[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][CLOSED] Resurrection Remix for S5 LTE+ (G901F) / LTE-A (G906S/K/L)

Does the 20191023 test release improve app launch?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

bud7dha

Feb 8, 2015
Think of LOS as vanilla (like AOSP, stock android) and RR as vanilla plus all of the toppings and extras. RR is based mostly off of LOS but supports substratum and a lot of other features. For the g901f/g906, LOS is more stable due to the issues with Magisk on RR (i.e., many users experiencing bootloops when updating to Magisk 13.x). Plus, there are weekly updates to LOS. RR's latest offering is from July 12th.

If you're a power user that likes lots of customization, RR is probably more suited to your needs. If you want a more stable daily driver with straightforward root capabilities, then LOS may be the better (and safer) choice - IMHO.

Reactions: phamanhvu01
Aug 10, 2017
Think of LOS as vanilla (like AOSP, stock android) and RR as vanilla plus all of the toppings and extras. RR is based mostly off of LOS but supports substratum and a lot of other features. For the g901f/g906, LOS is more stable due to the issues with Magisk on RR (i.e., many users experiencing bootloops when updating to Magisk 13.x). Plus, there are weekly updates to LOS. RR's latest offering is from July 12th.

If you're a power user that likes lots of customization, RR is probably more suited to your needs. If you want a more stable daily driver with straightforward root capabilities, then LOS may be the better (and safer) choice - IMHO.

Thanks. Just a question here, before flashing my rom I had my phone rooted with Supersu, now did Magisk replace it and un-root it!?!? Because in the Magisk status menu/root checker it says I'm not rooted. And it shows "CTS profile mismatch", don't get how flashing the rom actually unrooted my phone, thought it was suppose to root it lol..

Can I flash CF auto root with Supersu again? Will it affect my current rom?

Last edited:

bud7dha

Feb 8, 2015
Thanks. Just a question here, before flashing my rom I had my phone rooted with Supersu, now did Magisk replace it and un-root it!?!? Because in the Magisk status menu/root checker it says I'm not rooted. And it shows "CTS profile mismatch", don't get how flashing the rom actually unrooted my phone, thought it was suppose to root it lol..

Can I flash CF auto root with Supersu again? Will it affect my current rom?
Never use SuperSU with Magisk or you'll risk soft bricking your phone. AFAIK Magisk is baked into RR, but you can remove it using the uninstaller: http://tiny.cc/latestuninstaller. For any questions about how to troubleshoot Magisk, you should head over to its sub-forum and read up on it: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk.

Re: SuperSU, you only need to flash the latest zip in TWRP: https://download.chainfire.eu/1122/SuperSU/SR3-SuperSU-v2.82-SR3-20170813133244.zip?retrieve_file=1. But, be sure that your rom is Magisk free before flashing SuperSU. Either that or do a fresh install of LOS instead. Then, flash the SuperSU zip to root your phone. Good luck.

cvxda

Dec 31, 2010
Nürnberg
Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 20170817

New release for kccat6 and lentislte uploaded.

News:
  • Update to Resurrection Remix 5.8.4.
  • Update to Android patchlevel 2017-08-05.
  • Behaviour of hardware key backlight changed (not the final version, though, some patches still under review)
  • Magisk is still on version 12.0 for obvious reasons.

Have fun,
Corinna

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017
Does anyone know what dialer comes with this rom? Is this the pixel dialer from Google? Or the Phone, also from Google or even the Marshmallow Dialer - Android 6? And can I put another dialer as my system app default?? It won't f*ck up the launcher?

sanj00k

Mar 23, 2017
Does anyone know what dialer comes with this rom? Is this the pixel dialer from Google? Or the Phone, also from Google or even the Marshmallow Dialer - Android 6? And can I put another dialer as my system app default?? It won't f*ck up the launcher?
idk how this phone app called, but yes, you can change it without any problems, just go to apps and find there a setting for it

andreoide

idk how this phone app called, but yes, you can change it without any problems, just go to apps and find there a setting for it

Hi
If you have TWRP already.... Why not make a total backup on external SDCARD and than you can mess around like all you want. Do not be afraid you destroy something because if you do..
You just restore your backup and voila all things working again.
Salem
:good:

retikulatus

Jan 18, 2008
Hello,
First , thank you very much for this awesome rom, it's like having a new exceptionnal smartphone!
Sorry because i didn't take the time to read all the thread, but i just noticed that the clock.app ( the one we use to set alarms etc...) doesn't work at all, it keep crashing (i doesn't even launch).
Does anybody experience the same issue?
Kind regards from France.

cvxda

Dec 31, 2010
Nürnberg
Hello,
First , thank you very much for this awesome rom, it's like having a new exceptionnal smartphone!
Sorry because i didn't take the time to read all the thread, but i just noticed that the clock.app ( the one we use to set alarms etc...) doesn't work at all, it keep crashing (i doesn't even launch).

Try clearing all clock app data, that should do it.

Corinna

Reactions: sanj00k

retikulatus

Jan 18, 2008
Try clearing all clock app data, that should do it.

Corinna

Thank you for your reply!
Following your advice, i tried Settings/Applications/clock/storage (it's called "stockage" in the french android)
Then , i did the "delete data" option but the app still can't load.
Maybe there is another procedure to complete, do you have any advice Corinna?

kind regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rr.jpg

Resurrection Remix for Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE+ / LTE-A

Closed Project

Built from RR github repo plus kccat6/lentislte device trees.

Code:
    - Your warrenty is now void.
    - You [b]WILL[/b] trip KNOX!
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:

This is the thread for the unoffical port of Resurrection Remix to
    • Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE+, SM-G901F, codename kccat6, and
    • Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A, SM-G906S/K/L, codename lentislte.
    • This project is based on the port to Lineage OS and the main development for our device will take place in the matching Lineage OS thread.

How to install:

• For kccat6, use bootloader CQJ1 or CQJ2.
    • For lentislte use bootloader CPL1.
    • install custom recovery, ideally directly from the TWRP project.
      For kccat6: twrp-3.2.3-0-kccat6.img
      For lentislte: twrp-3.2.3-0-lentislte.img
      Note: TWRP 3.2.1-0 is required starting with RR 6.0.0 builds!​
    • Enter recovery mode
    • Factory reset
    • Flash below ROM
    • Optionally flash Gapps. I suggest OpenGapps
    • Reboot

Know bugs:

• For known bugs, see the Lineage OS thread in the first place. Only Resurrection Remix-specific bugs will be handled in this thread.

Download from:

Current version:

• RR-P-v7.0.2-20191209
    • Pie 9.0
    • Android security level 2019-09-05 (kernel 2019-12-05)

Sources:

Have fun,
    Corinna

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix for Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE+ / LTE-A, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    cvxda, xamio, sktjdgns1189
    Source Code: https://github.com/github-cygwin/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: kccat6: CQA2 or later, lentislte: CPL1 or later
    Based On: Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix

Version Information

Created 2017-01-08
    Last Updated 2020-02-11
    Resurrection Remix 6.2.1 20181017

I made new Resurrection Remix 6.2.1 builds available for kccat and lentislte.

Changes from 20181017:
    • Update to Android security level 2018-10-05.
    • Update kernel to Samsung CRH1.
    • Update to Resurrection Remix 6.2.1.
    • Various more kernel patches, mostly security-related.
    • A tweak to improve performance when starting new apps.

Have fun,
    Corinna
    Resurrection Remix 7.0.1 20190408

New Resurrection Remix 7.0.1 builds for kccat6/lentislte.

This is an update to Android patchlevel 2019-04-05, plus various kernel and under-the-hood device patches, mainly security-related.

Have fun,
    Corinna
    I made new Resurrection Remix 6.0.0 preview builds available for kccat and lentislte.

This is still Work In Progress.
    Only use as daily driver if the functionality is ok for you.

Basically, everything should work now, bugs not withstanding.

Important Notes:
    • Audio: the missing headphone jack problem should be fixed.
    • Camera: I switched back to Camera2 since Snap is just buggy. There's a good chance that Lineage will provide OpenCamera at one point, but this may be a long time off yet .
    • Make sure to perform a factory reset if you already installed the previous Oreo preview build. Otherwise you may end up with a broken Camera.
    • The support for hardware buttons is still missing from RR 6.0.0.

That's it for now. I'll be very busy with non-Android stuff the next few weeks so it may be a while until I can come back. Nevertheless...

Have fun,
    Corinna
    Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 20170817

New release for kccat6 and lentislte uploaded.

News:
    • Update to Resurrection Remix 5.8.4.
    • Update to Android patchlevel 2017-08-05.
    • Behaviour of hardware key backlight changed (not the final version, though, some patches still under review)
    • Magisk is still on version 12.0 for obvious reasons.

Have fun,
    Corinna