One of the BEST Android Browsers: Habit Browser

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 4th May 2013, 05:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th July 2017, 03:41 PM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi, i try it, and is so great.. I have only a problem, but is a big one. I can't download anything, any file. It says download failed. Googling it I see that is a writting SD card problem. The thing is I have mi SD card formatted as internal mode (Android 7.1.0) and the phone takes everything the space as SD, then the browser not download anything.. Any fix, solution, mod, something? Is, far, the better explorer i try, and i wanna use it.. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Morten Anakin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Morten Anakin Ad-Free
7th July 2017, 05:13 PM |#412  
Flag New Orleans, LA.
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Hey guys try Yuzu browser. Thank me later.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imakul8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imakul8 Ad-Free
12th July 2017, 03:34 AM |#413  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
nice browser. Thanks for your sharing.
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonTruax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GordonTruax Ad-Free
9th August 2017, 05:01 PM |#414  
Flag Tainan
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imakulate

Hey guys try Yuzu browser. Thank me later.

Man...I've been waiting for Habit Browser to adapt modern API for years and then I saw your comment!

This is basically the overall improved version of Habit browser and it kinda makes me think...is this dev the original of HB but just new account or he got the code from HB?

Nevermind, I'm happy now I have the best browser on any mobile platform!

The only thing I think HB still does better is url bar and ring style quick control, maybe I should write a mail to him
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shasen1235 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shasen1235 Ad-Free
28th September 2017, 06:07 PM |#415  
Is there a way to launch hb and direct it to go to a specific tab that is already open (even if it is not the currently focused tab)? Using an intent perhaps?
11th October 2017, 07:18 AM |#416  
Flag Kingston, ON
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten Anakin

Hi, i try it, and is so great.. I have only a problem, but is a big one. I can't download anything, any file. It says download failed. Googling it I see that is a writting SD card problem. The thing is I have mi SD card formatted as internal mode (Android 7.1.0) and the phone takes everything the space as SD, then the browser not download anything.. Any fix, solution, mod, something? Is, far, the better explorer i try, and i wanna use it.. Thanks!

Hi. I'm in the same boat. Can anyone provide an answer to this problem? I'm reading that it's an Android 7 issue but I've also read that it's working fine for some people using Nougat. Is there a fix? I just found this incredible browser. I looked forever for a customizable browser like this and it's even more than I'd hoped for. I agree, it's just this one problem but yeah, it's a big one! Can anyone offer some insight? I've added a third party download manager but it's a bit like putting a bandaid on a broken arm. There are limitations and I end up frustrated and going back to Firefox. If anyone can help, you'll have my eternal gratitude!
Thanks to all.
11th October 2017, 10:30 AM |#417  
Flag Kingston, ON

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten Anakin

I just responded to your post a few hours ago. I was in the same boat. No downloads were working. I *may* have found a solution. Upon researching the problem I realized about half of the people using it on Nougat were puzzled as to why the rest of us were having any issues at all. I've been looking in to this until my head hurt, lol. Just as I was ready to throw my phone at a wall I went back to read some comments left at the Play Store hoping someone there could offer some info. When I searched Habit Browser, two results came up. The one I'm using and a classic version that appears to be very similar (I assume an earlier version) called "Habit Browser Classic". I downloaded it in hopes of finding some info in the settings to potentially find another avenue to pursue along the lines of storage and downloads. To my surprise, the classic version downloads FINE! I don't know if I'd call this a fix but I believe most, if not all of the customizations are in the classic version as well. I hope this helps those of you who were stuck on this problem with no hope of a solution. It's a compromise but I believe it might just be the answer.
Let me know if it works for you!
Best of luck
13th October 2017, 12:13 AM |#418  
Flag Zlín

Donate to Me
More
I'll look at it sometime.
16th October 2017, 07:29 AM |#419  
Flag Kingston, ON

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brancore

I'll look at it sometime.

Thanks, that would be great.
31st October 2017, 07:22 PM |#420  

More
I am glad that this thread seems to be still working.

I installed habit browser recently. Although it is not elegant, it has lots of great features.

The problem is: I do NOT know how to use them.

Take blacklist definition as an example, I add links but they never get blocked. They just keep opening again, the same URLs.
The home page is another story. Whatever site I add to it, It will just never open. Always opens a blank page.

Any help? Please, and thank you.
31st October 2017, 08:38 PM |#421  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
The Blacklist is for the adblock function and doesnʼt block web pages.

The home page is working fine for me on Android 4.3.
If you have a brand new device (Android 5 or higher), Habit browser may be incompatible with it.

You could try Yuzu Browser. Itʼs very similar and developed for newer devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tore Karlsen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tore Karlsen Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)