Dark Gray Status Bar and Transparent shade

152 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By teenfaces, Senior Member on 24th July 2010, 03:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th July 2010, 05:23 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will this cause any problems if you do a "Hard Reset" ?

24th July 2010, 05:28 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lakeland, Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileJava

Will this cause any problems if you do a "Hard Reset" ?

If you follow the instructions properly you will not have any problems. If you want your phone back to it's stock look, just keep a copy of the original framework-res.apk file. Put the original back on your phone and then reset your phone to factory by using the reset.
24th July 2010, 05:32 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lakeland, Florida

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlankLongBeard

You know, This is by FAR the OTHER best contribution after ROOT! Jesus were you right of that white task bar! Coming from an Evo, nothing and I mean nothing bothered me more than that! LoL.. Thanks, I am gonna make a copy of mine, but, you should post the Original in the OP Like you said later on in the thread, you'll have some asking, How do i do go back again? Thanks Again.

This looks and feels so much better!

Without a safe recovery or sbf, I do not want to mess with the services.jar file to make the clock white. For now this is the safest mod for the statusbar in my opinion. I'm glad you like it
24th July 2010, 05:48 PM |#14  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenfaces

the letter o .........not a zero that looks like this 0

I figured it was zero and got it working. Is it possible to have the battery hexagon meter green instead of the red? Thanks
24th July 2010, 05:50 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
soooo i was doing the code in terminal emulator on the phone annnd after the first line after su of course i made a typo and the phone rebooted automatically and started up. the new status bar was there even though i didn't finish the last two lines and it froze when i tried to unlock it but after a battery pull everything seems to be working fine and i have the new statusbar. should i be worried?
24th July 2010, 05:51 PM |#16  
Flag Atlanta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlankLongBeard

You know, This is by FAR the OTHER best contribution after ROOT! Jesus were you right of that white task bar! Coming from an Evo, nothing and I mean nothing bothered me more than that! LoL.. Thanks, I am gonna make a copy of mine, but, you should post the Original in the OP Like you said later on in the thread, you'll have some asking, How do i do go back again? Thanks Again.

This looks and feels so much better!

I agree it probably would be a good idea to post the original in the first post
24th July 2010, 05:53 PM |#17  
Flag Atlanta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDanVitox

soooo i was doing the code in terminal emulator on the phone annnd after the first line after su of course i made a typo and the phone rebooted automatically and started up. the new status bar was there even though i didn't finish the last two lines and it froze when i tried to unlock it but after a battery pull everything seems to be working fine and i have the new statusbar. should i be worried?

Same happened for me but I dont recall making a typo. It rebooted but did not freeze and I too have have the new status bar. Weird??
24th July 2010, 05:56 PM |#18  

More
yeah i know, i'm just curious if not doing it properly could mess it up in any circumstances.. i can't afford to brick it haha
24th July 2010, 06:00 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lakeland, Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscottjr81

Same happened for me but I dont recall making a typo. It rebooted but did not freeze and I too have have the new status bar. Weird??

It will reboot after you replace the framework-res.apk file automatically on most phones depending on how many mods you have done. Mine does not reboot so I have to type reboot. It should be rebooted after the framework is messed with so do not be alarmed about that. It is very important that you do not make any typos! You will put your phone in a boot loop if you mess this up. So please be very careful when doing this mod....
24th July 2010, 06:03 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lakeland, Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscottjr81

I figured it was zero and got it working. Is it possible to have the battery hexagon meter green instead of the red? Thanks

I will make a green version later tonight. I have photo sessions all day, but when I get back home tonight I will make a few more variations.
24th July 2010, 06:19 PM |#21  

More
blue would be nice too if you were feeling generous
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)