FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[APP][2.2/Win/RPi][v2.0.1] SoundSeeder V2.0 - Multi-Speaker Music Player (August 7th)

201 posts
Thanks Meter: 199

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from jekatt: SoundSeeder V2.0 release! Completely redesigned UI, Material Design, Theme support, ...
12th September 2016, 10:25 AM |#371  
London
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Hi jekatt,

Thank you for an awesome product! I purchased the full version straight away as it is brilliant!

I have a question for you. Is there any intention to provide some kind of API to the program?

I'll explain - I use an old android phone as the central "control" station, which then streams to itself (speakers plugged in) and a PC in the other room via the Java app, oh and an Android TV box in another room.
It would be great if I could remotely manage the "control" phone, e.g. adjust volumes, turn on/off speakers and maybe even browse playlists/internet radio, etc.

Anyway, thanks again for a great app and sorry if you've been asked this before.

Cheers!

15th September 2016, 04:43 PM |#372  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeliemonster

Hi jekatt,

Thank you for an awesome product! I purchased the full version straight away as it is brilliant!

I have a question for you. Is there any intention to provide some kind of API to the program?

I'll explain - I use an old android phone as the central "control" station, which then streams to itself (speakers plugged in) and a PC in the other room via the Java app, oh and an Android TV box in another room.
It would be great if I could remotely manage the "control" phone, e.g. adjust volumes, turn on/off speakers and maybe even browse playlists/internet radio, etc.

Anyway, thanks again for a great app and sorry if you've been asked this before.

Cheers!

Hi.
I've already started designing a "REST" api to remotecontrol the player.
With such an api it will be possible to send http requests to control the main settings of the player.

This api will not be available in the next release, but its part of my roadmap.
The Following User Says Thank You to jekatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekatt Ad-Free
10th October 2016, 01:21 PM |#373  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Excellent feature. Thank you.
10th November 2016, 02:01 PM |#374  

More
Amazing app
Hello, very nice app.

I'm currently using free version, and wondering did that version has any difference from paid one except number of speaker connected at same time, time limits and ads?
26th December 2016, 05:39 PM |#375  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I just stumbled upon this app while doing some research into a planned diy project.

I want to convert two passive speakers into wireless active ones and then be able to stream music to them from Android Devices as well as Linux/Windows Machines.

Now the Android Part is straightforward with your app. Just integrate a raspberry pi or old android phone into both speakers and run the app or java receiver on them, start the app on the streaming Phone and stream away.

Now to the Linux/Windows Part:
Is there any way to directly stream from a Linux/Windows machine to an android phone or raspberry? The Java Application seems to be a receiver only, and the only way i found on your website is running a separate HTTP/DLNA Stream on the Windows/Linux Machine and start playback of this stream on an Android Device. If at all possible i would like to be able to cut the Android Device completely out of the mix if desired.
Would running your app via an Android Emulator be possible?
12th May 2017, 05:19 PM |#376  
Thanks Meter: 2,523

More
i've found this app very nice and a good project! only issue i've encountered is the firewall setup but was quickly solved once i've found the port used from the jar.
i've used this comand to see all port used and service name related:
sudo netstat -lptu
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot at 2017-05-12 17-14-47.png
Views:	1420
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	4147303
then i could configure the firewall adding rule to allow incoming

Name:	Screenshot at 2017-05-12 17-18-33.png
Views:	1424
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	4147311
that's it.. now i can connect without any problem.

thanks again nice project
The Following User Says Thank You to Wuby986 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wuby986 Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 10:46 PM |#377  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dortmund

More
SoundSeeder Music Player V2.0 release
Hello XDA community!

After more than a year of silent work I'm finally back and ready to release a new version of the SoundSeeder Music Player!

Soundseeder was completely redesigned and rebuilt from scratch.
You can get the new version on Google Play and its also attached to this thread.

Here are some screenshots of the new UI:

music sources Material Design
Day Night Themes 25000 Radio Stations included
Speaker Management Volume Control

And the changelog:
- Completely new user interface
- Heavily improved usability
- Material Design
- Day and Night Themes
- Improved connectivity and stability
- Android Wear support
- Improved DLNA browser
- Updated speaker apps for Java and Android 2.x
And much much more...

What do you think?

cheers
Jens
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to jekatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekatt Ad-Free
4th August 2017, 10:20 AM |#378  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
SoundSeeder V2
Hello Jens.
Thanks you so much for your work! This app is so unique and truly underrated!
You've done a great job, I love the new Material Design UI.

Thats one of these projects, that make XDA so special for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekatt

Hello XDA community!

After more than a year of silent work I'm finally back and ready to release a new version of the SoundSeeder Music Player!

Soundseeder was completely redesigned and rebuilt from scratch.
You can get the new version on Google Play and its also attached to this thread.

Here are some screenshots of the new UI:

music sources
Material Design

Day Night Themes
25000 Radio Stations included

Speaker Management
Volume Control

And the changelog:
- Completely new user interface
- Heavily improved usability
- Material Design
- Day and Night Themes
- Improved connectivity and stability
- Android Wear support
- Improved DLNA browser
- Updated speaker apps for Java and Android 2.x
And much much more...

What do you think?

cheers
Jens

The Following User Says Thank You to MrBorneo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrBorneo Ad-Free
4th August 2017, 04:16 PM |#379  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hey. I'm using soundseeder with my girlfriend when we go jogging in the park, to listen to the same playlist.
Is there any chance to make my google music playlist available for offline playback with soundseeder?
5th August 2017, 12:17 AM |#380  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 3,027

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys, just stumbled uppon that article about your app and instantly had to give it a try, however, i instantly had to give up for now, because i. Could not access my music located on external sd card behind a .nomedia. file which is there to keep the album art out of my gallery. Atm i use mortplayer, which despite being outdated, still is the best folderbased musicplayer out there.

Do you guys think you could once implement an "ignore .nomedia", or a "default music path" option?
5th August 2017, 01:57 AM |#381  

More
Hello, this app is quite good! However,when I try to play the kpcc radio on the internet, I came with a problem. I paste the URL correctly and press enter, then the app crashed . Can you figure out the problem and fix It ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2017-08-05-07-55-04-752_com.kattwinkel.android.soundseeder.player.png
Views:	1218
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	4232752  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
group play, music player, share, stream, wireless speaker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)