn't there XYZ feature?
    A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But all the others have..
    A: ROM developers, build something they want to use. The ROM developer that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't include (or don't want to include), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Oct-N.

Q: What about root?
    A: Root is removed by default (user will be able to flash which ever root zip they want)

Bugs:
    Bugs happen. Our testers are very good at breaking things, but no where near as good as the rest of the Android public. In order to investigate and fix issues, we need the help of the users who are going to report them. The Android OS has many nifty features to help us in this, but only if we can engage the user to assist us.

Logs, Logcat, and the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB)
    Like any other OS, Android has multiple log files that are generated and record the goings-on of the system. As a user, you have two basic ways to view and pull these to send to us. Without the information in the logfiles, there simply is not a whole lot of information to go on.

Log file APKs
    Team OctOs recommends SysLog from the Android Market. This application will allow you to selectively pick any (or all) of the system logs, compress them into a .ZIP file, and allow you to save, email, move to your Copy/DropBox/Cloud Storage account, etc.

ADB Logcat
    The Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) is a powerful tool available from Google as part of the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). Used for many things, being able to selectively see, in real-time, what your device is doing cannot be downplayed. While there is more setup involved, if you are doing consistent ROM flashing, you really should invest the time to get setup properly to do it.

ADB Logcat tutorial here: How to create a logcat log

Basic Instructions:
    1. Download ROM .zip file and MD5 file, and grab your favorite Open Gapps package http://opengapps.org
    2. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Reboot to Recovery from Power Menu, Hardware-based boot to recovery, or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
      --- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM ---
      The Oct-N ROM installation script will automatically wipe /system, /cache, and /dalvik-cache. There is no need to do these before or after flashing the ROM unless you are instructed to by your Gapps Provider. When dirty flashing weekly updates, you MUST reflash Gapps along with any other files, apps, custom mods or kernels etc.. (anything that resides in system partition)
    3. Flash ROM, GApps and any additional .ZIP files
    4. Reboot
    Download

Download Rom!

Firmware

Firmware!

Change log

View change log on Team-OctOS web site!

The foundation of the Android OS is the fact that is it open-source. We have all code we use internally in the creation of Oct-N available on our GitHub repositories.

Unless otherwise specified, all Oct-N builds kernel souce can be found on github at Team-OctOS.

Team OctOs GitHub - http://www.github.com/Team-OctOs
    Team OctOs Gerrit Review - http://www.teamoctos.com:8080
    Team OctOs GPLv2 License - http://www.teamoctos.com/license/
    Team OctOs Patreon Campaign - https://www.patreon.com/TOctOs
    Donate to OctOS Development (PayPal)

Want To Build Your Own?
    Check out the ReadMe on our GitHub for Instructions

Special thanks to
    • Our testers, without which, there would be no public releases for OctOs

We would also like to thank
    • AOSP
    • Open Gapps
    • LineageOS
    • Anyone else who has ever submitted Open-Source code

Credits :-
    • Tirth Patel (thp@1997)
    • Abhishek Agarwal (abhishek987)

Follow Team-OctOS!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2_r29][OFFICIAL] Team OctOS Oct-N [26/08/2017], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    thp@1997, manfromgta
    Source Code: https://github.com/Team-OctOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.2
    Beta Release Date: 2017-06-09

Created 2017-04-07
    Last Updated 2017-08-26
    */ New Build is UP /* (27/05/2017)

Changelog :-

> Fixed Fingerprint Issues
    > Fixed HW Key Backlights
    > Added Toggle for Glove Mode
    > Added Toggle for Double Tap to Wake
    > Added f2fs support
    > Increased notification light brightness (it was too dim earlier)
    > Disabled printk (Should see memory gaiin)
    > Disabled few drivers dmesg Spam
    > Fixed Reboot to Recovery Issues
    > Compiled Kernel from Source (Instead of Prebuilt)
    > Fixed Hotspot Issues
    > Fixed wlan logs saving in internal storage
    > Fixed fpc fingerprint sensor (now fingerprint should work for all)
    > Fixed headphone issue (where volume keys were not working)
    > Fixed safetynet (which earlier failed with magisk)
    > Updated blobs from latest miui
    > Initial Sepolicy

Link :- Team OCT Weekly

Full Changelog :- Weekly Changes
    New Weekly Build is Up (22/07/2017)

Changelog :-

> OSS Camera
    > OV Can sensor Fix
    > Video Rec Fixes

Grab it from here,

ROM :- OCT-N-WEEKLY-20170721-1609-mido.zip

Changelog :- OCT-N-WEEKLY-20170721-1609-mido-changelog.log :)
    New Weekly Build is Up (17/06/2017)

Grab it from here,

ROM :- OCT-N-WEEKLY-20170616-1735-mido.zip

Changelog :- OCT-N-WEEKLY-20170616-1735-mido-changelog.log :)
    New Weekly Build is Up (01/07/2017)

Grab it from here,

ROM :- OCT-N-WEEKLY-20170630-2128-mido.zip

Changelog :- OCT-N-WEEKLY-20170630-2128-mido-changelog.log :)