FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,103 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,281

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2017, 09:54 PM |#26331  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darshan1504

Have you set the clarity setting too high? That usually causes the distortion and hissing in the background. If not then try using compatible mode.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Link2SD can also freeze apps. Try that

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I had the same problem. I replaced my audio_config file

I tried it, no dice. It changed nothing

3rd September 2017, 02:43 AM |#26332  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeNymph

I tried it, no dice. It changed nothing

How did you go about it? Did you rename your original file as audio_config.bak ? I have a Samsung so I found the audio file on this page (https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-...stock-t3337148). If you did everything right, do you have SElinux on permissive?

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul.pop99

I've tried it, same thing happens. I think it is the rom tho. When I was on the LineageOS I had no problem with v4a

Did you freeze audio.fx? That usually interacts with v4a to cause distortion
3rd September 2017, 04:11 AM |#26333  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Yes I did all of that and I followed the instructions you gave
3rd September 2017, 04:29 AM |#26334  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeNymph

Yes I did all of that and I followed the instructions you gave

Then there might be a problem with Magisk. I'm not really a Magisk person. Wait for somebody else to guide you. Sorry
3rd September 2017, 07:59 AM |#26335  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 22,029

Donate to Me
More
I assure you guys I am not trying to frustrate you or flood this thread with another update, but I realized the Magisk installation was doomed if an existing Magisk module of any kind had an audio effects configuration symlinked to /system.

Today's build includes a lightweight and efficient audio effects configuration protocol for an audio framework for Magisk that I prepared a couple months ago that essentially "slipped in between the seats" while working on more than I should have at one time.

It took until today for it to dawn on me how essential such a component in /magisk is when dealing with the presence of anything added there by anyone and by any method.

I had to rewrite it from scratch tonight so it might be vulnerable to breaking by the flashing of additional modules that include an audio effects configuration, HOWEVER, my experience with Magisk suggests that the existing audio effects configuration(s) symlinked from /magisk to /system always prevail over future attempts (the reason why this audio effects configuration protocol is necessary) but likely prevents future modules using their audio effects configurations or just their edits (standard behavior anyway, not introduced from my protocol, just describing the landscape here).

My original framework included a script to handle the various configurations that may appear (from future installs) and merge additions as necessary upon boot, so this still needs to be done. Just bear with me, I've been in the hospital the past two days hanging out with my brand new son, Beau, who was born Friday morning (). I realized the previous builds were only successful (for Magisk) if no audio effects configuration already existed anywhere in /magisk, so I wanted to provide something that not only overcomes that obstacle, but preserve/restore the others as well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ViperFX-2.5.0.5_20170903-gh.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.27 MB, 382 views)
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to guitardedhero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guitardedhero Ad-Free
3rd September 2017, 08:49 AM |#26336  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darshan1504

Did you freeze audio.fx? That usually interacts with v4a to cause distortion

I don't think I did, I don't even know how to do that. I might try installing lineageOS and see if I have the same problem
3rd September 2017, 12:30 PM |#26337  

More
hello,

installed viper last night, and what a incredible sound does it give.. but my phone speaker of mine nexus 5x with lineage 14.1 is not working.. does the speaker normaly working? if yes how can i find the problem? thx
3rd September 2017, 01:15 PM |#26338  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
My girlfriend has an s4 (Sch-i595) rooted, with a locked bootloader, so no custom recovery.

My question is, can this zip be properly installed on a locked bootloader device via Flashify?
3rd September 2017, 03:19 PM |#26339  
Flag Warsw
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

… Just bear with me, I've been in the hospital the past two days hanging out with my brand new son, Beau, who was born Friday morning ()

WOW! That is fantastic news, my friend! I am truly haply you become a father! Salute!
And cheers for your Beau! Congrats!

Echoe team member / S8+
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimplyCity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SimplyCity Ad-Free
4th September 2017, 05:02 AM |#26340  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

I assure you guys I am not trying to frustrate you or flood this thread with another update, but I realized the Magisk installation was doomed if an existing Magisk module of any kind had an audio effects configuration symlinked to /system.

Today's build includes a lightweight and efficient audio effects configuration protocol for an audio framework for Magisk that I prepared a couple months ago that essentially "slipped in between the seats" while working on more than I should have at one time.

It took until today for it to dawn on me how essential such a component in /magisk is when dealing with the presence of anything added there by anyone and by any method.

I had to rewrite it from scratch tonight so it might be vulnerable to breaking by the flashing of additional modules that include an audio effects configuration, HOWEVER, my experience with Magisk suggests that the existing audio effects configuration(s) symlinked from /magisk to /system always prevail over future attempts (the reason why this audio effects configuration protocol is necessary) but likely prevents future modules using their audio effects configurations or just their edits (standard behavior anyway, not introduced from my protocol, just describing the landscape here).

My original framework included a script to handle the various configurations that may appear (from future installs) and merge additions as necessary upon boot, so this still needs to be done. Just bear with me, I've been in the hospital the past two days hanging out with my brand new son, Beau, who was born Friday morning (). I realized the previous builds were only successful (for Magisk) if no audio effects configuration already existed anywhere in /magisk, so I wanted to provide something that not only overcomes that obstacle, but preserve/restore the others as well.

How I can update the magisk module ?
4th September 2017, 08:47 AM |#26341  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
@guitardedhero I have Redmi Note 4G (dior) with RR 5.8.4 (Android 7.1.2) with Magisk 13.3

I have installed v4a (posted as 20170903-gh.zip) and @ahrion's Dolby Atmos classic and they are working really great together! I was thinking of installing ViperDD+ you posted earlier, but would Atmos and ViperDD+ work fine together?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170904-131635.png
Views:	1588
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	4262201  
The Following User Says Thank You to samz2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samz2 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)