Phone shows no network with working sim card in it!!

Search This thread

ronnyzilker

Sep 23, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
So I have a Note 2 and a HTC one, for about three weeks I used my HTC one and then i switched back to my note 2. Yesterday I wanted to use my HTC one but every time I insert the sim card I get a no service message. what can I do to fix this?
I did not root the phone BTW.

alfredob1

Nov 12, 2008
Bucks County, PA
Have you found a resolution? I just ran into the same problem. :( Phone was working great, then one Sunday afternoon it just stopped getting a signal. It's not the SIM as it works fine in my old SGSII (had to make SIM adapter). I am rooted and unlocked and running non stock recovery but still on stock kernel/radio. Haven't contacted HTC yet for obvious reasons. ;)

Reactions: Jolocoronel03

BableMan

I've had this happen a lot with my phone on tmobile. I live in a concrete basement apartment where there's no reception and if the phone goes more than 15 hours without any signal I almost always(80%ish) have to call tmobile and have them deactivate/reactivate the sim from their end.

A fix you can try that they swear "usually works" is go to settings/mobile data/network operators/search automatically

If that doesn't work then try settings/mobile data/access point names/menu/reset to default

Apparently these settings can be reset pretty easily when the phone doesn't connect to a network for a bit, but all this might just be a tmobile thing :)

Reactions: kasunika

dvdfan

May 3, 2009
I have a bit different problem - I bought HTC One from T-mobile and unlocked it. I tooked it with me to Europe and device does work with american sim (ATT and TMO) but it wont recognize any of my national carriers. Insterting simcards(perfectly working) does not give me reception or anything. Sim cards are the same thing in EU and US I think - also those are GSM phones. I have friends having same problems with their S4 from AT&T in Europe. Does anybody know something to help make this device work?

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
OP - this happened to my Wife's phone for no apparent reason one day. I simply removed & reinserted the SIM and rebooted a couple of times, hasn't had a problem since.

dvdfan

May 3, 2009
I have a bit different problem - I bought HTC One from T-mobile and unlocked it. I tooked it with me to Europe and device does work with american sim (ATT and TMO) but it wont recognize any of my national carriers. Insterting simcards(perfectly working) does not give me reception or anything. Sim cards are the same thing in EU and US I think - also those are GSM phones. I have friends having same problems with their S4 from AT&T in Europe. Does anybody know something to help make this device work?

I changed my SIM for a new one. Seems like a new SIM cards are a bit different from the old ones because after I did that I had no problems

Wysłane z mojego HTC One przy użyciu Tapatalk 4

Goofy317

Nov 27, 2010
Minneapolis
Same problem here. I am on paranoid android though so maybe that has something to do with it. When I go into the settings to connect to the t mobile network, it says "your sim card is not authorized" or something like that. Maybe it's cuz I haven't paid my bill for 2 months? Lol but I don't think that's reason for them to block my sim :/

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Apr 18, 2009
EPTX
I had the same problem and I had to restart my phone sometimes several times a day, sometimes I had to remove the sim card enclosure and reinsert it in order for my phone to get a signal. So I contacted HTC and they told me that I probably had a defective sim card enclosure so they sent me a new one. After I installed the new sim card enclosure with the same sim card I had before the problem went away. I've been without any problems for the past four months or so since I got the replacement sim enclosure

Shane_pcs

Jul 16, 2009
type *#*#4636#*#* -> phone information -> make sure GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto selected and Turn off radio

If you see turn on radio click that to turn on the radio. Is some cases the radio gets turned off and a reboot doesnt fix. This is the only way I know to recover it.

Reactions: dejoxy and J_M_V_S

Stranyer

Nov 18, 2011
I've this same issue!

Did anybody found a solution?? I already tried everything... but seems like the phone is not blacklisted.. in case it is, something I can do? besides change my IMEI.

Thanks!!

ayo234

Nov 21, 2012
I've this same issue!

Did anybody found a solution?? I already tried everything... but seems like the phone is not blacklisted.. in case it is, something I can do? besides change my IMEI.

Thanks!!

Make sure your Apn is set up correctly. If you go to settings>Mobile Data>APN you can see your apn and compare it to other tmoblie ones

jalil155

May 10, 2015
No network on my htc one m7

Please I need help. My HTC one m7 which is unlocked is continuously dropping the network. I have less than 3 hours network a day. I have done system reboot severally but its not fixing the problem. Please someone should help me.

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar
type *#*#4636#*#* -> phone information -> make sure GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto selected and Turn off radio

If you see turn on radio click that to turn on the radio. Is some cases the radio gets turned off and a reboot doesnt fix. This is the only way I know to recover it.

I know this is an old post, but I just had this problem and this solved the day! Thanks! (m7 Dual Sim)

Simkill666

Jul 31, 2016

Same issue with M9. Radio is off and pressing that button does nothing. Radio will not turn on. Any ideas?

Reactions: Hsuan24

bpkerai

Dec 9, 2016
i bought htc one M7 in kenya but it shows no service when i insert the working sim. please guide me on this.

dejoxy

Jan 10, 2014
Radio chip

I wonder if anyone can help please. My M7 can't connect to the network. The radio isn't turned off, I checked using the code given by Shane_pcs, so I know it is a hardware problem. I suspect the radio chip has worked loose somehow and isn't making contact like it should. Any tips on how to resolve this please? I have seen a tear down of the M7, but don't know if anyone on here has attempted to secure the radio chip before...not even sure what the chip itself looks like. Any ideas please? Thank you.

rodra_mishu

Sep 16, 2015

I tried to turn on radio but it isn't turn on...plz help me

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Same issue with M9. Radio is off and pressing that button does nothing. Radio will not turn on. Any ideas?

R u fix ur problem/?

kasunika

Sep 20, 2017
It worked!!

Thank u very much for the answer. I only tried 1st one and it worked!!!!! :good::eek::eek::eek:

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

I've had this happen a lot with my phone on tmobile. I live in a concrete basement apartment where there's no reception and if the phone goes more than 15 hours without any signal I almost always(80%ish) have to call tmobile and have them deactivate/reactivate the sim from their end.

A fix you can try that they swear "usually works" is go to settings/mobile data/network operators/search automatically

If that doesn't work then try settings/mobile data/access point names/menu/reset to default

Apparently these settings can be reset pretty easily when the phone doesn't connect to a network for a bit, but all this might just be a tmobile thing :)

Thank u very much for the answer. I only tried 1st one and it worked!!!!! :good::eek::eek::eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have you found a resolution? I just ran into the same problem. :( Phone was working great, then one Sunday afternoon it just stopped getting a signal. It's not the SIM as it works fine in my old SGSII (had to make SIM adapter). I am rooted and unlocked and running non stock recovery but still on stock kernel/radio. Haven't contacted HTC yet for obvious reasons. ;)