Originally Posted by zoultrex
Exactly, subscribing here to see future updates from you.
BTW, did you by any chance figured out how to make it work for you?
Hey sorry for the late reply but yes I made it work but only because I wanted to install a custom rom anyways.
Check this steps. I obtained root with fully working good battery lasting custom rom:
what helped me get there:
1. install stock 5.1.1. with sony companion
2. install KingRoot and let it obtain root
3. download NUT Recovery from homepage and run the install.bat on a windows machine, select the first option (Install it on a xperia device with SuperSU)
4. grand ADB root priveliges in KingRoot (since SuperSU is not installed and I wasn't able to exchange KingRoot for SuperSU)
5. as soon as Nut Recovery is installed I was able to go into TWRP and install the ROM according to instructions in first post
Bootloader still locked =)
You can find further information in the rom's respective thread:
Hope this helps
As for your question: I never tried stock 5.1.1. With root but I suggest it will have worse battery then the linked custom rom