FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What are you using this guide for?

A starting point to learn

544 Vote(s)
73.02%
A quick refresher course

95 Vote(s)
12.75%
Troubleshooting

246 Vote(s)
33.02%
Referring users from development threads

44 Vote(s)
5.91%
Linking to my own guide(s)

10 Vote(s)
1.34%

[UNIVERSAL][LOGCAT]How to get & read a logcat/ Troubleshoot your own issues!

6,807 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,134

Post Reply Email Thread
15th August 2017, 06:23 PM |#801  
Flag magelang
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke_the_Orc

You can try commenting them out, but I wouldn't delete them.

Can you give me an example to commenting out, i'm bad on coding 😁

16th August 2017, 01:51 AM |#802  
OP Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nophyan

Can you give me an example to commenting out, i'm bad on coding 😁

You just put # in front of the line you want to comment out.
18th August 2017, 07:39 AM |#803  
Flag magelang
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You just put # in front of the line you want to comment out.

I've got new error when commenting out that line
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: SlidingChallengeLayout must be measured with an exact size
18th August 2017, 06:47 PM |#804  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys, since a few weeks I have been getting crashes whenever I launch either CM Applock or ES File Explorer. I have tried a lot of things, I use xposed so i reflashed my rom without it and still it crashes, I tried using different kernel still it crashes, tried different SuperSU still same. My device is Redmi note 3 Pro and I use a custom rom Resurrection Remix 5.7.4 marshmallow. I reflashed three time but the issue still comes up. Note that the apps are fine when I flash it, but after I install all my apps, either directly through playstore or Titanium Backup, the crashes start. I have the logcat here, i started the logcat then clicked CM Applock then it crashed and then i stopped the logcat. Thanks.

pastebin (dot) com (/) awDC4KV9
4th September 2017, 06:40 AM |#805  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Plz help me sir. I port j2 prime rom for j7. Its marshmallow rom but porblem file stoped in 0 kb without this file my rom not booted so plz help me sir
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170828_081130.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	4262075  
4th September 2017, 03:13 PM |#806  
OP Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaganbajwa

Plz help me sir. I port j2 prime rom for j7. Its marshmallow rom but porblem file stoped in 0 kb without this file my rom not booted so plz help me sir

You'll need to flash back to something that worked.If your ROM didn't flash and you can't use adb, that's your only recourse.
4th September 2017, 03:18 PM |#807  
OP Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuRs3d_As5a5s1n

Hi guys, since a few weeks I have been getting crashes whenever I launch either CM Applock or ES File Explorer. I have tried a lot of things, I use xposed so i reflashed my rom without it and still it crashes, I tried using different kernel still it crashes, tried different SuperSU still same. My device is Redmi note 3 Pro and I use a custom rom Resurrection Remix 5.7.4 marshmallow. I reflashed three time but the issue still comes up. Note that the apps are fine when I flash it, but after I install all my apps, either directly through playstore or Titanium Backup, the crashes start. I have the logcat here, i started the logcat then clicked CM Applock then it crashed and then i stopped the logcat. Thanks.

pastebin (dot) com (/) awDC4KV9

I would try to find older versions of those apps (before the crashes started). It sounds like something changed in them that your ROM doesn't support or know how to handle.
4th September 2017, 03:22 PM |#808  
OP Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nophyan

I've got new error when commenting out that line
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: SlidingChallengeLayout must be measured with an exact size

Was the original error preventing you from booting, or causing any actual problems? I've gotten so entrenched in building before that I have found errors that honestly meant nothing and wasted time trying to fix. Ultimately, it ended up looking like bits of test code, or abandoned methods that were never removed.
4th September 2017, 04:04 PM |#809  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

You'll need to flash back to something that worked.If your ROM didn't flash and you can't use adb, that's your only recourse.

Sir now i retry this all and now problem file create 199kb and stoped. Make problem file 2 or 3 mb to boot my rom but stopped in 199kb plz help me sir
4th September 2017, 08:18 PM |#810  
OP Senior Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaganbajwa

Sir now i retry this all and now problem file create 199kb and stoped. Make problem file 2 or 3 mb to boot my rom but stopped in 199kb plz help me sir

Unfortunately, I can't help you if you're unable to grab any logs. You'd need to be able to capture the boot process to see where it's failing.
Try flashing a ROM that works, allow and, and then try this ROM again. See if you're able to capture any logs during the boot.
28th September 2017, 09:01 AM |#811  
Flag Jeddah
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
hi @Stryke_the_Orc

Can you help me with this LOGCAT ?

https://haste.blamealexcruz.com/dPQX2xC3VK.vbs

When i trying to booting Android Oreo fot Wileyfox Storm, Getting bootloop issue " stuck at bootanimation" ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how-to, logcat, troubleshooting

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)