FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Everyone Having Baseband Problems, Look Here.

522 posts
Thanks Meter: 200

By ykumar00, Senior Member on 31st January 2013, 08:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd February 2013, 07:00 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
ok cool thanks wasnt sure

2nd February 2013, 12:08 PM |#12  
Flag LAhore
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaKH

Don't really know but I would use the ku5900 baseband even then the only one I know is the korean v30i.
Well I hope somebody knows it for sure, I just wanted to say that I first flashed the baseband from N00BY and I found out that it is even better with CM10 and I even had Zeus 7.06 on my OB with the new baseband and there was absolutly np.
BTW baseband is NOT stored with a nandroid, because I flashed the new baseband and after that I went back to a older CM10 nandroid and had a different baseband than a few weeks ago, it even said V30b baseband.

SO it means after converting mu ku5900 into p970 by flashing patched V20B bin...i can install Cm10 and zues without flashing any baseband????
2nd February 2013, 08:57 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwyim

Is that mean we can install the baseband that suits for my region into ICS by using the .fls file generated from a GB rom for my region?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykumar00

Well, then. Nooby said that baseband is same for all versions. Try flashing any v30 baseband

as i understand this i can use baseband from older version of android, if that is correct - can i take a v10e baseband and put it with IZS or marvel v10 or nemesis x ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodga

Hi all

Tried flashing the baseband posted in huexx's thread and this one
The process works fine and says completed
But when I go to settings/about/baseband it shows xmm6160
Is this correct?

I'm not sure if this right, can someone please check there's and let me know what theirs is or what mine should be?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykumar00

It's okay, just check gps/call/sms works flawlessly....

i have on my OB the same baseband like rodga posted, sms and phone work fine, gps work and locates the sat. but it hard to get a fix even tho it finds around 4 sattelites but the time zone doesnt work, and it doesnt recognize my network as HSPDA but it does recognize my operator ORANGE.

i wonder if my question above is correct then maybe i can enjoy the last few annoying thing about owning a OB in my country, we got only froyo for OB here, no updates from LG for us:c rying:.
7th February 2013, 12:57 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
noob q.......just wonder....last time i have a unknown baseband but so far didnt give me any problem(maybe there is but i dont know). but then i stll flash baseband.....
if unknown baseband, what is the basic problem that can be face?
7th February 2013, 06:18 PM |#15  
Flag Leiria
Thanks Meter: 1,894

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laloy

noob q.......just wonder....last time i have a unknown baseband but so far didnt give me any problem(maybe there is but i dont know). but then i stll flash baseband.....
if unknown baseband, what is the basic problem that can be face?

If you have ICS and flash a baseband of v10x or v20x, that is normal.

It is possible that you wont have any problems with that...
11th September 2014, 08:04 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. There's a lot of great resources on this forum that have been very useful to me and I really appreciate it. Anyways I'm using Marvel v11 (which is great in every other respect btw, thanks @tantrums) on my P970 and meant to post to the thread there but it seems like my postcount is too low for that still. Anyways I'm having issues connecting to the data network and GPS of my carrier and I figure it might have something to do with the baseband.

I had a look in the settings and it shows the software version as 30b-EUR (screenshots attached). My carrier's stock firmware is listed on the lg-phone-firmware page (sorry can't post the link) as 30F. My first thought was that it might have something to do with the fact that I'm in Canada? So I downloaded my carrier's stock .kdz, converted it to .fls/.bin, and flashed successfully in SFT. I know the new baseband is on there because the Marvel one is named differently (1035.23_20110407). But I still have the same problem: no connection to mobile data or to GPS satellites.
I've seen quite a few posts (including n00by's) saying that all basebands are the same. Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Or is there something I might have overlooked?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-09-11-14-33-35.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (120.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-09-11-14-34-33.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (98.0 KB, 31 views)
11th September 2014, 08:43 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1,629

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtriceratops

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. There's a lot of great resources on this forum that have been very useful to me and I really appreciate it. Anyways I'm using Marvel v11 (which is great in every other respect btw, thanks @tantrums) on my P970 and meant to post to the thread there but it seems like my postcount is too low for that still. Anyways I'm having issues connecting to the data network and GPS of my carrier and I figure it might have something to do with the baseband.

I had a look in the settings and it shows the software version as 30b-EUR (screenshots attached). My carrier's stock firmware is listed on the lg-phone-firmware page (sorry can't post the link) as 30F. My first thought was that it might have something to do with the fact that I'm in Canada? So I downloaded my carrier's stock .kdz, converted it to .fls/.bin, and flashed successfully in SFT. I know the new baseband is on there because the Marvel one is named differently (1035.23_20110407). But I still have the same problem: no connection to mobile data or to GPS satellites.
I've seen quite a few posts (including n00by's) saying that all basebands are the same. Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Or is there something I might have overlooked?

Have you verified that the APNs are correct for your carrier? They can change over time by carrier. Some folks forget to set them on a fresh flash (I certainly have). Even a letter or number off can screw things up.
11th October 2017, 10:09 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can anyone get mirror links?
I can't download from any of those, can you confirm it's not just me?

Thanks

edit: Here's the new link for LG Optimus Black - lg-kdz-firmware.com/lg-p970-firmware/1.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)