Search This thread

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Notice: A New Q & A thread has been created in the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Sub-Forum.
New Discussion and Q & A Tabs have also been created, located just under threads Title, when viewing in a Browser.
Posts from members with less than 10 posts will automatically be posted in the new Q & A thread.
Please check it out, and see if you can help out someone with a question about this Topic.

Goddly

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 7, 2013
Binghamton
I'm afraid not. There have been no distinct changes to Crossbreeder to adapt it to the changes that LP had implemented. Though if you look, there is a couple packs out there. L_Speed mod. These are more focused on speed than battery life tho

asia559571

Jul 14, 2013
I'm afraid not. There have been no distinct changes to Crossbreeder to adapt it to the changes that LP had implemented. Though if you look, there is a couple packs out there. L_Speed mod. These are more focused on speed than battery life tho
That's a Shame, would of been Cool:crying: Kind Regards to YOU!

Goddly

Jan 7, 2013
Binghamton
84b4b6869dc73cc34a4c0c156a704554.jpg

Try this bruh.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Goddly

Jan 7, 2013
Binghamton
Looked in the thread "wifi tether" found that. Need to use terminal editor

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Atrix2dBeast

Apr 7, 2014
Dear Goddly,
I have been using your MOD since last month on my i9500( running stock 4.4.2, Maxfour kernel), my phone goes into deepsleep as soon as the display is turned off, and saves a lot of juice but while using the phone the battery life sucks, I get 2-2.5 hours of SOT and around 14-15 hours of battery life.
Please help!

Last edited:

Shane857

Sep 30, 2013
i flashed this on my i9500 running Firstflight N7 themed V6 Rom with nevermoreX kernel and after everything flashed ok and i rebooted, my wifi wouldn't connect (failed to obtained ip address) even after resetting modem, forgetting network and rejoining.....then i realized my phone became very laggy to the point were i could hardly do anything..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

VERSION 3.5

"My phone is flying!" - vgomez916
    "My phone is lighting quick now, Like I said this thing is really flyin. Thanks"- zackandethan
    "This mod is sickkk. phone is flying, on 3g i'm getting 1-2 mbs speed. Thanks for the mod Goddly."- Nyckrs
    "My speeds are way up too. 100-200 kbs up to 850kbs now. Download and upload. Same time of the day, same location"- g_ding84
    "4G speed jumped to 8.9MB. Incredible!"- xNicoyAx

Confirmed working on-
    ~Kernels~
    Latest KT
    Sac's v2
    Agat's 0.3.0 kernel

Stock MF9 , with busybox workaround. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933849 ~~ POST #2 ~~ thanks - devoureddreams-

This tweak pack Originated in the Epic 4G Touch Forums, been tested, and has improved-

Battery Life, User battery life may vary, depending on a varitey of things, widgets, radios, etc., etc.,
    network speed
    GPS lock
    system performance, Increased app load speed, etc.
    Browser upgrades

wifi_wait (Kobridge)
    memory tweaks (Modded Kobridge, Mine)
    test screenstate (screen off = deep sleep, Phakker, Improved)
    Init.d test script (Exit_Only)
    battery stats format (Exit_Only)
    and more

V1.2
    added Kobridge, read ahead script
    added script for working Cron (Exit_Only)

added an option for NO Undervolt. (more universal)
    cleaned up things.

v 1.3
    stripped undervolt till a new kernel pops up.
    cleaned up scripts, non working parts
    added Kobridge 41 tweaks, modded for less conflicts , thanks Kobridge
    and a few small touches

Version 2.1 Crossbreeder

]Added newest Crossbreeder to install package
    Slightly modded GPS settings.
    changed updater script to be compatible with the S4 and all other rooted Android devices
    ;)

Version 3.0.2 ~
    ~added more init.d low memory tweaks
    ~added a few more small kernel tweaks
    ~swapped out the stock browser for my modded variation
    ~added a browser cache script (hoping to load browser pages quicker)
    ~added delay to the larger scripts (to speed up boot times)

~New~ Version 3.5
    ~Fixed loss of root issue
    ~added newest release of crossbreeder 12-4
    ~added a few new kernel tweaks
    ~cleaned up

Infromation About CrossBreeder-
    - This is a new take at Android lag reduction. It's lightweight and won't consume battery. Users have reported drastic improvements in usability and even benchmark scores. It will show noticeable improvements - Android devices from Donut to Froyo to Gingerbread to Honeycomb to ICS and Jellybean.
    - This is a combination of 5 different methodologies to reduce Android lag.
    - Removal of DNS lag . A lot of the lag in a lot of apps, apart from the GUI lag, is due to slow DNS querying, specially on the mobile network.
    - CrossBreeder now runs a caching, parallelising DNS client on the device. So now most of your DNS queries will be served from the cache and if not found, the query will be sent in in round robin fashion to multiple DNS servers including Google DNS, OpenDNS and your home router and the reply will be served to you, hot.
    - This speeds up network access and networked apps, like Browsers of course, and Tapatalk, Gmail and thousands of others drastically. And removes a lot of the lag where it was due to DNS querying. This will not increase your network or download speed but pages will load much faster.
    - This will future proof your devices as more and more apps start using HTML5 and/or reside completely as web pages or the like.-

I Just thought, there are some great developers in our forum, with great tweaks, geared for their own specific purpose, and i thank them. I HAVE asked for permission to use these tweaks, to make a pack of the best, from the best taking a few of those great tweaks and putting them in one lightweight package. Now , I did NOT create any tweak in this pack. That is why introductions and thanks are in order.

ALL THANKS TO THESE GUYS

Exit_Only - For being the mad scientist of the "tweak" in general ;)

Kobridge - Having used your tweaks in various roms and knowing how great they work :good:

Phakker - For the use of his Infamous, screenstate tweak :cool:

G_Ding84 - For being one h*ll of a rom maker , teacher, and one of the most helpful guys youll meet on any forum :)

idcrisis - For the use of his CrossBreeder Mod found here -
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2113150

Without these guys we wouldnt be where we are now, as a forum, or a community.

Gentlemen- On behalf of the users of this tweak , and every E4GT owner out there.... *BOWS* I thank you....

I am in no way responsible for your equipment, flash at your own risk

Download ComaDose version you prefer, from the downloads section, and put on root of phone
    Boot into custom recovery
    Flash ComaDose
    Reboot to rom (flash stock kernel) or reboot system etc.
    This is a .zip file, can be flashed with CWM recovery, put on root of phones storage, boot into recovery & flash.

Issues with repack and new Custom Recovery kernels-
    Now Ive heard it works for some people on repacks, and ive heard of battery drain, and GPS taking along time to lock on others. But the best results i get, are out of the "stock" Leak kernels.
    Conflicting issues with new Custom Recovery modded and released updated version

~NEW~ComaDose V3.5

http://d-h.st/22v

md5: faae873f493540cd68e58f5ddc9ac79a

ComaDose V2.1 W/ Crossbreeder V. 7.2.13

View attachment 2149730

Mirror #1

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490004661

ComaDose_removal.zip (Uninstaller)

View attachment 2149687

Mirror #1

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490004662

Whats under this button??

If you guys like my work and have a little jingle floating around, dont hesitate to toss a beer (or coffee ;) ) my way through the "donate to me" under my avatar. THANKS GUYS!​
    Test Init.d With The "21 Test-init.d" script​

-THINGS YOU NEED-

Rom Toolbox (free or pro)
    Root Access (superuser access) for Rom Toolbox
    ComaDose Already Flashed

-Steps-

After ComaDose flash, if you want to check if your init.d is functioning properly you can check it with the 21 test init.d script...
    After flash the test init.d script has already ran (on startup) now thwe sole purpose of this script is to show whether or not init.d
    is properly functioning.
    When this script is ran (executed) as all scripts in init.d are upon startup, it creates a file in the /data folder.

so why dont we take a look for it?

Using Rom Toolbox, go to the "root browser" tab (upon first startup youll be prompted to SuperUser permissions, Allow this)

Once in Root Browser youll be in the root of your device by default. ( / )
    Click on the "Data" folder..

In the /Data folder, were looking for "Exit Only Init.d" file

if you see this file, your init.d is working and all scripts are running ... ;)

If you dont see this file after reboot (post flash) you can execute the "21 test Init " script manually...

back out to the root of the phone, go into "system", then into "etc" then into the "init.d" folder and locate the "21_testinit.d" script, press on it , bringing up this menu.

press the "open as" tab, bringing up this menu...

then press the "script file" option..

Then you want to press the "execute Script" option, making sure the "execute as root option is checked, as shown below.

which will then execute the script using init.d support to do so.. looking like this

after its executed, go back into /data and find the "Exit Only Init.d" file ;) if its there your init.d is working....
    Goodly can u make comadose work with 4.3? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

yup.

~Working ComaDose for 4.3~

View attachment ComaDose_V2.1_4.3.zip
    Hi sounds great. Will it work on top of custom roms like Crash? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

its running on the s4 9500 (thread there as well) 9505 , S3, E4GT , Galaxy Nexus. it will work if the kernel / rom has init.d support. its had a few problems with already heavily modded roms.. working great on many different roms, by many different devs... init.d support is required.. flash and let me know fellas.. please allow a full charge cycle before battery concerns.. (this is made to make your phone sleep like a baby, live wallpapers, widgets and other factors WILL affect battery life)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
    Lol. Ask, and ye shall recieve. ;)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2