Can't Login To Snapchat After Rooted

Search This thread

marvouone

May 4, 2017
So, I rooted my Zenfone 2 with LineageOs Android 7.1. I could login to Snapchat, it was all cool even though my phone got slower. Then I installed a 3rd party Snapchat app, ''Casper.io'' and logged in to that with my Snapchat ID and password which got me logged out on the official Snapchat app. I uninstalled the 3rd party app, did whatever Snapchat told me to, I reinstalled the official app too. I couldn't login, it's failed. Then I tried to login to my account in a different device. It was successfull. And I don't know what to do now. Read some posts about Xposed Framework etc. There's no Xposed Framework for Android 7. Anybody can help please? It'll be much appreciated.

Thank you.

carlylemiii

Dec 28, 2012
You need to temporarily disable root to log in to Snapchat. Once you're logged in you're OK.

Jamie_oppo

Sep 21, 2016
Sydney
Use titanium backup to backup once ur into snapchat and u can restore the backup without logging in, even if you dont pass the safety net.

addas4

Nov 27, 2013
Dubai
Snapchat has implemented SafetyNet to its app, which need a special root to access Snapchat, so to access Snapchat:
**WARNING** Your warranty is now void when rooting your phone/tablet! Backup your everything using TWRP cause I am not responsible for anything wrong happens to your device!

* Download your device stock/custom boot.img (kernel) without SuperSU mod and download UnSU.zip from the amazing @osm0sis

* Flash UnSu.zip and Flash stock boot.img in TWRP

* Flash Magisk

* Uninstall Xposed Temporary and Login to Snapchat and install Xposed again OR use Root Switch APK from amazing Corner23 to turn off Xposed with a soft reboot and enable it again with another soft reboot (You Shouldn't use Systemless Xposed, you should use the official one from amazing @rovo89 or the custom one for samsung devices from the amazing @wanam) [Note for Geeks: Wanam Custom Xposed can work on all devices whether Odexed or DeOdexed while Rovo's Official Xposed can work only on AOSP DeOdexed ROMs.]

* To know if you can login to Snapchat, download any SafetyNet Checker from Play Store and you should pass SafetyNet if everything was done correctly else you might have some residual files that detect that you used root before so you might need to start from beginning with stock ROM.

Hope it helps!

Reactions: osm0sis

LexignisOfficial

Oct 2, 2016
Method A

1. Unroot
2. Reinstall Snapchat
3. Login

Method B

1. Grab another rooted device
2. Install Titanium Backup on said device
3. Install Snapchat and login, on said device
4. Use either a MicroSD card or upload a zip file of your 'TitaniumBackup' folder
5. Put folder in root of internal SD card on rooted device
6. Restore backup
7. Launch and enjoy

I actually keep a copy of that zip file both on my computer and my Dropbox. Useful for any future phone and/or tablet!

rulezzy

Jun 11, 2017
Method A

1. Unroot
2. Reinstall Snapchat
3. Login

Method B

4. Use either a MicroSD card or upload a zip file of your 'TitaniumBackup' folder
6. Restore backup
7. Launch and enjoy

I actually keep a copy of that zip file both on my computer and my Dropbox. Useful for any future phone and/or tablet!
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! life saver, thank you! :D

LukeyWolf

Aug 9, 2015
Somewhere
Use Magisk root and enable Magisk hide to Snapchat, it should work, works for my sister on here Galaxy S5 (klte)

If coming from SuperSU you'll have to fully unroot before installing MagiskSU

LexignisOfficial

Oct 2, 2016
Use Magisk root and enable Magisk hide to Snapchat, it should work, works for my sister on here Galaxy S5 (klte)

If coming from SuperSU you'll have to fully unroot before installing MagiskSU

This is more-or-less time sensitive, Magisk always has to stay updated to bypass Safetynet checks, and Safetynet has to update to bypass Magisk, my method is a lot more usable, and with the Uninstall feature from both Magisk, and with the Uninstall zip for your respected xposed variation, this method should always work, at least until they can start sensing more things like history, and file differences in the system between OTAs.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! life saver, thank you! :D

Glad to see I could help, I like offering straightforward instructions because I always look for 'em, have fun with your rooted device!

gsm0607455890

Mar 27, 2007
Lyon
nothing works anymore for me
it looks like root switch is not doing its job anymore

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

nothing works anymore for me
it looks like root switch is not doing its job anymore

gsm0607455890

Mar 27, 2007
Lyon
No one works for me. Otherwise I would not have posted. It worked before yesterday now it does not work anymore with any options

Mavidica

Mar 30, 2018
Hi all, none of this is needed. I found it really easy on my Galaxy S4 running the latest Lineage ROM. This looks like a lot of steps, but they're all very simple. and minimal risk.
1. Delete Snapchat.
2. By all means make a full backup just in case.
3. Disable root access in Developer options.
4. Boot to Recovery & wipe Cache & Dalvik cache, but NOT data or system (I use TWRP)
5. Re-flash the current or latest version of your ROM
6. Re-boot - everything will still be there just as it was before.
7. Install Snapchat and log in - you should now have no problem.
7. Restore Root access (if you need it)
Done.

Curiousn00b

Hi all, none of this is needed. I found it really easy on my Galaxy S4 running the latest Lineage ROM. This looks like a lot of steps, but they're all very simple. and minimal risk.
1. Delete Snapchat.
2. By all means make a full backup just in case.
3. Disable root access in Developer options.
4. Boot to Recovery & wipe Cache & Dalvik cache, but NOT data or system (I use TWRP)
5. Re-flash the current or latest version of your ROM
6. Re-boot - everything will still be there just as it was before.
7. Install Snapchat and log in - you should now have no problem.
7. Restore Root access (if you need it)
Done.
Instead of dirty flashing your rom, you can just uninstall root or Xposed, login, and reroot/install Xposed. What you're doing takes up far more time. :p

Mavidica

Mar 30, 2018
Actually, you can't do either of those things on a Galaxy S4 running the latest Lineage ROM (or at least I can't). I found this simple, without needing to be a serious android geek, and it worked straight up

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Method A

1. Unroot
    2. Reinstall Snapchat
    3. Login

Method B

6. Restore backup
    7. Launch and enjoy

Snapchat has implemented SafetyNet to its app, which need a special root to access Snapchat, so to access Snapchat:
    **WARNING** Your warranty is now void when rooting your phone/tablet! Backup your everything using TWRP cause I am not responsible for anything wrong happens to your device!

* Download your device stock/custom boot.img (kernel) without SuperSU mod and download UnSU.zip from the amazing @osm0sis

* Flash UnSu.zip and Flash stock boot.img in TWRP

* Flash Magisk

* Uninstall Xposed Temporary and Login to Snapchat and install Xposed again OR use Root Switch APK from amazing Corner23 to turn off Xposed with a soft reboot and enable it again with another soft reboot (You Shouldn't use Systemless Xposed, you should use the official one from amazing @rovo89 or the custom one for samsung devices from the amazing @wanam) [Note for Geeks: Wanam Custom Xposed can work on all devices whether Odexed or DeOdexed while Rovo's Official Xposed can work only on AOSP DeOdexed ROMs.]

* To know if you can login to Snapchat, download any SafetyNet Checker from Play Store and you should pass SafetyNet if everything was done correctly else you might have some residual files that detect that you used root before so you might need to start from beginning with stock ROM.

Hope it helps!
    Same !! did u resolve the issue?

Login with no root no xposed and make a backup of data with titanium backup
    Now you can restore the data and login (with the backup) on all rooted device you want :good: