Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 for ZE552KL and ZE520KL

Search This thread

arkansis

Feb 22, 2015
Paris
What did you think about the Xiaomi Mi A1 ?
The xda forum is started with this phone and I'm pretty shure the dev community became better than the Zenfone 3.

sontranngoc

Aug 31, 2017
With stock rom, the battery will fall to 15% after maximum 30 hours. Now with Lineage OS, the battery drop only 50% after the same time with the same using.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171004-155355.png
    Screenshot_20171004-155355.png
    226.9 KB · Views: 150

mdigiacomi

Oct 4, 2017
Aurora
basenode is no more.... I am now mdigiacomi

HEllo All,

Basenode is no more.... I am now mdigiacomi partially because this ID is more me. Basenode is a very old handle for me and I thought it was time for a change.

Sorry for the radio silence. I am still here and needed some time away forum to figure out some things with regards to the rom without all the noise. I'm getting close to a final build of cm 14.1 that I am happy with before I jump head on into Lineage 15.0. Last night I straightened out some bugs and am testing a new build. It should fix most of the gps issue and give you the same battery expectations as the last good build. Will upload soon to general public. There is still a lot to do but I'm hoping we can figure this out together. I am also excited to have a decent build of the latest viperos. most of the changes I made should be portable from one rom to the next.

You can love me or hate me but right now I'm the only one working on this phone. So be nice and I will try to keep a more steady stream of fixes and changes coming.

arkansis

Feb 22, 2015
Paris
Thank you very much for your working ! It's true, without you we must stay to stock rom and the stock rom is so bad with ZenUI.
I'm so happy for this futur release :)

Chakari

Dec 16, 2013
Bayburt
ZE552KL isn't good.

Hi,
There are some problems.
1 - Sound is not as high as in the original rom.
2 - Color quality in the games is very bad.
3 - Games and applications sometimes slow down.
4 - Mac address is not real.

It does not make sense to use it unless the official rom is released.

Bye.

sontranngoc

Aug 31, 2017
HEllo All,

Basenode is no more.... I am now mdigiacomi partially because this ID is more me. Basenode is a very old handle for me and I thought it was time for a change.

Sorry for the radio silence. I am still here and needed some time away forum to figure out some things with regards to the rom without all the noise. I'm getting close to a final build of cm 14.1 that I am happy with before I jump head on into Lineage 15.0. Last night I straightened out some bugs and am testing a new build. It should fix most of the gps issue and give you the same battery expectations as the last good build. Will upload soon to general public. There is still a lot to do but I'm hoping we can figure this out together. I am also excited to have a decent build of the latest viperos. most of the changes I made should be portable from one rom to the next.

You can love me or hate me but right now I'm the only one working on this phone. So be nice and I will try to keep a more steady stream of fixes and changes coming.
When the phone startup, it shows an errors. And sometimes shows System.UI error.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171002-192129.jpg
    Screenshot_20171002-192129.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 130

mdigiacomi

Oct 4, 2017
Aurora
Hi,
There are some problems.
1 - Sound is not as high as in the original rom.
2 - Color quality in the games is very bad.
3 - Games and applications sometimes slow down.
4 - Mac address is not real.

It does not make sense to use it unless the official rom is released.

Bye.

What Official Rom? Like Asus? or Official Lineage

mdigiacomi

Oct 4, 2017
Aurora
Official Lineage rom.

I'm sorry you don't like the direction this rom is going in. Unfortunately for LineageOS to be truly functional long term I have to cut ties with the Asus dependencies. Which is probably why some of the color shift has happened. Shakalaca did a good job on his version of this from but it was heavily dependent on Asus proprietary code. Something that is not easily ported to newer versions. Ultimately I'm developing this rom for me and for my needs, pure and simple. I choose to share it and get feedback from the community and am working on some ideas but ultimately it comes down to my priorities. If this doesn't jive with people they are happy to return to stock no issue.

Why is everyone obsessed with Official. Why do you think would develop an official ROM? Most likely still me.

Problems with Official for me:
  1. I have to rely on shared hardware to build. The build queue is very long and I have the resources/servers to build this myself very quickly from scratch(<25 mins for full build)
  2. I would have to break up my viper and lineage development into seperate repos. I kind of like having them on seperate branches. Makes for easy merges.
  3. I build sometimes 15x a day. Kind of a problem if I use shared hardware
  4. The Build pipeline I setup makes it easy for me to build multiple versions of Lineage so I can test difference changes and features.

Reactions: Chakari

CygnusBlack

Feb 20, 2011

Hate you?
You're a godsend man.
BTW, thanks for replying to my email here.
As I told you, I can't wait to install a stable version of LOS, hopefully before ZenUI 4.0 arrives :p
Sure, ZenUI is nice but ASUS way of dealing with Nougat is broken. Can't even use an app that simulates Ambient Display, a feature that I dearly miss.
Anyway, keep up the good work. You're our only hope.

Chakari

Dec 16, 2013
Bayburt
I'm sorry you don't like the direction this rom is going in. Unfortunately for LineageOS to be truly functional long term I have to cut ties with the Asus dependencies. Which is probably why some of the color shift has happened. Shakalaca did a good job on his version of this from but it was heavily dependent on Asus proprietary code. Something that is not easily ported to newer versions. Ultimately I'm developing this rom for me and for my needs, pure and simple. I choose to share it and get feedback from the community and am working on some ideas but ultimately it comes down to my priorities. If this doesn't jive with people they are happy to return to stock no issue.

Why is everyone obsessed with Official. Why do you think would develop an official ROM? Most likely still me.

Problems with Official for me:
  1. I have to rely on shared hardware to build. The build queue is very long and I have the resources/servers to build this myself very quickly from scratch(<25 mins for full build)
  2. I would have to break up my viper and lineage development into seperate repos. I kind of like having them on seperate branches. Makes for easy merges.
  3. I build sometimes 15x a day. Kind of a problem if I use shared hardware
  4. The Build pipeline I setup makes it easy for me to build multiple versions of Lineage so I can test difference changes and features.

I do not speak English, but as far as I know, you're doing it all by yourself, and your job is really hard.
I hope you do better.

angeloamorato

Jun 9, 2016
HEllo All,

Ohhh yeah hahahaha..... Im waiting to new update and your promise that you will release the new version this is the best rom for ze552kl than stock ..stock camera is workwell hmm only error is when i screen shot there is error in fb when i sharing it... ...
Haaha anyway im only sharing ... Other than that no bugs :)
Thanks bro :) GodBless :)

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Thanks to this rom :)

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Thanks to this rom :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    basenode is no more.... I am now mdigiacomi

HEllo All,

giphy.gif

New Version is out. GPS Should be fixed. Updated with latest security patches. Removed lots of Asus Specific binaries.

Used with caution. I've been running this since the morning. Seems okay for me.

ViperOS is coming soon... Uploading...
    What happen to our dev? Im watching to his trello but still no changes or update ... He is busy?
    Take your time bro...
    Thanks

What have I done since October 4th:
    1. Released the latest version(lineage-cm-14.1-cleanup-201710042222-UNOFFICIAL-Z017.zip)
    2. Reverted some apks
    3. Merged in Vendor Files from latest releade - build new version - soooo many issues.
    4. Created the Trello Board
    5. Setting Up a better Release Location - No More Google Drive
    6. Tried to Build Lineage 15 - fixed 15 build issues... still a W.I.P
    7. Sick for 2 days
    @basenode this is asus camera I took from zenfone 3 zoom, it has newer ui design and works normally on my zenfone 3: no lib error, all modes except 1080p60fps works. It includes new bspcapability to enable 60fps, continuous auto focus option in camera setting. Can you replace this with your old one and try to fix this prob?
    Flashable zip: https://www.mediafire.com/file/cd7t5mcdt24tx5x/AsusCamera.zip
    Here

Fixed the phone call issue... New version available