[MOD][XPOSED]X Screen Stabilizer[23/10/2017][V1.5]

Which feature do you need the most for this Mod ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

vivekkalady

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2009
Trivandrum
X Screen Stabilizer

ROOT REQUIRED
XPOSED FRAMEWORK REQUIRED

If You don't know What is XPOSED Framework then do not try this application (it wont work)

Have you tried to read a book or an article like this while on a bus or walking down the street? I bet you tried! In this case you should notice that reading text in a such way is not a good idea since the screen constantly shakes. It seems that screen shaking is a big enough issue and eliminating it can promise a good UX. This application uses the device accelerometer sensors to compensate for and smooth out screen content shaking in the same way as DSLR camera stabilizes its sensors/lenses

It uses the concept defined in the below link

no-shake-screen-stabilization-android

but uses a different approach using Xposed Framework

Free : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vivek.xscreenstabilizer

Pro : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vivek.xscreenstabilizer.pro

Xposed repository : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.vivek.xscreenstabilizer

Parameter Details
  1. Velocity Friction : It is used to adjust the friction of the movement of the screen when walking. If the value is greater, the screen translation will be slower.
  2. Position Friction : It is used to adjust the speed at which the screen tries to adjust to the normal position.If the value is greater, it takes more time to adjust to normal position
  3. Low pass filter alpha : It is used to filter the acceleration force values from the sensor for the smooth positioning of the screen
  4. Velocity Amplification : It is used to amplify the calculated velocity and use it to translate the screen

please try it out and provide your valuable comments

Attachments

• MainScreen.png
    MainScreen.png
    38 KB · Views: 3,803
  • MainScreen2.png
    MainScreen2.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 3,667
  • AppScreen.png
    AppScreen.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 3,570
  • Module.png
    Module.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 3,310
  • Icons.jpg
    Icons.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 3,430
  • Widget.png
    Widget.png
    250.7 KB · Views: 3,011
  • QuickTile.png
    QuickTile.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,978
Last edited:

MINTED7

Jan 11, 2016
after setting the velocity friction to 0 something it doesn't allow you to slide the switch, also how much would this increase battery drain?

Reactions: vivekkalady

richardkemp

Dec 12, 2005
Hi, nice idea for a module!

What differentiates the pro version? Ad removal / extra features, or just dev support?

Can you offer any extra information on exactly what each of the tweakable parameters do?

vivekkalady

Aug 11, 2009
Trivandrum
It prevents you from copying and pasting if you are moving. the cursor keeps blinking.

I have fixed the issue. will update the app soon.

Hi, nice idea for a module!

What differentiates the pro version? Ad removal / extra features, or just dev support?

Can you offer any extra information on exactly what each of the tweakable parameters do?

Thanks.
Now the pro version is just Ad Free.
The extra parameters are used to adjust the movement according to your walking speed.

LoukG

Jul 10, 2016
I don' t know if I did something wrong, but it didn't worked for me. The device has AOSP 5.1 and I'm also using GravityBox and Android N'ify.

Attachments

• screenstabilizer.txt
    41.1 KB · Views: 116

jawz101

Very fun idea. You may want to hardcode some safe minimum and maximums on each setting and give it some sort of tendency to return to normal once movement subsides.

I lowered the velocity friction to zero and moved my phone around. The screen went off screen enough, I guess, that it couldn't return to center and the button to disable the module was not responding.

Also, maybe add a whitelist so you can pick to only have it activate while certain apps are in the foreground (browser, e-book readers). While it's neat for testing, having it constantly adjusting your screen when using your phone can be awkward.

Bravo for doing something new and creative!

Last edited:

vivekkalady

Aug 11, 2009
Trivandrum
I don' t know if I did something wrong, but it didn't worked for me. The device has AOSP 5.1 and I'm also using GravityBox and Android N'ify.

I have checked the log. It is showing the sensor cannot be registered. Which is your device ?
is there any restriction in using sensors when using GravityBox or AndroidNify ?

I am using the sensor TYPE_LINEAR_ACCELERATION for this application. Is it available in your device ?

Last edited:
Reactions: pinoholo
Nice one! Congrats and thanks!

Simple and immediate feature request that I believe will improve your app:

1. Widget to toggle on/off
2. Activity to toggle on/off (to trigger from other automation, gesture, button... apps)
3. Persistent notification to toggle on/off
4. Notification only when on, to turn off
5. Reset default setting values

And also these:

6. Blacklist apps (for instance to exclude launcher,...)
7. Floating panel with main adjustments slides (thick! cause will be moving) for real time fine tune. Can use to show/hide it a button on the ongoing notification. Or to hide a 2 fingers tap on panel.

One bug I experimented already:
It was on. Using Nova Launcher here. I went to app drawer and them home.... Them turned off stability. Nova Launcher screens got frozen partially out of screen. Only solution was to force reload all launcher.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mucha333

bkkzak

Sep 19, 2015
Great concept and great app!

It slowed down my system quite a bit though, so I had to uninstall it. A lot of apps (the foreground app I was using) would freeze and the Android System prompt would appear saying " xxx app is not responding, would you like to: wait, force close and reopen, or send bug report". Anybody else seeing this performance problem?

great idea man!in 3 years apple as usual will steall this great mod to implement into IOS!

I thought about that.....if I'm de developer I'd patent the implementation worldwide. It is a simple concept, somehow already available out there for other uses, but as far as I know not for portable devices screens. And....AR, VR, glass,....

This is the typical thing Apple, Samsung, Google, LG would build a proof of concept (this app is one) and patent it. And sell rights for millions.

By the way, another fantastic module that has this potential is AllTrans. Real time translation of any app from any language to any other language....probably Google would love to have that under Google Tanslator label (and spy a bit more on you).

Last edited:

vivekkalady

Aug 11, 2009
Trivandrum
Nice one! Congrats and thanks!

Simple and immediate feature request that I believe will improve your app:

1. Widget to toggle on/off
2. Activity to toggle on/off (to trigger from other automation, gesture, button... apps)
3. Persistent notification to toggle on/off
4. Notification only when on, to turn off
5. Reset default setting values

And also these:

6. Blacklist apps (for instance to exclude launcher,...)
7. Floating panel with main adjustments slides (thick! cause will be moving) for real time fine tune. Can use to show/hide it a button on the ongoing notification. Or to hide a 2 fingers tap on panel.

One bug I experimented already:
It was on. Using Nova Launcher here. I went to app drawer and them home.... Them turned off stability. Nova Launcher screens got frozen partially out of screen. Only solution was to force reload all launcher.

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions. I will add more features to it.

Really nice. Now if the entire ui could shift, instead of only the foreground activity, that would even be better.
For example, the keyboard is not moving, neither is a second app when open in split screen.

The keyboard movement will make it difficult to type if moving. As our fingers and actual device is at the same position, only screen movement is required I guess. Anyway I will try to provide and option to enable keyboard movement also if possible

Reactions: wilsonhlacerda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    X Screen Stabilizer

ROOT REQUIRED
    XPOSED FRAMEWORK REQUIRED

If You don't know What is XPOSED Framework then do not try this application (it wont work)

Have you tried to read a book or an article like this while on a bus or walking down the street? I bet you tried! In this case you should notice that reading text in a such way is not a good idea since the screen constantly shakes. It seems that screen shaking is a big enough issue and eliminating it can promise a good UX. This application uses the device accelerometer sensors to compensate for and smooth out screen content shaking in the same way as DSLR camera stabilizes its sensors/lenses

It uses the concept defined in the below link

no-shake-screen-stabilization-android

but uses a different approach using Xposed Framework

Free : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vivek.xscreenstabilizer

Pro : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vivek.xscreenstabilizer.pro

Xposed repository : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.vivek.xscreenstabilizer

Parameter Details
    1. Velocity Friction : It is used to adjust the friction of the movement of the screen when walking. If the value is greater, the screen translation will be slower.
    2. Position Friction : It is used to adjust the speed at which the screen tries to adjust to the normal position.If the value is greater, it takes more time to adjust to normal position
    3. Low pass filter alpha : It is used to filter the acceleration force values from the sensor for the smooth positioning of the screen
    4. Velocity Amplification : It is used to amplify the calculated velocity and use it to translate the screen

please try it out and provide your valuable comments
    V1.2 - App Settings Added

I have added the application settings to the module. Now Users can select which app needs this module.
    Also tried to fix the lag issue.
    V1.2 uploaded to playstore and Xposed Repository
    Please try it out
    great idea man!in 3 years apple as usual will steall this great mod to implement into IOS!

I thought about that.....if I'm de developer I'd patent the implementation worldwide. It is a simple concept, somehow already available out there for other uses, but as far as I know not for portable devices screens. And....AR, VR, glass,....

This is the typical thing Apple, Samsung, Google, LG would build a proof of concept (this app is one) and patent it. And sell rights for millions.

By the way, another fantastic module that has this potential is AllTrans. Real time translation of any app from any language to any other language....probably Google would love to have that under Google Tanslator label (and spy a bit more on you).
    Very fun idea. You may want to hardcode some safe minimum and maximums on each setting and give it some sort of tendency to return to normal once movement subsides.

I lowered the velocity friction to zero and moved my phone around. The screen went off screen enough, I guess, that it couldn't return to center and the button to disable the module was not responding.

Also, maybe add a whitelist so you can pick to only have it activate while certain apps are in the foreground (browser, e-book readers). While it's neat for testing, having it constantly adjusting your screen when using your phone can be awkward.

Bravo for doing something new and creative!