13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By zerot, Junior Member on 23rd July 2010, 09:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th July 2010, 02:34 PM |#11  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 3

More
why dont you reroot ur phones like i told you?
24th July 2010, 03:53 PM |#12  

More
This freezing and rebooting problem is weird - it doesn't make sense a lot of the time.

I've developed a ROM based on AOSP 2.2 for the G1 and it also seemingly randomly freezes or reboots.

When it reboots it's usually the result of an ARM9 crash and so far I have tracked it down to a call to a proprietary library function which doesn't return to the correct return address. It seemingly returns to a random address and the consequences of doing so is random. Sometimes it causes a freeze or a reboot and other times it doesn't.

I'm starting to suspect something in the JNI code is causing the problem but it's difficult to track it down.
24th July 2010, 05:46 PM |#13  
Flag Princeton, Texas

More
FroYo SP French Connection is overclocked to 614 by default. My Mytouch (32B) reboots and freezes constantly if i don't turn it down to 576. Try turning the overclock down in set cpu to 528 first then if its stable you can try turning it up a little.
24th July 2010, 06:12 PM |#14  

More
Urgh, I hadn't considered clock speed as a potential problem.

What if some of our phones are unstable at the default Froyo maximum of 528 MHz?
24th July 2010, 07:06 PM |#15  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I am (was) in the same situation (Magic 32B). It started with CM6 RC1 first and after it, my nandroid backups got weird too! I always wiped everything and rebooted by myself several times. I never played with overclocking, compcache or ext partition - but after trying other FROYO ROMs as well, even a clean install of CM5.0.8 final was unstable got fc's and rebooted...

So, after one year of trying nearly every ROM out there, i finally made a decision: i went back to my stock rooted 1.5 cupcake!! Yes, 1.5! I never tried this ROM before - even in my first days i immediately switched to sense...
And what should i say? I'm blown away by the speed and stability of this ROM! Unbelievable! ... sad day ... really sad ....

And my decision after that: i will wait for an official FROYO for Magic, which was at least officially announced...

sad, sad, sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alutastisch

why dont you reroot ur phones like i told you?

Well, i think - like my approach - rerooting will not bug down the fault in FROYO ROMs. I hope it will be sorted out, but for me the daily flashing is over for now. I really appreciate the hard work of all the devs and i also donated to some, but at the end of the day i just want my phone and don't want to wait for going to homescreen or missing a call because of the lags...

sad, sad, sad...
24th July 2010, 07:59 PM |#16  
Flag Princeton, Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akivlin

Urgh, I hadn't considered clock speed as a potential problem.

What if some of our phones are unstable at the default Froyo maximum of 528 MHz?

Well, I think default for stock unrooted phones is like three hundred something you could try that but it would be really slow.
24th July 2010, 08:45 PM |#17  

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudl

I am (was) in the same situation (Magic 32B). It started with CM6 RC1 first and after it, my nandroid backups got weird too! I always wiped everything and rebooted by myself several times. I never played with overclocking, compcache or ext partition - but after trying other FROYO ROMs as well, even a clean install of CM5.0.8 final was unstable got fc's and rebooted...

So, after one year of trying nearly every ROM out there, i finally made a decision: i went back to my stock rooted 1.5 cupcake!! Yes, 1.5! I never tried this ROM before - even in my first days i immediately switched to sense...
And what should i say? I'm blown away by the speed and stability of this ROM! Unbelievable! ... sad day ... really sad ....

And my decision after that: i will wait for an official FROYO for Magic, which was at least officially announced...

sad, sad, sad...

Well, i think - like my approach - rerooting will not bug down the fault in FROYO ROMs. I hope it will be sorted out, but for me the daily flashing is over for now. I really appreciate the hard work of all the devs and i also donated to some, but at the end of the day i just want my phone and don't want to wait for going to homescreen or missing a call because of the lags...

sad, sad, sad...

I totally agree. I know waiting for the official Froyo for the Magic may take years before it's finally released, but I'm tired of flashing and testing new roms every day without getting the results I want. As a result of this frustration, I will go back to Donut 1.6 for now and wait for the official update. Hopefully 5.1 won't be out before we finally get the update
24th July 2010, 09:02 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Gonz

Well, I think default for stock unrooted phones is like three hundred something you could try that but it would be really slow.

Yes, I will find out the maximum Donut clock speed and test at that speed.
25th July 2010, 12:38 AM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Gonz

I modified the kernel to allow only the following frequencies:
Quote:

09-12 01:41:12.579 D/setcpu ( 281): Autodetecting Frequencies
09-12 01:41:12.599 D/setcpu ( 281): Frequencies autodetected: 122880 128000 245760

Unfortunately the phone still rebooted due to an ARM9 crash.
25th July 2010, 03:57 AM |#20  

More
I've attached a small CM6 RC1 update as a test fix for the ARM9 crashing.

Anyone experiencing random freezing or reboots should give it a try by copying it to your SD card and boot to recovery to flash it.

If you install the test fix but still experience random reboots I'd appreciate if you could upload a copy of /proc/last_kmsg to http://android.pastebin.com and post the link to it in here. A logcat up to the point of the reboot would be very helpful too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cm6rc1_fixarm9crashtest-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (222.8 KB, 97 views)
25th July 2010, 10:47 PM |#21  

More
Works for 32A also
Thanks!

Solved the problem where phone would reboot after turning on wifi or cell data.

-
lars
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)