[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][N 7.1.2] AOKP-ROM [i9100][20180907]

Search This thread

linusdan

Mar 18, 2017
Salvador, BA
artededan.com
i9100
The proximity sensor always stops working when the device is restarted. Problem encountered in the last build.
The rest works very well!
Screenshots of yesterday's use related to the use of cargo listening to music and playing 2048.
Thanks noppy22! Don't stop the hard work!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170801-194509.png
    Screenshot_20170801-194509.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 621
  • Screenshot_20170801-194534.png
    Screenshot_20170801-194534.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 617
Reactions: noppy22

linusdan

Mar 18, 2017
Salvador, BA
artededan.com
i9100
Impressive that our S2 last that long. @linusdan

I was also impressed when I saw as lasted all this. Usually with nougat ROMS lasts between 4h ~ 4h30 without being using videos or streaming videos. With Spotify, lasts the as same time (I would send up a screenshot to show, but my premium spotify ended and the money too :( ). And my battery survives since 2012! I hope it continues like this =)

N

noppy22

Will this work on s2 korean converted to i9100? Thanks

I would assume it will work. Have you installed any other custom roms for the i9100? If yes, then this would be no different. It's up to you whether you want to risk trying to flash it....You still need to have a system partition at least 1gb, especially if you use gapps

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
I would assume it will work. Have you installed any other custom roms for the i9100? If yes, then this would be no different. It's up to you whether you want to risk trying to flash it....You still need to have a system partition at least 1gb, especially if you use gapps

thank you very much for the reply. Its my friend's and he's been rocking on stocked for so long. He said he did converted it to i9100 tho he never tried rooting it and changing the stocked recovery. so since rom was already converted I assume procedure for flashing TWRP be same with a legit I9100? anybody can confirm this? sorry for more questions.

N

noppy22

New build up
Changes:
- changed default governor back to ondemand(IMO, better battery life and stability with little difference in performance vs pegasusq)
- upstream changes
- minor app and framework fixes
- plus more

dutzmanbuzy

Oct 19, 2011
Thank you for your works, right now this ROM is my daily driver. ROM works good, smooth, and fast. Only minor problem I noticed is in the quick tiles setting, you can't drag the tiles far below to the top. It failed mid-dragging to the top. I noticed this problem also occured in RR before and it's fixed now in the latest version of RR if I'm remembering it right. Anyway, thank you for your works.

Reactions: noppy22

Senryu

Jun 23, 2012
Awesome! I'm flashing this :D

Got an S2 just yesterday as a backup phone because my Zenfone Zoom S is to be fixed under warranty (problem at the screen) I'll try to survive with this in the meantime =)

Senryu

Jun 23, 2012
It's all day long I'm trying to make it to work without success.

I do all the steps required in the guide, but when the process start the "Patching system image unconditionally" i freeze there at less than half the bar on the top of the screen.

Don't know what to do. Stock was working fine (4.1)

Apex Predator

Oct 15, 2011
It's all day long I'm trying to make it to work without success.

I do all the steps required in the guide, but when the process start the "Patching system image unconditionally" i freeze there at less than half the bar on the top of the screen.

Don't know what to do. Stock was working fine (4.1)

Have you re-pitted to increase the size of your system partition? These Nougat ROMs need at least 1GB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N
    noppy22
    aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps(optional)
    Reboot
    Root is enabled by default(no need to flash superSU/lineage addon-su)

Source code
    LineageOS
    AOKP
    Kernel:
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    noppy22
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS, AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2018-09-07

Created 2017-05-15
    Last Updated 2018-09-08
    N
    noppy22
    New build up
    Changelog:
    - Replaced Gello browser with Jelly (should be better for battery and ram on old device like ours)
    - Bug fixes (AudioFX, Clock, Camera; credits to Lineage team)
    - Updated sources
    - plus more
    N
    noppy22
    New build up
    Changes:
    - BLN/backlights disabled(rINanDO is working on it. BLN-mod/synapse doesn't work on this build)
    - Bug fixes from AOKP & Lineage
    - updated sources
    - plus more
    @lexus46
    I've looked at the problem with boot animations applying from substratum, and it seems like a selinux issue. You can try a permissive kernel, that would probably work, but for now selinux will remain enforcing on this rom for security reasons. Substratum themes seem to work well apart from this(I haven't tested extensively)
    N
    noppy22
    New build up
    Changes:
    - App fixes(Snap, Settings, Music, Gallery, etc)
    - Framework fixes
    - Device and kernel changes
    - BLN/BLNWW(not tested)
    - plus more

Backlights are still not working for me(the buttons work but no lights). I tried BLN-Mod 1.0.2 and synapse now works, but with missing menu items. Possibly BLN isn't functional either, I've yet to test.
    N
    noppy22
    New build up
    - December security patch
    - updated sources