Car install discussion thread

803 posts
Thanks Meter: 80

By flyboy1100, Senior Member on 16th May 2014, 11:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st May 2017, 01:01 PM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
"I wasn't able to install Timur's v4.0 final. Went ahead and installed EX 5.16 and OTG plus charging works and is hot pluggable. It seems that charging is only limited to 500mV. Is this the case with Timur's as well using OTG?"

Hello, I have the same issue. Maybe someone will help us

4th June 2017, 11:35 PM |#412  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I do believe I had the correct camera settings. I pulled the setup out of the car and spliced in a 5V power unit directly to the camera and still have just a black video. If I try any other resolution than 720x480, it gets the error 'failed to init video input...". When set to the correct settings (NTSC, 720x480, easycap, etc) there is no error, but just the black screen. Is this enough to tell if the easycap device or the camera might be the issue? Or is there a way for me to narrow down the problem?
Thanks!
24th July 2017, 10:35 PM |#413  

More
Hello guys. Will anyone suggest a rom with best and loudest music sound trough aux and bluetooth? tried quite a few but no satisfactory result. using poweramp with no other mods and stuff like that. thanks
26th July 2017, 02:38 PM |#414  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylanezu

"I wasn't able to install Timur's v4.0 final. Went ahead and installed EX 5.16 and OTG plus charging works and is hot pluggable. It seems that charging is only limited to 500mV. Is this the case with Timur's as well using OTG?"

no charging is not limited to 500 mv with timurs rom

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylanezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comprox

I do believe I had the correct camera settings. I pulled the setup out of the car and spliced in a 5V power unit directly to the camera and still have just a black video. If I try any other resolution than 720x480, it gets the error 'failed to init video input...". When set to the correct settings (NTSC, 720x480, easycap, etc) there is no error, but just the black screen. Is this enough to tell if the easycap device or the camera might be the issue? Or is there a way for me to narrow down the problem?
Thanks!

use easycap viewer mate from playstore
I gave up with vcam with 3 easycap devices, always get failed to init, the only time I ever got vcam to work was with a usb webamera or my usb android headunit dashcam
instantly worked with those, but could not be bothered with the modifications needed to get any usb webcamera mounted in my tailgate
cheap proper camera for my motor and easycap devices where bought from aliexpress
easycap and vcam aged me 5 years in the 3 weeks I was trying to get it to work lol
£2.59 or so from the playstore for easycap viewer is well worth the money
5th August 2017, 08:54 PM |#415  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moiloon

no charging is not limited to 500 mv with timurs rom

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

use easycap viewer mate from playstore
I gave up with vcam with 3 easycap devices, always get failed to init, the only time I ever got vcam to work was with a usb webamera or my usb android headunit dashcam
instantly worked with those, but could not be bothered with the modifications needed to get any usb webcamera mounted in my tailgate
cheap proper camera for my motor and easycap devices where bought from aliexpress
easycap and vcam aged me 5 years in the 3 weeks I was trying to get it to work lol
£2.59 or so from the playstore for easycap viewer is well worth the money

Sadly that didn't work for me. The pay app just crashes when I connect the camera. I tried every different variant of settings that I could find. I tried 2 different easycap devices and 2 different cameras as well. I tried many free camera apps but they all just said disconnected. I was able to see the device in the USB list in Timurs area. Unless someone has a magical idea, I think I'm giving up on this one. Too much money and time spent.
12th August 2017, 05:54 AM |#416  

More
So, for a not-so-tech person, who wants a nexus 7 2013 in his car to run BtSsm via a Tactrix open port 2.0 and Tactrix OBD2 extension cable, a reversing camera, Google maps for navigation ( downloaded area maps as not running a sim card or tethering to phone ), and maybe some music from the Nexus through the car stereo ( Macintosh ) would you recommend Timor's kernel or Tasker? or something else?

So far I've got a Behringer UCA222 USB DAC, a USB OTG Y cable, a 12v to 5v 3A 15W power supply. Waiting for Tactrix bits. Rooted my Nexus 7 today, so now it's ROM time, but which one??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)