FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,644 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,095

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th July 2017, 08:15 PM |#1331  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

A new stable busybox (1.27.1) is out, so I've gotten started on the bring-up today. The existing NDK patches all still work, so that's a plus, but some new ones might be necessary for the added/changed features (or those features may need to be disabled if there are still code errors I can't resolve). So far, there are just some missing header errors. Stay tuned.

https://github.com/osm0sis/android-busybox-ndk

Good Luck keep us posted here so we can try it. Thank you.

25th July 2017, 11:42 PM |#1332  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallio

Good Luck keep us posted here so we can try it. Thank you.

The build itself is complete as of my last commit on GitHub (there were a few patches required), now I'm just finishing off testing a number of installer changes that make it flashable from within Magisk Manager.

I'm on night shift at work for the next three days, so maybe on the weekend, but early next week for sure.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2017, 02:02 AM |#1333  
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:

Scripts

I understand this is an old thread. However, I am interested in this addon.d script: https://dl.xda-developers.com/4/1/1/...&ts=1501030381

Is it possible for the zip to install the newest (based on download date) of a file that start with [static name]-[wild card]?

Example, I would like this script to see that FK-50.zip is newer than Fk49.zip.

The downloads always starts off as FK. So I would like a script that will install the newest of all files that starts with FK in a folder.

Is that possible?

Ideally, I would like to apply this to my kernel and magisk. Problem with magisk addon.d script is that when I update my kernel, I need to reflash magisk. So I cannot relay on magisk addon.d in favor of flashing the zip all over again.
26th July 2017, 02:10 AM |#1334  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhcb

I understand this is an old thread. However, I am interested in this addon.d script: https://dl.xda-developers.com/4/1/1/...&ts=1501030381

Is it possible for the zip to install the newest (based on download date) of a file that start with [static name]-[wild card]?

Example, I would like this script to see that FK-50.zip is newer than Fk49.zip.

The downloads always starts off as FK. So I would like a script that will install the newest of all files that starts with FK in a folder.

Is that possible?

Ideally, I would like to apply this to my kernel and magisk. Problem with magisk addon.d script is that when I update my kernel, I need to reflash magisk. So I cannot relay on magisk addon.d in favor of flashing the zip all over again.

Not an old thread at all!

Magisk's new addon.d ability used my work on FlashAfterUpdate, which is cool, but it does now make for unpredictable results when used together since it uses the same wait time as mine so both could be trying to modify the boot.img simultaneously.

I've got an updated FlashAfterUpdate to work around that (1 second longer wait, and continue to wait if it's detected that Magisk's addon.d is in the middle of doing its thing). I'll have it out when I put out the new busybox and some other updated goodies.

As for your idea, no.. way overcomplicating things. Rename the files under /sdcard/FlashAfterUpdate with 01- 02- etc. to dictate the order is the most obvious solution.

And for your reflashing Magisk issue, I'd suggest your kernel use AnyKernel2 so the Magisk changes remain intact through updates. If it's official Franco Kernel that should already work.
26th July 2017, 03:26 AM |#1335  

More
Quote:

Magisk's new addon.d ability used my work on FlashAfterUpdate, which is cool, but it does make it unpredictable results since it uses the same wait time as mine so both could be running simultaneously.

I've got an updated FlashAfterUpdate to work around that (1 second longer wait, and continue to wait if it's detected that Magisk's addon.d is in the middle of doing it's thing). I'll have it out when I put out busybox and some other updated goodies.

As for your idea, no.. way overcomplicating things. Rename the files under /sdcard/FlashAfterUpdate with 01- 02- etc. to dictate the order is the most obvious solution.

And for your reflashing Magisk issue, I'd suggest your kernel use AnyKernel2 so the Magisk changes remain intact through updates. If it's official Franco Kernel that should already work.

So my problem is that if I flash an updated version of FK, I will lose root (irregardless of magisk's addon.d, which makes sense since I am not updating the system). The only way to fix this is by reflashing Magisk.

So now, when I have CyanDelta install FK kernel, I must have it install Magisk.

However, it gets tiresome constantly renaming both files and moving it into the CyanDelta folder, since both are not on the same release schedule (understandably) .

I can always use the addon.d you made to keep my current kernel and use the magiskSU addon.d to keep that as well. However, if a new kernel is released, I need to flash that and magisk again manually (nothing is automated).

Essentially, I would like a way that I can have Magisk and FK updater to download the newest file when it comes out and when I hit install in CyanDelta, everything new gets installed. I'd like to do this without having to rename and manually moving the files (the kernel and magisk) into they cyandelta folder.
26th July 2017, 03:45 AM |#1336  
Flag The Poconos
Thanks Meter: 2,708

More
Quote:

So my problem is that if I flash an updated version of FK, I will lose root (irregardless of magisk's addon.d, which makes sense since I am not updating the system). The only way to fix this is by reflashing Magisk.

However, it gets tiresome constantly renaming both files and moving it into the CyanDelta folder, since both are not on the same release schedule (understandably) .

I can always use the addon.d you made to keep my current kernel and use the magiskSU addon.d to keep that as well. However, if a new kernel is released, I need to flash that and magisk again manually (nothing is automated).

Essentially, I would like a way that I can have Magisk and FK updater to download the newest file when it comes out and when I hit install in CyanDelta, everything new gets installed. I'd like to do this without having to rename and manually moving the files (the kernel and magisk) into they cyandelta folder.

This sounds to me more like an excellent job for Tasker... It can move files and so forth with root... And rename them as well

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rignfool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rignfool Ad-Free
26th July 2017, 04:38 AM |#1337  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Can you point me to the exact FK zip? Sounds like it just needs to be fixed somehow, AK2 zips are supposed to stack and leave existing changes untouched. Does it make any difference if it's flashed in recovery or via FKU?
26th July 2017, 05:05 AM |#1338  

More
Quote:

Magisk's new addon.d ability used my work on FlashAfterUpdate, which is cool, but it does now make for unpredictable results when used together since it uses the same wait time as mine so both could be trying to modify the boot.img simultaneously.

I've got an updated FlashAfterUpdate to work around that (1 second longer wait, and continue to wait if it's detected that Magisk's addon.d is in the middle of doing it's thing). I'll have it out when I put out the new busybox and some other updated goodies.

Quote:

Can you point me to the exact FK zip? Sounds like it just needs to be fixed somehow, AK2 zips are supposed to stack and leave existing changes untouched. Does it make any difference if it's flashed in recovery or via FKU?

https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePl...1.2/anyKernel/

Flashing from the update app also undoes magisk. Seems like the AnyKernel zip replaces the kernel with a new one, rather than stack on-top of....

If this can be fixed by fixing the AnyKernel, it be awesome cause I don't mind updating the kernel or magisk via the update app and let the addon.d keep the current versions installed with each ROM update.
26th July 2017, 05:10 AM |#1339  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePl...1.2/anyKernel/

Flashing from the update app also undoes magisk. Seems like the AnyKernel zip replaces the kernel with a new one, rather than stack on-top of....

If this can be fixed by fixing the AnyKernel, it be awesome cause I don't mind updating the kernel or magisk via the update app and let the addon.d keep the current versions installed with each ROM update.

Yeah it's an AK2 issue for sure. Must be something Magisk does with the ramdisk files that mkbootfs is undoing.

Please flash the latest FK zip via recovery over working Magisk root, but rename the zip file first to fk-r51-anykernel2-debugging.zip. After flashing send me the debugging zip it creates in the zip directory.
26th July 2017, 05:53 AM |#1340  

More
Quote:

Yeah it's an AK2 issue for sure. Must be something Magisk does with the ramdisk files that mkbootfs is undoing.

Please flash the latest FK zip via recovery over working Magisk root, but rename the zip file first to fk-r51-anykernel2-debugging.zip. After flashing send me the debugging zip it creates in the zip directory.

Sent via PM.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mkhcb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkhcb Ad-Free
26th July 2017, 10:06 AM |#1341  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Hello @osm0sis,

sorry i know it might be off this thread but i ask if u have any clarification or description.
i have a strange behavior with magisk but i noticed change when installed ur latest update-busybox systemless.
here is issue full details

i flashed new rom:nxteam magma. With magisk 13.3 flashed and without busy box after boot magisk manager log still empty which is my main issue then i flashed "UPDATE.Busybox.Installer.v1.26.2-ALL-signed" after boot manager start log successfully, magisk.log and magisk_last.log created in /cache.
After that i flashed unfied hosts from magisk and reboot then manager stoped logging again. I tried to flash kernel then magisk but same result busybox system or systemless no results also.

Could this info guide anyone to relate any troubleshooting approach. or what is busybox did in cache folder i don't know but for somehow my issue fixed.

any advice.
Regards,
Ahmed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)