[ROM] [7.1.2] [Snapdragon] [MultiVariant] [Unofficial] ResurrectionRemix [01/28/2018]

Search This thread

MyOnlineAccount

Jan 3, 2014
An official rom vs an unofficial rom build really doesnt mean much in the grand scheme of things. It amounts to being someones name on a roster of devs who most likely never met, never will, and really only care about the devices they support . lol its kinda like shopping at a pawn shop where the unofficial builds are concerned . No warranty as is but you might score somthing good cheap .

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

I think the easiest way is substratum

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Whats in oreo that you want? Xposed is working ;) usually possible to backport. I really didnt see anything that made me just have to have it but for all i know your waiting on some feature (there really isnt anything anywhere near as groundbreaking as the overhaul Marshmallow and nougat brought in ) that i could care less about. The other possibility is the device cant run oreo :( samsung isnt bringing anything note 5 and below up to nougat there may be a reason (im sure the reason is money point withdrawn)

Note 4 stopped updating at Android Marshmallow. I'm sure it can run on Android Oreo. However, I wasn't stating that with the impression of badly wanting Android Oreo, but just emphasizing that an update from June's build to fix bugs and such would be greatly appreciated. These ROMs are great undoubtedly and I've stated, I'd hate to see a good project abandoned.

mojoswagger1980

May 18, 2014
Note 4 stopped updating at Android Marshmallow. I'm sure it can run on Android Oreo. However, I wasn't stating that with the impression of badly wanting Android Oreo, but just emphasizing that an update from June's build to fix bugs and such would be greatly appreciated. These ROMs are great undoubtedly and I've stated, I'd hate to see a good project abandoned.
me too. this is the last of a line of kings that began with the note 2 (sch-i605) note 3 (900v) and the 910v . I own all 3. The notes are hands down my fav android device and verizon couldnt stop them from being great despite all the lame security. This being the last note the battery is removable on, id like to see it get oreo too. Xposed has given it a 2nd wind . it looked bleak but low and behold someone got it working. Now we just need a few modules to get updated and its on .

Last edited:
Reactions: MyOnlineAccount

bryguy9021

May 20, 2014
I'm running official RR 5.8.4 for the n910f on my n910v. It was a. It tricky you need to flash the TWRP for the n910f, but otherwise easy flashing. The cameras are worse, I've been using a port of the One Plus 5 camera app and it works wonderfully. Probably better than SnapCam did on the unofficial. Magisk is build in so PoGo and Android Pay work out of the box. However I still fail to get Snapchat to work.

i am also using a verizon varient unlocked on tmobile network. currently running unlocked mashmellow base with nougat rom (this) supersu and xposed. how is ur setup going? xposed compatible with magisk?

superhappyfun

Sep 8, 2016
I have the Verizon version of the Galaxy Note 4 and I tried this build by hsbadr and his EmotionOS build. The 7.1.2 version of both of these have inoperable cameras. The camera force closes and says "media server died". Anyone have a work around for this?

dandydon414

Apr 28, 2012
I have the Verizon version of the Galaxy Note 4 and I tried this build by hsbadr and his EmotionOS build. The 7.1.2 version of both of these have inoperable cameras. The camera force closes and says "media server died". Anyone have a work around for this?

I read somewhere that the Oneplus 5 camera works for these roms

superhappyfun

Sep 8, 2016
I read somewhere that the Oneplus 5 camera works for these roms

I don't understand this reply. Are you saying I can install the camera app for the Oneplus 5 phone? I can't find it in the app store.

What I'm saying is that both of hsbadr builds, this one and the Emotionos 7.1.2 have non-functioning cameras on my Galaxy Note 4.

dandydon414

Apr 28, 2012
I don't understand this reply. Are you saying I can install the camera app for the Oneplus 5 phone? I can't find it in the app store.

What I'm saying is that both of hsbadr builds, this one and the Emotionos 7.1.2 have non-functioning cameras on my Galaxy Note 4.
Just installed emotion rom and the camera failed......I installed the oneplus 5 it and both cameras worked for bit then started failing....guess what I read about the oneplus cam was inaccurate. maybe it'll work for you....I've attached it

Attachments

• camera_op5_signed.apk
    7.5 MB · Views: 47

dkahs23

Aug 10, 2011
I have been using this ROM for a while. And both of my cameras work. The only problem I have is intermittent reboots

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

superhappyfun

Sep 8, 2016
I have been using this ROM for a while. And both of my cameras work. The only problem I have is intermittent reboots

I've been trying to solve this problem for quite some time now. For some reason no camera apps work on my phone. I tried some of the more useless tips such as clearing the camera cache, rebooting, etc. None of that worked. Every alternative camera app I found on the Google Play store also does not work. It's really strange. I tried rolling back to the RR-N-v5.8.2-20170401-trltevzw-Unofficial build. The camera did work on that one, but then crashed after a few minutes.

dkahs23

Aug 10, 2011
I've been trying to solve this problem for quite some time now. For some reason no camera apps work on my phone. I tried some of the more useless tips such as clearing the camera cache, rebooting, etc. None of that worked. Every alternative camera app I found on the Google Play store also does not work. It's really strange. I tried rolling back to the RR-N-v5.8.2-20170401-trltevzw-Unofficial build. The camera did work on that one, but then crashed after a few minutes.

I hate to ask a silly question but when you wiped before install did you do a full wipe including the internal storage? If you did all of the that I would redo the whole process of rolling back to stock and rerooting.. I know it sux but if you missed a step that might be your problem.

superhappyfun

Sep 8, 2016
I hate to ask a silly question but when you wiped before install did you do a full wipe including the internal storage? If you did all of the that I would redo the whole process of rolling back to stock and rerooting.. I know it sux but if you missed a step that might be your problem.

That is not a silly question at all. When I installed this ROM I did not clear the internal storage, I only wiped dalvik/data/system/cache. I left internal storage and microSD unchecked. I'll give it a shot ASAP and report back.

dkahs23

Aug 10, 2011
That is not a silly question at all. When I installed this ROM I did not clear the internal storage, I only wiped dalvik/data/system/cache. I left internal storage and microSD unchecked. I'll give it a shot ASAP and report back.
Don't clear your external SD though

superhappyfun

Sep 8, 2016
Don't clear your external SD though

No worries, I didn't. I wiped everything except the microSD card and reinstalled but I still have the same problem. It seems that a lot of people with the Verizon version are able to flash this just fine without any problems. I wonder what I've done wrong. The ROM doesn't seem to have any bugs except this one.

Last edited:

SuperECR33

Sep 24, 2017
I've actually got the same camera problem. I have found however that if I switch to front camera before the app shows camera as inop it will switch to front camera and work just fine. But as soon as you swap back to the rear camera it crashes. I just came over from Nseven ROM so I did a clean step by step install. I used RR ROM before and had no problem with camera.

Last edited:

mrdreamers

Oct 16, 2009
Texas
My battery only will charge to 77%, I'll leave it all night and its still the same I've replaced the battery so I know that's not it, tho when I first replaced the battery it did charge to 100% only that once rest 77%, what can I do to get 100% back?

Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Top Liked Posts