[CLOSED] [APP][4.0.3+ & GB][XPOSED] BootManager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
@Cultar: I never used CM PrivacyGuard, so i cant tell difference or how PG does it. In case it just removes the permission, it could cause problems with apps.
Example with other removed permission: In Play Store Console i have some "reports of app crashes" by various of my apps because "vibrate" wanted be used, and my app has not the permission - but i'm sure my apps have the permission in manifest so it was "somehow" removed.
A "count" of allow/deny does not make sense imho .. the event to load at boot occurs exactly 1 time while booting the device. And so allow or deny counter increments as you selected

Reactions: Cultar

xSynatiC

Mar 1, 2016
Autostart

@SDMU: This app does not need root, just Xposed.
hi
I'm using your app on OxygenOs(Android 6.0.1) (Root and xposed ofcourse) but one app still starts on boot.
The app is called "Pavlok". Bootmanager doesn't seem to work with this app.
I also installed RecieverStop.
It show me those recievers :
android.appwidget.action.APPWIDGET_ENABLED
android.appwidget.action.APPWIDGET_UPDATE
com.google.android.c2dm.intent.RECIEVE
com.google.android.c2dm.intent.REGISTRATION

is one of the recievers causing the autostart?

TramSK

Apr 8, 2017
Bratislava
yeapguy.gq
This module causes bootloop on my device (Samsung Galaxy S3 i-9300) with CM13. I know it 100% because this is only module i have and Xposed without modules don't caused me bootloop... Please fix it. (Can that be caused by putting BootManager into password protected folder?)

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
@TramSK: I'm using CM on ym S4active, so the module should work with CM. Maybe you some other module does cause crash if it is also enabled while this is enabled?
@xSynatiC: The both APPWIDGET are for updating widgets if some are added to launcer. c2dm is for "Google Cloud Messaging" and the app could be triggered by the app developer over the internet, eg the app should fetch some news or updates and then maybe show notification etc.
If you dont need/use them, just diable

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
@TramSK: First, please check if the apk is corrupt. The 1st line in the log should contain -9a4d667d2130d84a9e9c1711747286c5-
Then if you have a computer attached by usb, try to get a logcat during crash if you are able.
And if some "weired crashes" occur with Xposed, it is a good idea to clear dalvik/art cache in recovery, the device rebuild on next start

Apr 19, 2016
PDX
For anyone else who has torn out their hair trying to find how to manually enable fastboot (because it is not documented anywhere online, in the Play store, Xposed repo, or even defim's own web site) use a recovery terminal or adb to create the file "/data/data/de.defim.apk.bootmanager/files/BootManager.fastboot"

I had to dig out an old device, flash an OS to it, and install Xposed and Boot Manager to find this instruction. On a device that does not have Xposed installed (like anything running Nougat!), BootManager crashes when trying to access Menu/Settings. Menu/About works fine, curiously, but Settings causes the app to close.

I would strongly suggest adding this bit of information to the top post, defim.

Apr 19, 2016
PDX
@sewalk927@gmail.com: Thx, i've added the fastboot file name to the changelog (v1.3.3) of BootManager, this is synced to the webseite
Most of my apps crashes on Nougat in settings, because the way Xposed uses SharedPreferences, see https://xdaforums.com/xposed/development/modeworldreadable-android-n-t3407123
As there is no Xposed for Nougat yet, i've not fixed it :)

I was looking for a fast way to access settings and only had Nougat devices at hand. I was hoping that I could just install Bootmanager anyway and at least look at settings for the info, but, as you said, Xposed doesn't allow for that. Thanks for making this easier for the next person who needs this feature!

dragunbayne

Jul 3, 2008
@dragunbayne: "stable" Xposed is very new, the unofficial worked but not so good. And additional the Samsung/Touchwiz Xposed is still not stable (afaik)

I am on the the new 88.1. You are correct it is known to cause bootloops on Samsung. As far as I can tell that is only if you aren't using a deodexed ROM though. Being deodexed eliminates the ART issue that causes the bootloops. I have not gotten to try again, I should be able to today. Thanks!

dragunbayne

Jul 3, 2008
It did the same thing again. On first reboot after enabling the module it eventually froze (always within 1-2 minutes). It then went to Upload mode, upon which I forced a reboot. This time though I did not immediately go to disable the module, I just kind of went with it. It seems fine so far, I will update if I find out anything more.

Reactions: hawki

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
Hm, maybe its a issue of the art cache? If you enable/disable an module, the hooked apps need a recompile after the next reboot. It could help if you enable/disable a module, goto revocery and clear cache... The problem is only wiht BootManager? No other apps have the same? Not even other apps by me?

Reactions: RootedLee

NeuDroid

Jan 14, 2015
Having an issue and hoping for advice. I just rooted my LGV20 H918 variant after reverting back to H91810J and I'm running Xposed 88.2 along with some modules like youtube adaway that work fine. When trying to install Bootmanager via Xposed, I get a "app appears to be corrupt" notice so I can't install it. When I try installing Bootmanager via Play Store I end up getting a 504 error so the app won't install either. I've cleared dalvik/cache and problem still persists. Any suggestions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Run only the apps you want at system start.
    With this app modul you could prevent selected apps of running on system startup. Only apps with the permission BOOT_COMPLETED are shown in the list. System apps are marked with an exclamation mark.
    To restrict system apps you have to donate. ReceiverStop accepts this donate key too!

Important:
    This app needs the Xposed Framework. The framework requires root access for installation. Don't forget to enable the module in Xposed. You can grab it here: Xposed Installer

Donation:
    • No self-promotion in the app.
    • System apps could also be selected
    • You support this app and further development!
    Play Store: http://tinyurl.com/nfd3ftm
    Xposed Repository: http://tinyurl.com/ogfq3t7
    Changelog: http://tinyurl.com/k75vfbv

My personal intension to create this app:
    IMHO the best way to prevent apps from beeing executed at sytsem startup is with Xposed - and there was now module/app available. So i created one :)

Translation:
    You could find here a interface to translate the english strings: http://tinyurl.com/okycacj
    A free account of www.oneskyapp.com is required to edit. Additional, please attach your email address or send it via PM ;)

Description for non-developers:
    Each app with permission "android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" is placed in a (Windows slang) "startup folder". For my 200 installed apps that are about 33%. On system boot every of these apps gets started. Possible options:
    • app shows a notification
    • app starts a (hidden) service in background
    • app exits again (eg user has set an option)
    If you disable an app in the BootManager it does not get that event and is not started at next system boot.

ReceiverStop
    An app still starts at system boot? Android has many other events which could start an app!
    Example: Skype has the permission "android.permission.MOUNT_UNMOUNT_FILESYSTEMS". This means, (again Windows slang) if you insert a DVD into you drive, "autorun" is executed and starts Skype.
    Note: As your sd-card is mostly always inserted, this could be used to start apps at system boot....

Other triggers are: A BlueTooth device (dis-)connect, connection type changes (2g/3g/wlan) or power adapter is (un-)plugged.
    All these could be restriced with my other app "ReceiverStop". Be carefull and do not disable the wrong.
    Btw, ReceiverStop accepts also the donate key of BootManager.
    @NeuDroid: You have other apps by me installed? Some are "patched"? Thats the problem.. All apps by the same developer (exactly with the same certifcate signed) can not have different signatures. Try to uninstall the modified :)
    @M@ssy & @svil3 Yes, I'm working on an update
    @chester.anjan: As nobody complained, it seems :) Nougat support was added some weeks ago
    I use multiple apps made by defim. It's one of the many reasons why I am still on Nougat. I would consider jumping ship and moving to Oreo if these apps by defim got updated.

Me too. But since LineageOS moved all my devices to Oreo I had little choice if I still want to get updates ;).

None the less it *is* possible to live without some of the Xposed modules I used. Defims Bootmanager and LightningWall are substitutable. (AFWall+ and AppOpps (mentioned two postings above). While AFWall+ has a supporting Xposed Module, AppOpps is more inconvinient if you do not want to purchase it. (But it is very cheap to buy ;)) You can override the autostart permission. But you have to do it app by app. If you use the payed version, you can sort by permission and add the autostart permission as a sorting option. Then it is quite as good as Boot Manager.

But I still miss a working ProtectedApps. But Oreo has something now. And there is also a "fork" of Xprivacy (PrivacyLua) aviable.

It would be really nice of defim[1] if he would clarify from time to time if he is still working on Oreo or if his modules are "dead". Right now it feels like rovos work on Xposed for Nougat and Oreo ;)

[1] @defim: Please do not confuse it with a request for an ETA! But as a donator I think it would be fair to know if waiting for it is an option. I would rather not use your modules at all if you only continue developing because of your donators. Your software has done a good service for many years and that was much more worth for 10 € that most of the other software I paid for ;). But I would love to switch back to your modules - just because they are easy(er) to use than most other bloated Apps.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=58832262

Good method for permanent permissive mode on boot. Works well with this module

Sent from my Nexus 5

Next release 3.1 does also support enforcing mode