[ROM][7.1.x][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 [Nightly]

Search This thread

EmanzzKie

Nov 13, 2016
Masbate City
where can I find this Experimental Build. Can anyone pls help.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

I recently saw my phone in desk and though to upgrade. So i'm running on CM 13.1. Do i have to install experimental build or directly install lineage 14.1 Nightly. If i have to install experimental build first. Can anyone send the link of it and tell me step by step. I'm not pro at this stuff's.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I recently saw my phone in desk and though to upgrade. So i'm running on CM 13.1. Do i have to install experimental build or directly install lineage 14.1 Nightly. If i have to install experimental build first. Can anyone send the link of it and tell me step by step. I'm not pro at this stuff's.

JUST FOLLOW THE STEPS TO FLASH AND USE THE LATEST ROM :good:

Reactions: crysisdas

rahulg09

Oct 10, 2016
I have installed lineage os 14.1 on my redmi 1s. Few days ago I installed stock miui ROM. Again rooted and tried to install through CWM. It displayed several errors, so, by mistake, I partitioned my internal storage to block size 4096 using CWM. This was done to achieve ext4 file system. Again, I installed twrp and lineage. But, now my internal storage is shown as 4.7 GB instead of 8GB(7.4gb). How to solve this? I am in trouble. Please help me.

Goutam NB

Mar 3, 2016
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
After flashing
when it come to first booting it will lag (i mean it slowdown the boot animation.)
What it means the new 7.1 is not comfortable with redmi 1s or what?

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I have installed lineage os 14.1 on my redmi 1s. Few days ago I installed stock miui ROM. Again rooted and tried to install through CWM. It displayed several errors, so, by mistake, I partitioned my internal storage to block size 4096 using CWM. This was done to achieve ext4 file system. Again, I installed twrp and lineage. But, now my internal storage is shown as 4.7 GB instead of 8GB(7.4gb). How to solve this? I am in trouble. Please help me.

Repatriation using the same ext4 but this time put bars to maximum block size.…
If it don't help… reflash the cwm recovery that u used before. Then try the same method again.
Then u god to go?
And bro one more thing, reparationing again and again is not good for memory. Have fun

abhi8192

Jan 7, 2014
Anyone else having problems with using viper4android on this rom recently? It used to work fine before the last 2 updates, but does not work now. I was using magisk module for it, now it installs but does not process the audio. I contacted the module developer on github and he said that nothing he can do, it is most probably changes in device tree(he is using lineageOS also on a different handset and his is working).

SaboraPie

Nov 20, 2015
When put in the menu of SystemUI the LiveDisplay tile, it disappears when you reboot the phone or power off. Then you must put it back.

deccan451

Jan 31, 2013
hyderabad
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 10
Anyone else having problems with using viper4android on this rom recently? It used to work fine before the last 2 updates, but does not work now. I was using magisk module for it, now it installs but does not process the audio. I contacted the module developer on github and he said that nothing he can do, it is most probably changes in device tree(he is using lineageOS also on a different handset and his is working).
No changes in device tree's fefifofum might have been abandoned this device [emoji848] haven't seen any commits for armani in lineage gerrit for months by him and no word's on armani Oreo no changes in armani-dev github ( other developer booted but major issue is camera )

Sent from my HM 1SW using Tapatalk

jiojio

Dec 30, 2011
@fefifofum

1.Android Go OS is open-source ??
2.lineage have any plan to produce android go (8.0 lite ) rom
3.I think android go is best rom for redmi 1s

Normal lineage 14.1 with Gapp facing lagging problems in redmi 1s because of 1gb ram..

sainiashish08

Dec 19, 2014
Rampur
@fefifofum

1.Android Go OS is open-source ??
2.lineage have any plan to produce android go (8.0 lite ) rom
3.I think android go is best rom for redmi 1s

Normal lineage 14.1 with Gapp facing lagging problems in redmi 1s because of 1gb ram..
1. There is no different source for Android Go. It's only a different configuration.
2. Depends on device maintainer. It can easily built with the same device tree.
3. It might be.

Akhmadmandala

Feb 27, 2017
Please help!!
Why i cannot pull the notification bar? There's nothing wrong with my screen.
I'm fresh installed it with wiping all the system, cache and data even the internal storage.
I'm new with this project :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
    • The following is NOT SUPPORTED: custom kernels, xposed, mods. Do not report bugs if you use any of those.
    • To report a bug, explain how to reproduce it and ATTACH LOGS (logcat and dmesg). Without logs, bug reports will be ignored.
    • Kitkat modem/bootloader is required, you can find it on post 2.

Install instructions:
    • Reboot into recovery (latest TWRP required).
    • Wipe data, system and cache if it's a fresh install. If you are updating from unofficial LineageOS or Cyanogenmod, read this.
    • No wipes required if you're updating from a previous official build of Lineage (wipe cache and dalvik cache recommended).
    • Flash ROM and, optionally, Gapps and Root. Reboot.

Download links:

Other information:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S

Contributors
    fefifofum
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat bootloader/modem (post 2)

Version Information

Created 2017-01-09
    Last Updated 2017-05-02
    KitKat bootloader/modem files

This zip contains the bootloader and modem files from latest stable international release (MIUI8 V8.2.1.0 Kitkat). Install it from recovery just once (not needed between rom updates) and reboot. No wipes required.

Firmware 8.2.1.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120745708

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) How can I unlock Developer options?
    A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
    A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both. Root addon required (post 1).

Q) How can I set '3G only' network mode?
    A) Open dialer, dial *#*#4636#*#* , open first option "Phone Information", there you can set your preferred network mode.

Q) How do I update Gapps? (Also useful if you have Gapps related problems).
    A) Reboot into recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + Gapps. Reboot.
    First build released

Lineage OS 14.1 is here! You can update from CyanogenMod 14.1 without wipes.

Know bugs: there is no boot animation, just the android logo.
    I have been able to build, install and boot after applying this commit as commented in this post.

No more bootloops. @fefifofum can you please have a look and comment if this should be the correct way to fix last week build problem?

Thanks for the tip. I just checked selinux denials on latest build and there is one preventing it from booting. I already merged the fix (without net_raw which is not needed).

Still not able to install it on the top of 20170213 (which looks the latest usable rom) it has bootloop issue like the previous has (20170221).
    Please let me know if anyone has success story with that.
    Eg. system cleanup may help?

It will be fixed for next build. Until then (and just as a workaround) you could manually flash this boot.img right after installing latest build.
    First post updated for official builds

Official builds (nightlies/weeklies) are here. For a correct transition from unofficial builds (or official cyanogenmod) to lineage nightlies we need the experimental build, so it goes like this:

Unofficial build > Official experimental build > Official nightly buiId

Install and boot the experimental build, then reboot to recovery and manually install latest nightly (without having to do a factory reset).