FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+][2017.02.09] CF.lumen v3.70

11,192 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,427

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th April 2014, 10:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2017, 02:36 AM |#1961  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Does this app consume considerable amount of battery ehen active? If so why?

4th September 2017, 03:09 PM |#1962  
Flag GMT-5
Thanks Meter: 516

More
Is this app working on Android Oreo?
4th September 2017, 03:23 PM |#1963  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokx

Is this app working on Android Oreo?

Yes it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to pdxcire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pdxcire Ad-Free
8th September 2017, 06:11 AM |#1964  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
3 questions:

1) does using this hurt AMOLED screens or speed up burn-in? Specifically asking about the Nexus 6P screen.

2) What exactly is kcal, and should I use it? I'm on a Nexus 6P, stock 6.0 rooted, with the custom ElementalX kernel.

3) Is there anything else I need to do to use this optimally?

Thanks!
8th September 2017, 09:26 AM |#1965  
Flag Seville
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest12

3 questions:

1) does using this hurt AMOLED screens or speed up burn-in? Specifically asking about the Nexus 6P screen.

2) What exactly is kcal, and should I use it? I'm on a Nexus 6P, stock 6.0 rooted, with the custom ElementalX kernel.

Thanks!

I dont know about that theme much, i would like to know the answer to those questions. I only can say you I prefer kcal because is implemented in kernel
Its more or less the same cf.lumen and Kcal control.
8th September 2017, 02:09 PM |#1966  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 894

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have been using this app on my 6P for quite some time and have not seen any burn in.

Quote:

KCAL is the Qualcomm MDSS advanced color control interface by @savoca . It allows direct tuning of display color settings through sysfs nodes, and is the best method to use for a few reasons:

1. No overlay is required, so you don't have to allow any app (like CF.lumen) overlay permissions, and you also don't need to disable the filter to take screenshots, install applications, etc.

2. No running daemon is required to support using these tunables, as they're presented by the kernel, which likely means better performance.

Quote:

Probably not, as I'm fairly certain ElementalX already supports KCAL. However, just in case it doesn't, I happen to know of a kernel for the 6P that does support KCAL...
The Following User Says Thank You to vt0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vt0r Ad-Free
8th September 2017, 02:37 PM |#1967  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt0r

Probably not, as I'm fairly certain ElementalX already supports KCAL. However, just in case it doesn't, I happen to know of a kernel for the 6P that does support KCAL...

Thanks so much for the great response! I'm not certain I follow everything you said (over my head technically) but it sounds like you know what you're talking about! I have it installed now and I'm using the kcal driver. When I look at the different modes, it tints the screen as I would expect, so does that mean the ElementalX kernel supports KCAL? If not, can you tell me how to figure it out? I have the EX Kernel Manager app installed if I need to do anything with the kernel (or other) settings.
8th September 2017, 04:37 PM |#1968  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I would think it does the opposite of burn in because the other color pixels are off. Cf.lumen prolongs amoled screen life.
8th September 2017, 11:40 PM |#1969  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 894

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

...I have it installed now and I'm using the kcal driver. When I look at the different modes, it tints the screen as I would expect, so does that mean the ElementalX kernel supports KCAL? ...

If you change to the KCAL driver, and the screen still tints, that means it worked. You're all set.
9th September 2017, 08:19 AM |#1970  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevebb

I would think it does the opposite of burn in because the other color pixels are off. Cf.lumen prolongs amoled screen life.

Indeed, blue is the fastest wearing diode on AMOLED which is severely reduced in low colour temperatures.
11th September 2017, 05:13 PM |#1971  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 83

More
@Chainfire
Thanks for a good app (purchased couple of days ago)

Quote:

On Android 6.0, various Android functions refuse to work when an overlay is present. This includes apps asking for permission, installing apps, etc. The app attempts to detect these situations and automatically turn off the filter. If you spot a situation where the filter is not automatically temporarily disabled, please let me know.

Faced this situation today, which puzzled me greatly till I realised that this was due to this app. I rented a movie on you tube and it didn't show video but audio was fine. Other free videos are working fine. After disabling the day time filter, it worked. Guess there is some install like mechanism that is not detected by this app. I Trust this input helps in improving the app (sorry, didn't check if this was earlier reported)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)