FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM] [4.4.4] [May-04] UNOFFICIAL CarbonRom | Fast, Snappy & Stable | Kernel 3.0.16

2,566 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,606
 
By spezi77, Recognized Developer / Contributor on 23rd February 2014, 01:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th June 2017, 02:35 PM |#541  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I've got a new finding. Whenever I do a nandroid backup my phone will boot up normally with the same battery percentage showing as in the recovery, but after a reboot I get stuck again with 0%... wtf?

besides that I freaking love this rom, it's smooth and fast and it looks just awesome. But I also found that I cannot override the volume levels within the profiles, they will always stay in their default values
 
 
26th June 2017, 05:53 PM |#542  
spezi77's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag /home/xda
Thanks Meter: 5,606
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstl

I've got a new finding. Whenever I do a nandroid backup my phone will boot up normally with the same battery percentage showing as in the recovery, but after a reboot I get stuck again with 0%... wtf?

besides that I freaking love this rom, it's smooth and fast and it looks just awesome. But I also found that I cannot override the volume levels within the profiles, they will always stay in their default values

The issue which abruptly results in zero percent battery charge is a very well known issue in this ROM. And I have never been able to locate it's root cause. Please check this thread for workarounds..

Sent from my Google Pixel XL using XDA Labs
26th June 2017, 08:33 PM |#543  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezi77

The issue which abruptly results in zero percent battery charge is a very well known issue in this ROM. And I have never been able to locate it's root cause. Please check this thread for workarounds..

Sent from my Google Pixel XL using XDA Labs

Which workarounds do you know? My current workaround is making a nandroid backup everytime my phone shuts down. After every nandroid this rom works awesomely perfect! It's really just the battery thing which buggs me... Any idea why nandroid solves the issue?

btw. I use v1.1
27th June 2017, 08:56 AM |#544  
spezi77's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag /home/xda
Thanks Meter: 5,606
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstl

Which workarounds do you know? My current workaround is making a nandroid backup everytime my phone shuts down. After every nandroid this rom works awesomely perfect! It's really just the battery thing which buggs me... Any idea why nandroid solves the issue?

btw. I use v1.1

Sorry, my memory is bad..and I no longer use my HTC bravo as daily phone.

But I do remember that this workaround has solved my trouble!
At 100% charge boot to recovery and wipe battery​ stats.

Sent from my Google Pixel XL using XDA Labs
27th June 2017, 10:18 AM |#545  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezi77

Sorry, my memory is bad..and I no longer use my HTC bravo as daily phone.

But I do remember that this workaround has solved my trouble!
At 100% charge boot to recovery and wipe battery​ stats.

Sent from my Google Pixel XL using XDA Labs

And after a reboot you still had valid battery stats? Because for me it seems that the rom keeps forgetting the battery stats after each reboot. Which version number should the modified recovery version show in recovery mode? Maybe I didn't flash it right. Even though in bootloader it shows me the recovery name "_loopback" which should be the one I'm supposed to use right?
27th June 2017, 12:46 PM |#546  
spezi77's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag /home/xda
Thanks Meter: 5,606
 
Donate to Me
More
A way to solve this problem has been figured with help of @worstl
Hooray!
28th June 2017, 12:14 PM |#547  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Ok, solving this issue was easier than expected. Simply do NOT use the Recovery quoted in the instructions, just use the latest 4extTouch recovery version
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1408936

Besides that do everything as explained in the second post.

After flashing ROM and Gapps you will get notified by the recovery that a usb-brick was detected, just dont worry. Press the "fix it" button reboot your phone and let the happiness beginn.

Wiping batterystats when the battery is fully charged (green light if phone is booted, and green light if phone is shut down) is still recommended but I did not encounter the 0% battery issue again.

Thanks spezi77 for you support!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to worstl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift worstl Ad-Free
31st July 2017, 05:14 PM |#548  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hboot Parsing... [sd zip]
Hi all ,I flashed the rom ,everything work well ,but after reboot (one day later) the rom don't boot.
I try boot in recovery but only this (after 10 minutes):

Hboot
Parsing... sd zip]

And i don't know how to solve this issue.
Any help?
Thanks. (sorry for my poor English).

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Hi all ,i think it's all right now.
In Hboot:
At question "Do you want to Update?"
I say "No" (vol down)
"Reboot now?"
I say "No" (vol down)
And the normal Hboot appear with Recovery option.
Now i restored another rom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes