[ROM] (Phone+GPS+Vista GPS+touch)Thaihugo's shift age of reason and age of beauty

Search This thread

rinza

Aug 9, 2008
I download it .. and when it's run ... my Avira (antiVir) detect virus AdSpy.Gen3 on ROMupdateUtility.exe :(

kountry83

Mar 5, 2011
Baytown
Oh also I can't find the age of beauty rom anywhere... I have age of reason but I want age of beauty please.
Thank you

Flanimal

Apr 18, 2008
HTC Shift files

Hi guys,
Check your PM inboxes for the HTC Shift files that I have archived. :)

Flanimal

Apr 18, 2008
ClearSnapvue, Windows Mobile Center and the ROM updater program stopped working for me about a year ago. I was running WIndows 7 at the time, and up to one day it was working, and none of them have worked for me since, including a recent attempt on Windows 10. So I have kinda given up with the Windows Mobile side. Luckily the last ROM that I installed is one of the better ones - Age of Beauty, but given the chance I would now choose a more lightweight ROM with a permanent battery indicator at the top right.

Recently, I tried the USB Tool with Windows Mobile centre on windows 10, and I heard the 'ding dong' sound in Windows, but Windows Mobile centre showed no connection.

I don't know what happened, but I seem to recall seeing other HTC Shifters having problems.

I wondered whether anyone was having success with Windows Mobile communications on the HTC Shift these days.

nbsp

Apr 5, 2007
Here are some ROMs: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzqfCViUrpr6UkVkY2lTLUIxSGs&usp=sharing

The web space is not mine, though. I found the link while searching for the WM 6.1 monx ROM. It seems there is also a 1.08 version for that one, but currently I did not find it anywhere. If anyone can provide a link to it or upload it somewhere for others to download it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Hey Flanimal,
I have it.
I have practically everything HTC Shift related.
Can you please let me know how I could download it? It would be great if you also have Monx's WM 6.1 v1.08 ROM (not v1.07), as I cannot seem to find it anywhere. It would be nice if you could put everything HTC Shift related that you have on Google Drive (or equivalent), as I am also collecting such items. :D

I wondered whether anyone was having success with Windows Mobile communications on the HTC Shift these days.
I have recently installed Windows 7 Enterprise Trial and Monx's WM 6.1 v1.07 ROM on the HTC Shift (as it has working USSD, and I need that). Everything seems to work correctly for me, except that long SMS messages are not received (for instance, if the message is longer than 5 * 160 characters, it will not appear in the messaging application when using Monx's v1.07 ROM).

Have you tried to hard reset your device? Make sure to backup everything first!

Thanks!

Flanimal

Apr 18, 2008
Check your PM. :) Regarding my Windows Mobile issue, yes I have tried hard and factory resets, and reinstallations, but no joy. Thanks for informing me that it's not a Windows 7/10 problem.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

Flanimal

Apr 18, 2008
Ah, I solved my Windows to Windows Mobile communication problem. I had simply forgotten that it is necessary to uncheck "enable advanced network" under the usb to pc option in wm side. Doh!
Busy choosing a different ROM now to fit my modern day requirements - don't need PIM or office anymore, but def want dictionary and a C64 SID player...

simonemu85

Aug 23, 2017
Things to do on HTC Shift

Hello to all! :)
I don't know if I have to present myself and if somebody care about it :p (I'm sure that if needed, moderators will tell me that)
I'm almost a proud owner of an HTC Shift X9500, I bought it on eBay and in while I took a look at this forum.
I'm pretty lost because it's an old machine (even if it's still one of the best) and it's hard to locate all the most recent threads about it.
I've also bought a brand new SSD PATA ZIF 1.8 64 gb and 2 gb DDR2 microdimm memory 214 pin in order to get the best performance possible
and I'm wondering what to do now.
My intention is to upgrade this device with windows 10 32bit and the first question is:
will I get all the hardware working fine after the upgrade? any known issues?
The second question is about ROMs and liberation:
which is the best upgrade possible on pda side?
Thanks to those who will answer and sorry if I bring back foreground an old post.
:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Reactions: PressDigital

Flanimal

Apr 18, 2008
Hello! Congrats on purchasing an HTC Shift. I'm rather jealous of the RAM and SSD that you are beefing up your Shift with. I hope you get them to work ok.
I'll send you a PM with my stash of HTC Shift drivers and files in case you are of use/interest to you.
I recommend thaihugo's Age of Reason ROM. You may have trouble liberating your Shift if you can't find a old school email server that is compatible with it.
I recommend that you install Windows 10 Anniversary edition (rather than Creator's edition). That way, you should be able to get the touchsceen drivers working, and then you can run Windows update and run the Microsoft upgrade tool to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10, and the touchscreen should continue to work.
The wifi drivers don't work by default with Windows 10. The Windows 10 thread in these forums contains a working solution.
Good luck and have fun!

simonemu85

Aug 23, 2017
Hello! Congrats on purchasing an HTC Shift. I'm rather jealous of the RAM and SSD that you are beefing up your Shift with. I hope you get them to work ok.
I'll send you a PM with my stash of HTC Shift drivers and files in case you are of use/interest to you.
I recommend thaihugo's Age of Reason ROM. You may have trouble liberating your Shift if you can't find a old school email server that is compatible with it.
I recommend that you install Windows 10 Anniversary edition (rather than Creator's edition). That way, you should be able to get the touchsceen drivers working, and then you can run Windows update and run the Microsoft upgrade tool to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10, and the touchscreen should continue to work.
The wifi drivers don't work by default with Windows 10. The Windows 10 thread in these forums contains a working solution.
Good luck and have fun!
First ..Thanks and sorry for late reply :p I got only SSD right now and I'm waiting to go back home and bring memory.
I've installed windows 8.1 on SSD and, as said, wifi / SD not working.
I've tried many many solutions described here and now I'm heading to upgrade to windows 10 anniversary as you told me.
I'm running windows update now and I'm going to find some mail providers that accept the liberation CAB file (google mail refuse it as a potential risk :crying: )
I'll let you know about the future :D

simonemu85

Aug 23, 2017
GPS not worrking

First ..Thanks and sorry for late reply :p I got only SSD right now and I'm waiting to go back home and bring memory.
I've installed windows 8.1 on SSD and, as said, wifi / SD not working.
I've tried many many solutions described here and now I'm heading to upgrade to windows 10 anniversary as you told me.
I'm running windows update now and I'm going to find some mail providers that accept the liberation CAB file (google mail refuse it as a potential risk :crying: )
I'll let you know about the future :D

@thaihugo @Flanimal
Hey guys, sorry but I can't get GPS working, I have i00 rom on my shift and I'm good with it (even it's pretty heavy) can you help me to configure GPS and GPS2Blue? I followed instructions on paludur website but maybe it's not enough :'(
Thanks

Flanimal

Apr 18, 2008
Hello,
I can't really help as I haven't used GPS on the Windows Mobile side in a long time. But from what I remember, the first time that I successfully used GPS on the WM side was when I installed a GPS ROM, and then ran the Google Maps app, and it located me correctly.
I hope you get it working.

PassatGT

Feb 8, 2018
Welcome everybody. This is my first post. My name is Paul and I'm from Poland.
I need help with my HTC Shift X9500. I need good rom in polish or english language with working phone, GPS and sounds. Actually I have rom with phone and GPS but there is no sound, and phone does not work correctly. Please help me.

Regards.

PressDigital

Sep 12, 2007
Wahroonga
www.gadgetaccess.com
Here are some ROMs: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzqfCViUrpr6UkVkY2lTLUIxSGs&usp=sharing

The web space is not mine, though. I found the link while searching for the WM 6.1 monx ROM. It seems there is also a 1.08 version for that one, but currently I did not find it anywhere. If anyone can provide a link to it or upload it somewhere for others to download it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Hey Flanimal,

Can you please let me know how I could download it? It would be great if you also have Monx's WM 6.1 v1.08 ROM (not v1.07), as I cannot seem to find it anywhere. It would be nice if you could put everything HTC Shift related that you have on Google Drive (or equivalent), as I am also collecting such items. :D

I have recently installed Windows 7 Enterprise Trial and Monx's WM 6.1 v1.07 ROM on the HTC Shift (as it has working USSD, and I need that). Everything seems to work correctly for me, except that long SMS messages are not received (for instance, if the message is longer than 5 * 160 characters, it will not appear in the messaging application when using Monx's v1.07 ROM).

Have you tried to hard reset your device? Make sure to backup everything first!

Thanks!
Can you please re-post the collection?? THANKYOU!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have it.
    I have practically everything HTC Shift related.
    Ah, I solved my Windows to Windows Mobile communication problem. I had simply forgotten that it is necessary to uncheck "enable advanced network" under the usb to pc option in wm side. Doh!
    Busy choosing a different ROM now to fit my modern day requirements - don't need PIM or office anymore, but def want dictionary and a C64 SID player...
    Hello,

I'm still working on the different sound topics, but here are my newest roms.
    I call them age of reason and age of beauty. This is a kind of trial for the second one...

The point is that we need a rom to really use the shift possibility. We need storage space, real gps useage, and of course maximum ram.

This is the age of reason rom. The lightest possible rom, where you can add a lot of programs, more if you use UPX compression.

You need to flash the radio from the phone+gps rom before using this one.

What does it have:

42 Mb storage and 22 Mb memory free
    WORK on WINMOB SIDE
    All standard Winmob application (ie, notes, media player, sms, phone, gps)
    Task manager to soft reset, kill process, etc...
    Clear temp (as requested)
    USB tools
    A homemade program to switch the speaker when on call. This program is for my development my roms only, and it work as a service, so it cannot be killed by the OS.
    There is a managment program to remove the service if needed.

WORK WITH VISTA
    storage:
    A network browser to access the vista HDD
    GPS:
    An automatic GPS redirection to the PC side
    This program is GPS2Blue, and it is preconfigured. You just have to launch the shortcut in HTC debug tools, and setup vista to get communication.
    GPS works on both side, so you can use it on Windows mobile too of course
    A few words on this last program.

GPS2Blue is a program made by Paludour. You can check his website here:
    http://www.paludour.net
    He allowed me to add this program to my roms, as you must normally download the cab from his site. This way, I could put it preconfigured on our devices. Many thanks to him for that.
    When you are connected with usbtools to vista, click on this gps2blue icon, and you can receve the gps on vista if you follow this guideline:

http://www.paludour.net/GPS2BlueFAQ.html#USB

Just click on the gps2blue icon when you have to do the PDA side of this tutorial, the rest is aleady done.

The link for this rom is here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjjm0ydmmz5/Light.rar
    MD5: 4c31ba01b109e22cd77bc3da53220672
    Mirror:http://www.filesavr.com/light_1

Now for the other rom, the age of beauty:

This rom is the same, with one little twist: there is pointUI pre-installed.
    This is a test, as I don't know if this is a good way instead of installing it afterward. Anyway, you are good for some eyecandy.

You have to pay for this: you have only 37 Mb of sorage, and 9 (yes, nine) megs of free memory after reset. But the good news is that you can disable it, and still be using the rom. So you can choose when you want eye candy, and when you want to be serious. If it is requested, I might update this one.

The link for this one is:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/3zmtnyi2mjh/Full.rar
    MD5:fe2a2d6592339c29c994e4a2e6638d1e

Enjoy and report here if you like it.
    How to connect to vista side:

first, know the name of your shift. If you didn't change it it is SHIFT, otherwise type hostname in a command line in vista side.
    then type services.msc and make sure the server service is started and set up to automatic if you want it to start every boot

Now type \\shift in your start menu. A windows must open, and you should see thinks, like Users,and printers. If not, don't worry, you can still go on. For more advanced users, it can be a good time to set up a share.

Now go on Snapvue side, and go to settings-connections-network plugin. First click on the "enable network folder" and wait for the reset.

Now, when reset is done, start usbtools to activate activesync. On vista side, make sure you are connected ( set up a partnership, or just click on connect whitout partneship. In this case, you will have to do it each time.)

Go back on Snapvue, and in network plugin click on New...
    In remote path, enter \\shift\users if shift is your computername, and if you saw Users in the window on the second step.
    Otherwise, you can enter \\shift\c$ to access the whole drive.
    Click on map drive. Enter your username and your password (the one you use to login in vista)
    Now, you can browse the pc using the network folder. You can add music to media player, browse pictures, wmv video...

You can even install some progs on vista side, but I don't recommend it. You might use it also as a data storage for SPB insight (my little baby) for example
    you cannot use any other radio than the one provided with the rom. I've read it gives some 3G problem in some countries.

The 1.58 radio was the original radio for the european shifts. It will make a hissing sound problem on my rom, as it is made for 1.27 radios. You have to either go back to original Snapvue rom, or to forget about 3G in your case I fear:(