FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

View Poll Results: What, If Any Other Tutorials Would You Like Me To Make?

Tutorial on setting up and using ADB

380 Vote(s)
53.00%
Creating flashable .zips to be used in recovery

402 Vote(s)
56.07%
Whatever I want!

165 Vote(s)
23.01%
Nothing! I make terrible useless guides!

23 Vote(s)
3.21%

[Guide] How To Setup And Use Fastboot

6,858 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,768

By demkantor, Recognized Contributor on 13th May 2013, 07:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th October 2017, 10:07 PM |#491  
Flag San Salvador
Thanks Meter: 29

More
As i told you before, the problem is to boot into fastboot,
taken from this post (thread you linked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

Now try typing
Code:

fastboot devices

...and nothing will happen, Why? because there isn't a device attached. Make sure you have android debugging turned on in your phone (not really needed for fastboot but you do need for ADB), plug it into your computer and boot into fastboot mode. On many phones hold volume down while powering on, if this wont bring you to bootloader mode then see your device specific forum, if we cant boot into fastboot we are not able even to try to unlock the bootloader

If you manage to get into fastboot you should try to check your device status

--LOCK BOOTLOADER
fastboot oem lock

--CHECK STATUS
fastboot oem device-info

--UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
fastboot oem unlock

16th October 2017, 05:54 PM |#492  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How to Create a Fastboot Rom ?
Bro can you make a Tutorial to make a Fastboot Rom from a Newly Purchased just-unboxed-phone ?

Whether creating this Fastboot Rom will restore the warranty if fastbooted ?

All I just want to ask that if a person fastboots this Rom, will it make the phone free from all changes (changes means Unlocking Bootloader, Installing Custom Recovery and Custom Roms, etc.) and restore the phone in it's original state ?
17th October 2017, 01:59 AM |#493  
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjai

Bro can you make a Tutorial to make a Fastboot Rom from a Newly Purchased just-unboxed-phone ?

All I just want to ask that if a person fastboots this Rom, will it make the phone free from all changes (changes means Unlocking Bootloader, Installing Custom Recovery and Custom Roms, etc.) and restore the phone in it's original state ?

I don't think you understand what fastboot is. Google is your friend. Or just read the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeDread11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JudgeDread11 Ad-Free
17th October 2017, 06:37 AM |#494  
Flag Girona
Thanks Meter: 154

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjai

-you need to google how to do a stock rom dump without root using-

miracle box
The Following User Says Thank You to KevMetal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KevMetal Ad-Free
11th November 2017, 12:13 PM |#495  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 7

More
If the bootloader is locked, will I be able to flash and erase? Why I have supposedly locked bootloader (SECURE_BOOT: Enabled) but can erase partitions?
11th November 2017, 07:33 PM |#496  
Flag Girona

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncatcher16

If the bootloader is locked, will I be able to flash and erase? Why I have supposedly locked bootloader (SECURE_BOOT: Enabled) but can erase partitions?

You can flash signed firmware so in the same way you can erase partitions if you want to install signed firmware ....bootloader locked doesn't mean you can't erase or flash device ...it means you can erase and flash only firmware signed by manufacturer therefore secure as in unmodified firmware ...theoretically you can do this because if you use official firmware you will need to sign into your google account to restore ... For a clean install is working 100% ..that is why you need to IMEI block stolen devices on the network because you can flash to factory if a phone was stolen . factory erase protection from google can ask for password before resetting or from booting into factory erased phone ..etc ..but in simple terms a locked bootloader means locked to unsigned firmware ..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevMetal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KevMetal Ad-Free
11th November 2017, 08:23 PM |#497  
Flag Kyiv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMetal

You can flash signed firmware so in the same way you can erase partitions if you want to install signed firmware ....bootloader locked doesn't mean you can't erase or flash device ...it means you can erase and flash only firmware signed by manufacturer therefore secure as in unmodified firmware ...theoretically you can do this because if you use official firmware you will need to sign into your google account to restore ... For a clean install is working 100% ..that is why you need to IMEI block stolen devices on the network because you can flash to factory if a phone was stolen . factory erase protection from google can ask for password before resetting or from booting into factory erased phone ..etc ..but in simple terms a locked bootloader means locked to unsigned firmware ..

Ok. Thanks for your response.
So if I have backup of my partitions (.img) created by dd command from stock (but rooted stock!) does it treated as signed or unsigned?
I am trying to flash my bricked Dell tablet and get FAILED (remote: flash_cmds error!) error on system.img. I cannot figure out whether it's because of locked bootloader or there's another reason.

For example, when I tried flashall command, other partitions supposedly (did they?) flashed fine:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flashall
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
Invalid sparse file format at header magi
--------------------------------------------
Bootloader Version...: 2.0
Baseband Version.....:
Serial Number........:
--------------------------------------------
sending 'boot' (32768 KB)...
OKAY [  0.853s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [  1.008s]
sending 'recovery' (32768 KB)...
OKAY [  0.828s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.985s]
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [  0.071s]
sending sparse 'system' 1/3 (467693 KB)...
OKAY [ 12.621s]
writing 'system' 1/3...
FAILED (remote: flash_cmds error!
)
finished. total time: 16.587s
Don't pay attention to sparse file error, later I compressed my img with sparse converter and got the same error.
12th November 2017, 01:28 AM |#498  
Flag Girona

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok. Thanks for your response.
So if I have backup of my partitions (.img) created by dd command from stock (but rooted stock!) does it treated as signed or unsigned?
I am trying to flash my bricked Dell tablet and get FAILED (remote: flash_cmds error!) error on system.img. I cannot figure out whether it's because of locked bootloader or there's another reason.

For example, when I tried flashall command, other partitions supposedly (did they?) flashed fine:

Don't pay attention to sparse file error, later I compressed my img with sparse converter and got the same error.

Have you tried booting into recovery ? If you get success for boot and recovery , you can boot into recovery and use a update.zip to restore to stock ...

Try running a getvar all in fastboot to get all your info ..

I am not certain but on a locked bootloader a modified ( rooted) firmware would not flash cos it would be a modified ie insecure image

Your problem here is you rooted using an exploit in android os so when you pulled a backup after rooting you were pulling a modified image

You need to flash a custom recovery
Or
Download official firmware UNMODIFIED
Or
Try to unlock bootloader by running fastboot OEM unlock ( you can lock it Again after flashing firmware )
12th November 2017, 02:46 PM |#499  
Flag Kyiv

More
Quote:

Have you tried booting into recovery ? If you get success for boot and recovery, you can boot into recovery and use a update.zip to restore to stock ...

I cannot. On VolUp+Power I get into the preBoot check where eMMC check fails. On VolDown+Power I get into Dell BIOS. There is no built-in recovery here.
Quote:

Try running a getvar all in fastboot to get all your info ..

This is what I get

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) partition-type:logs: ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:logs: 0x0000000010000000
(bootloader) partition-type:panic: raw
(bootloader) partition-size:panic: 0x0000000002000000
(bootloader) partition-type:factory: ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:factory: 0x0000000008000000
(bootloader) partition-type:ESP: vfat
(bootloader) partition-size:ESP: 0x0000000004000000
(bootloader) partition-type:boot: hidden
(bootloader) partition-size:boot: 0x0000000002000000
(bootloader) partition-type:recovery: hidden
(bootloader) partition-size:recovery: 0x0000000002000000
(bootloader) partition-type:fastboot: hidden
(bootloader) partition-size:fastboot: 0x0000000002000000
(bootloader) partition-type:persistent: emmc
(bootloader) partition-size:persistent: 0x0000000000100000
(bootloader) partition-type:misc: emmc
(bootloader) partition-size:misc: 0x0000000000100000
(bootloader) partition-type:config: ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:config: 0x0000000000800000
(bootloader) partition-type:cache: ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:cache: 0x00000000c0000000
(bootloader) partition-type:system: ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:system: 0x00000000c0000000
(bootloader) partition-type:data: ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:data: 0x0000000206df6e00
(bootloader) partition-type:mnt/sdcard1: vfat
(bootloader) partition-size:mnt/sdcard1: 0x000000075ce00000
(bootloader) max-download-size: 536870912
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.0
(bootloader) kernel: droidboot
(bootloader) product: baytrail
all:
finished. total time: 0.121s
Quote:

Try to unlock bootloader by running fastboot OEM unlock ( you can lock it Again after flashing firmware )

Doesn't work. I get

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: unknown OEM command)
finished. total time: 0.031s
12th November 2017, 03:56 PM |#500  
Flag Girona

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I cannot. On VolUp+Power I get into the oreBoot check where eMMC check fails. On VolDown+Power I get into Dell BIOS. There is not built-in recovery here.

This is what I get

Doesn't work. I get

Mmmm in this case use Dell restore from Bios for tablets official instructions on Dell website.

If you can get into Dell Bios you can recover using official Dell recovery image + methods ...
12th November 2017, 04:14 PM |#501  
Flag Kyiv

More
Quote:

If you can get into Dell Bios you can recover using official Dell recovery image + methods ...

None. Nothing on their site, neither images nor guides.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)