FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

4,590 posts
Thanks Meter: 22,056

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2017, 12:40 PM |#20821  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas25

I cannot edit root file. I on Nougat... is it normal? thanks

More details are needed if you want help...

Gesendet von meinem Moto G 2014 LTE mit Tapatalk

13th August 2017, 01:34 PM |#20822  
Thanks Meter: 313

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alishahdew

any way to show file size and folder size in listing . plz let me know i am not technically expert . plz

Welcome. Open the FAQ thread and search for "Recursive data".
13th August 2017, 03:13 PM |#20823  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicVI

More details are needed if you want help...

thanks. I posted more detail in previous post. here it is. the log: https://hastebin.com/dayineduxu
I am running 7.1.1, ViperU Rom 1.6 with Magisk Su
14th August 2017, 10:07 AM |#20824  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'd like confirm that file copying / deleting operations are too slow on my device. I tried to copy a 3.xx MB (about 4MB) folder from /data that I created (containing various files but not too many) to my external sd card and it's taking about 30 seconds to complete. The same happens when I try to delete the folder from the external storage. The same file copying operation is instantaneous with ES (a very old version) and rsync via the command line. I am on Oppo Find 7 running Lineage 14.1. I hope this can be resolved with this awesome file manager. MiXplorer version is 6.18.5.

I hope this can be investigated.
The Following User Says Thank You to marco-v For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marco-v Ad-Free
14th August 2017, 01:10 PM |#20825  
Thanks Meter: 951

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco-v

I'd like confirm that file copying / deleting operations are too slow on my device. I tried to copy a 3.xx MB (about 4MB) folder from /data that I created (containing various files but not too many) to my external sd card and it's taking about 30 seconds to complete. The same happens when I try to delete the folder from the external storage. The same file copying operation is instantaneous with ES (a very old version) and rsync via the command line. I am on Oppo Find 7 running Lineage 14.1. I hope this can be resolved with this awesome file manager. MiXplorer version is 6.18.5.

I can confirm that copying a mixed folder from root/ internal to SD or back is a bit slow. Deleting goes instantly here. Moto G titan Aosp Extended ROM 7.1.2.

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using XDA Labs
14th August 2017, 04:38 PM |#20826  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco-v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

I can confirm that copying a mixed folder from root/ internal to SD or back is a bit slow. Deleting goes instantly here. Moto G titan Aosp Extended ROM 7.1.2.

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using XDA Labs

It might be useful to provide logs for @HootanParsa in order to check if it's related to e.g. cp or similar or else to some function he wrote.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gothicVI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gothicVI Ad-Free
14th August 2017, 06:51 PM |#20827  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to phongle2017 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phongle2017 Ad-Free
15th August 2017, 03:08 PM |#20828  
日本
Thanks Meter: 2,587

More
Found a problem with Regex renaming.

If the filename includes "[" or "]" in it, it won't work. For instance I was trying to rename a couple hundred files named :

[author]_work_page000.jpg,
[author]_work_page001.jpg,
etc.

... Into someting different, and it was impossible. Until I realized it was the "[ ]", because I've had a similar problem doing the same in Linux before.

The old Batch Renamer for Android could do it though.

Edit : I realize it is because of the way Regex expressions work, but I wonder if there is a workaround... Wonder how Batch Renamer did it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
15th August 2017, 03:39 PM |#20829  
Thanks Meter: 313

More
@Ultramanoid in regular expressions you need to escape these chars, what is the regex you are using?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Zé Alguém For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sr. Zé Alguém Ad-Free
15th August 2017, 03:53 PM |#20830  
OP Recognized Developer

More
A new build is uploaded.
My phone just bricked and it seems that it can't be unbricked. Now I'm on Gingerbread (old phone) and fixed some bugs for Gingerbread.

MiX v6.18.6 B1708151

LOG How to report a bug
FAQ MiXplorer Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)
By IronTechmonkey
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2017, 04:14 PM |#20831  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

Found a problem with Regex renaming.

If the filename includes "[" or "]" in it, it won't work. For instance I was trying to rename a couple hundred files named :

[author]_work_page000.jpg,
[author]_work_page001.jpg,
etc.

... Into someting different, and it was impossible. Until I realized it was the "[ ]", because I've had a similar problem doing the same in Linux before.

The old Batch Renamer for Android could do it though.

Edit : I realize it is because of the way Regex expressions work, but I wonder if there is a workaround... Wonder how Batch Renamer did it.

Add a backslash before these characters [\^$.|?*+(){} to escape them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, encfs, epub, mix, mixplorer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)