[Q] Adding Touchwiz Framework to AOSP Roms Inquiry

Search This thread

nicholadia

Jul 10, 2011
Petaling Jaya
Hi Guys,

I just want to check if is there a way to flash touchwiz framework to an AOSP ROM for some samsung applications to work? In my SGS2 before, there is a Touchwiz.zip that can be flashed to MIUI ROM to have Touchwiz added to the actual ROM.

Thank you

Chagrim

Oct 15, 2010
Hämeenlinna
I would really like to know that too.. Im really interested to try aosp rom (becouse tablet UI), but I personally doen't like aosp calendar and clock apps..

shubham.12

Oct 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
Open the ROM.zip
go to /system/apps/
insert the TouchWiz.apk in apps folder *MIND IT dont give spaces btween app names as Touch Wiz.apk it will give FC Error alwayz*
no need to remove any other launcher included over there
JUST flash this rom and BINGO.....................

Ive no idea of whether we need to fix permissions on new inserted .apk files :p
Take that risk PLEASE and LEMME noe if u get any errors :)

vijai2011

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 24, 2011
Put the TouchWiz30Launcher.apk in /system/app and other two in /system/framework and reboot and you will have touchwiz...

Important: Donot rename the files....

Attachments

• TouchWiz30Launcher.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,021
  • twframework.jar
    259.4 KB · Views: 3,046
  • twframework-res.apk
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,144
Last edited:

vijai2011

Oct 24, 2011
Hi
1°) Could I use the same files on a GN7100 (GN2) ?
2°) would I be able to use this framework to make the TW keyboard work on ProBAM ROM?

Thanks
Nico

To make it work, you need all tw framework and its not only in those tw-framework-res but in almost all bits. And so it makes it extremely difficult to port and easy task would be to flash a tw based rom. Much easier :p

nicopilami

Sep 14, 2010
To make it work, you need all tw framework and its not only in those tw-framework-res but in almost all bits. And so it makes it extremely difficult to port and easy task would be to flash a tw based rom. Much easier :p

Hi
Thanks for the answer. What I understand is it is not impossible, just maybe not trivial. :mad:
Then I take the challenge, I'm downloading the stock rom right now to extract the same three files from it, and put them into the ProBAM ROM... we'll see :laugh:

vijai2011

Oct 24, 2011
Hi
Thanks for the answer. What I understand is it is not impossible, just maybe not trivial. :mad:
Then I take the challenge, I'm downloading the stock rom right now to extract the same three files from it, and put them into the ProBAM ROM... we'll see :laugh:

It gonna bootloop. So be sure to take a nandroid :cool:

Reactions: jhenu

jhenu

Oct 22, 2013
Shanghai
@vijai2011,
bump.....
Sorry I know its a older post, but need information about porting touch wiz frame work so as I can make splanner.apk to work with nexus 7, moto razr etc. so far its the best calendar app I have come across. After trying all available calendar in google store.
So question to you is from where you copied the attached touch wiz files....

A

AndroidSlave

. Not sure if anyone has had success since.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sylhack

Aug 18, 2014
didn't work at s4mini gti9195

Put the TouchWiz30Launcher.apk in /system/app and other two in /system/framework and reboot and you will have touchwiz...

android version 4.4.2
kernel reserraction remix
didn't work for me tried many times. luncher don't work. please help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi

It gonna bootloop. So be sure to take a nandroid :cool: