FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The "Welcome to XDA" Thread

8,771 posts
Thanks Meter: 477

By DaveShaw, Senior Moderator Emeritus + Wiki Bureaucrat on 3rd February 2011, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th August 2017, 02:52 PM |#12551  
Northampton, UK
Thanks Meter: 0

More
C# and Java exp - want to create my own alarm clock
I'm sick of the default alarm clocks and I thought - it can't be that hard to make one, this will be my first project!

So im hoping my C# & prev Java skills should help me in trying to get my first app through the door!

Anyways,
Hi!

19th August 2017, 05:32 PM |#12552  
Flag Szczecin PL, Hamburg DE
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Hello Everyone! I'm Mike from Poland. I'm a broadcast software developer. See you in forums!
21st August 2017, 02:54 PM |#12553  

More
Hello. My name is Henri. Programming is my hobby and I want to share my programs with the community, that's why I'm here. I'd like to learn something new as well.
1st September 2017, 01:26 AM |#12554  
Flag Union City

More
Hey, new to the whole XDA thing! I'm currently in my senior year of high school and right now my current plan is to develop an app over the course of the year both for the computer science class I am taking (the whole school year is spent developing an app of your choosing) and for my own use. I hope that the experience gained by developing different types of apps will be useful in many ways, and maybe it can get me some extra spending cash...

Pleased to meet all of you, and I hope to enjoy my time here!

P.S. Pretty new to the whole android development thing, and I'm having a bit of trouble finding some comprehensive guides on android development which I can understand, so I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could take the time to send me a few links to some tutorials or things like that! Thanks!

EDIT: My name is Albert. Felt out of place since I was almost the only person not saying their name sooooooo...
3rd September 2017, 12:06 AM |#12555  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Something something abyss
Thanks Meter: 7,367

More
@anything_only
Welcome aboard to XDA.

I'm studying computer science currently and so far I am enjoying what I am doing. If you like programming and challenging yourself, you'll like this course a lot.

As for android development, there are many tutorials online, free and paid, and other resources for you to find online. You can look at the general android development forum to get some ideas for your app.
6th September 2017, 03:04 PM |#12556  
Flag Figueroles

More
Hi all again!
Hi all again!

I have not been around since 2012. I like programming very much.

I always liked programming and reverse engineering to learn. When I was a young student I studied assembly language with olly debugger, C language, a bit of Java and now I am attracted to the idea of modifying and personalizing some apk to have fun, learning and modifying smali files.

I think that here I could learn a lot from you and contribute what I can.

Regards!
12th October 2017, 01:35 AM |#12557  
Flag Leeuwarden
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello fellow human beings,
Im Tommy from the Netherlands also known as Amsterdam;
Been reading a lot from this site (for rooting my device Im still not able to do grrrr ...)
While reading and trying rooting (without succes) I got interested in this kinda stuff ... so here I am.
Best wishes from Holland!
The Following User Says Thank You to TommyWhite For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TommyWhite Ad-Free
15th October 2017, 12:58 AM |#12558  
Flag Hu3
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Howdy! Been looking around for rooms and customizations here in XDA since 2016 but didn't knew about a say HI thread, so, HI all!
Good vibes from Brazil!

Edit: Iamanel is short for Iamanan Emmanuel
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamanel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Iamanel Ad-Free
15th October 2017, 01:54 AM |#12559  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Something something abyss
Thanks Meter: 7,367

More
Welcome fellow homosapiens
18th October 2017, 03:30 PM |#12560  

More
Just to say hello! Yup, I'm here
22nd October 2017, 09:06 PM |#12561  
Flag Mesa AZ
Thanks Meter: 646

More
I have selected one of the XDA forum themes, and can't find how to switch it back. There is supposed to be s drop down at the bottom of the page but I don't see it.

Update: used following link to get back control
https://forum.xda-developers.com/?styleid=20
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, android application, app developer, blackberry application, google, internet marketing, intro, introduction, ios rulez teh !!!11!!11!, iphone application, jobs is god, knowledge, lordmanhattan was here, new member, nexus, noob club, off topic, say hi, veeman was here, wat dawg wat u doin, web designing

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)