FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Guide..OTG USB HOST and CHARGING at same time for Galaxy tabs..

190 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By MRBR7, Senior Member on 31st May 2013, 12:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2013, 07:22 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreidreizehn.de

We're working on this. Hope we will have it in stock at the end of September.

Hi

Do you have any news for that?

28th October 2013, 12:49 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
You could try this: ebay:161048729496
29th October 2013, 10:50 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopi18

You could try this: ebay:161048729496

It's not the same. The e-bay item only offers (supplemental) power to a USB device connected to the tab (a hungry HDD for example).
This can be simply solved by a powered USB HUB.
The device from LAVA does CHARGE the TAB while using it.
The problem is you cannot usually use the tab (with a USB device attached) and simultaneously CHARGE it.
15th February 2014, 07:23 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will the Lava adapter work with Galaxy Note 10.1 with an identical 30 pin connector?
6th May 2014, 10:24 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Should work the GT2 Note 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxx7

It's not the same. The e-bay item only offers (supplemental) power to a USB device connected to the tab (a hungry HDD for example).
This can be simply solved by a powered USB HUB.
The device from LAVA does CHARGE the TAB while using it.
The problem is you cannot usually use the tab (with a USB device attached) and simultaneously CHARGE it.

It should work with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Note. There is a video on YouTube showing it working with the Verizon LTE Note 10.1. Search for "galaxy tab usb adapter host charge". It is one of the videos from LAVA.
26th May 2014, 10:17 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It doesn't work with mine, Galaxy Note 10.1

I've got this Lava adapter, but unfortunately it doesn't charge the tablet while using it. Even if I use an usb hub or the adapter directly.

But the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is charging well while using it...

sent from htc one...
10th February 2015, 08:54 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
It seems Kineteka (manufacturer of the breakout board seen in the guide) no longer exists. Does anyone have an idea where something similar might be found?
11th June 2015, 05:37 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
I've got an galaxy Note 10.1 2014 too,and order the lava tl-002 adapter now. It should work, i got a p605,the lte version. I think,the problem is,the p600 (without lte) have a complete different hardware (exynos),i got one before,and some adapters for usb works complete different. In two days,the adapter will arrive and i will report,

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
20th April 2016, 10:56 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i have installed Samsung Tab2 GT-P3100 in my car,did everything as in diagram for charge and host,but was getting red cross very often,tried one thing and it works for a day already,just connected positive 5v power for host usb socket from main power feed,from 7/8 pin,just left 6 pin not connected,so USB is getting positive lead from main power,not tablet
10th August 2017, 03:22 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great job! I use ready product (TL-002) from Lavalink for connecting my gamepad with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S. It provides OTG/Host Charge for Samsung Tabs. Meaning, you can simultaneously charge and use USB peripherals at the same time. As much as I can see from their specs, there are few elements to consider. Not every Tab supports this functionality (kernel issue), plus, there are 2 components (hardware + 5pin cable) to make a data & charging possible. Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)