Thanks Meter: 9,760

Post Reply Email Thread
25th January 2016, 01:49 PM |#381  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 7,519

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoisback

Hey i 've just purchased HTC one x plus then go to this thread to do custom rom. But when i click the "link 1", the file removed. The "link 2" i downloaded then open it. But the trouble is, it tried to install a lot of start up process, my advance system care notice me then i stopep it. I tried to close strange process by task manager but "access is denied". Then i used Iobit uninstaller to remove them. I think the toolkit of second link is trouble now, plz fix it.
I'll try to install custom recovery manual by fastboot.

No offense dude, i have a one x plus also (retired long ago) but your complaining that links and modss dont work for a long outdated device lol?
I dont think anyone is updating this thread any longer (last post was Sept 2015 if you didnt notice)and development has all but stopped for the most part due to the device being so old.

I would suggest buying a device that is not totally obsolete if you want current support and development.

sent from my Nexus 6P, Note 5, Nexus 6 or Note 4

17th February 2016, 11:53 PM |#382  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Computer doesn't recognize device in fastboot
Greetings,

I've rooted a tablet and had an stock HTC Vivid laying around and decided to try to root it. As soon as the phone reboots into fastboot my computer stops recognizing it (and yes I've tried different computers and it does the same thing). The original stock HTC data cable doesn't work, not even to charge the phone. I have not been able to find a solution for this online, so any help is appreciated.
20th March 2016, 11:12 PM |#383  

More
I have tried the same with my Sprint HTC one 8 but was not able to get it unlocked.
I am stuck in "your phone is encrypted" window. I am not able to get my phone to work. Have tried the download and has been able to get the Unlock_code.bin file and tried flashing it to the phone, it connects to the phone and asks for unlocking boot loader but when I select to unlock, it still loads back the phone into "your phone is encrypted" window and cycle starts again.

Need help getting it flashed or started again. Sprint CS was as usual useless.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I can get to fastboot menu on the phone with vol down and power key and it still shows it locked.
21st March 2016, 03:53 AM |#384  
Flag Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Thanks Meter: 1,934

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suddug

I have tried the same with my Sprint HTC one 8 but was not able to get it unlocked.
I am stuck in "your phone is encrypted" window. I am not able to get my phone to work. Have tried the download and has been able to get the Unlock_code.bin file and tried flashing it to the phone, it connects to the phone and asks for unlocking boot loader but when I select to unlock, it still loads back the phone into "your phone is encrypted" window and cycle starts again.

Need help getting it flashed or started again. Sprint CS was as usual useless.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I can get to fastboot menu on the phone with vol down and power key and it still shows it locked.

You need the latest version of TWRP.
21st March 2016, 11:55 AM |#385  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einwod

You need the latest version of TWRP.

I have that, I think my issue is that I can't unlock boot loader to load TWRP. I have android suk, fast bootlaces, add etc on pic and can get to fast boot sub on phone but cannot unlock boot loader to flash.
21st March 2016, 02:05 PM |#386  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suddug

I have that, I think my issue is that I can't unlock boot loader to load TWRP. I have android suk, fast bootlaces, add etc on pic and can get to fast boot sub on phone but cannot unlock boot loader to flash.

What version have you? You need version 3.0.0 or higher.
22nd March 2016, 03:20 AM |#387  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einwod

What version have you? You need version 3.0.0 or higher.

Thanks for your quick replies. I downloaded 3.0 from their website, however not able to run program through the cmd. So I had used Hasoon gui as it was easy to work through but unable to change boot loader setting. If someone either has direction to an existing thread or can give me direction, so I can reset the phone out of password to decrypt message.

Thanks
7th October 2016, 05:35 AM |#388  

More
I bought my phone through BestBuy mobile, a kiosk that sells all phones for many carriers. My carrier is Koodo which is owned by Telus. Does this make my htc One M8 an international version or telus version?
7th October 2016, 08:39 AM |#389  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRK546

I bought my phone through BestBuy mobile, a kiosk that sells all phones for many carriers. My carrier is Koodo which is owned by Telus. Does this make my htc One M8 an international version or telus version?

Fastboot getvar all will give the info we require to answer your questions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
18th August 2017, 02:13 PM |#390  

More
How to reverse the kernel that i flashed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasoon2000

4. How to use ADB Sideload

You may have seen what ADB Sideload around the forums but have no idea what it is. Since our HOX+ does not have an SD card, it makes things harder when you have to flash a ROM.

Here's a scenario when we need to use ADB Sideload.
1. You accidentally wiped your internal SD and have no ROM on your phone
2. You wiped your ROM and forgot to transfer a custom ROM/have no backups(Nandroid) available.
3, You have none of the above and there is no available RUU for your phone. <----- This is a real bummer.

Here are the steps to load on a ROM
I placed TWRP in my toolkit for a reason. CWM does not support ADB Sideload (as far as I know) and TWRP does.

Boot into recovery manually. Turn your device off and hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button together until the BOOTLOADER pops up. Press the VOLUME DOWN button until you have selected RECOVERY. Press the POWER button to get into RECOVERY.

Connect the USB Cable to your phone and computer.

In TWRP, click "Advanced" and select ADB Sideload.

Download a ROM to your computer (if you haven't already done so). Rename it as one word. For example CM10.zip, QX.zip, ARHD.zip, etc.

In my toolkit, under the extras section, press ADB Sideload a ROM. Press "Yes" when it asks you if you are in recovery. Then select the ROM you want to install. It will then sideload it to your phone and flash it.

After it finishes, press the back button. Press Reboot and select bootloader.

Pull the boot.img from the zip file and extract it.

Open my toolkit and press Flash a Kernel. Locate the boot.img and it will flash it.

You now have a ROM on your phone!

I'd rooted my phone and wanted to have otg support to my device, for otg i had flashed a kernel.
bt after flashing it , may be the kernel was not for my phone model KLW-L22, i applied command "fastboot reboot" the phone is not rebooting ,its just switching off and starting up at the page till "honor android " and not going to my phone. so pls guide me how to reverse that flash or recover to my previous kernel and i had taken no backup of my images .Pls help me my phone is currently in the fastboot mode
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)