Manga/Anime Discussion Thread

Search This thread

Saber

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Ohhh, didn't realize Saber's prof pic was actually the alter version xD. @Saber-san, you should watch Carnival Phantasm, you're gonna see Saber wear and act like a maid :D
Actually I've watched it and I found it hilarious. Saber was my main reason for watching, maid outfit was a bonus :)

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Saber's avatar is actually Ruler-Jeanne ....
Yep, finally got it :)

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, having seen too much Saber alter fan arts (since her hair color in the fan arts varies from greyish white to bleak yellow), :'(

@Saber -san, I was just wondering what programming languages they teach you at your college. I've seen in your profile that your a comp sci student :eek:.

I'm actually not far from that field being an Electronics and Communications eng. student

Saber

Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
@Saber -san, I was just wondering what programming languages they teach you at your college. I've seen in your profile that your a comp sci student :eek:.
Here goes some OT :)

Languages I've learnt (as core):
- Python
- JavaScript
- Typescript
- Haskell
- Java
- Assembly languages that I will never touch again

As for electives, I've picked up:
- C (As I do kernel development)
- HTML/CSS (Always good to know)
- AngularJS/Angular (Just basic understanding)

I've spent most of my time programming in Python and Java.

I assume you know a few languages too?

Last edited:

- Python
- JavaScript
- Typescript
- Haskell
- Java

Yup!! :D We have programming classes as well! Languages I've learned are C++, Java, Javascript and I took an elective for Python and Visual Basic.

Just a random question but why did you choose Comp sci instead of Comp eng?

karandpr

Senior Mod | DC Lead | MC
Staff member
Feb 20, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)

- Python
- JavaScript
- Typescript
- Haskell:eek:
- Java

That thing tho ....

Saber

Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yup!! :D We have programming classes as well! Languages I've learned are C++, Java, Javascript and I took an elective for Python and Visual Basic.

Just a random question but why did you choose Comp sci instead of Comp eng?
Dunno. For me it was between comp sci and software eng. eng was my first preference but I didn't get in. Not regretting doing comp sci as it has been enjoyable and interesting.

xymox26

Oct 17, 2017
Stamford
The last thing I watched was "Trigun". I heard much about this anime and I'm glad that I finally watched it, besides considering that it's really a good thing :) I liked the plot (in some aspects it's really unique), characters (especially Vash, Nicolas and Millie) and the atmosphere, all that desert world on other planet created really magic feeling :)
But I didn't understand the ending of it and philosophy of all story and also this anime reminded me strongly in some ways "Trinity Blood" :p

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
i was gonna start watching boku no hero academia and konosuba. Have heard alot of good things about it. Has anyone here seen them?
Boku no pico... I mean boku no hero academia was meh for me, I only seen season 1 and I know people who will hunt me down for saying that lol.

For KonoSuba GOD TIER ANIME!! I love it !!! Enjoy :fingers-crossed:

Saber

Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
i was gonna start watching boku no hero academia and konosuba. Have heard alot of good things about it. Has anyone here seen them?
Boku no hero is awesome, maybe overhyped but still very good.

Konosuba is also great. Liked 1st season a little more.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Boku no pico... I mean boku no hero academia was meh for me, I only seen season 1 and I know people who will hunt me down for saying that lol.

For KonoSuba GOD TIER ANIME!! I love it !!! Enjoy :fingers-crossed:
AoTY?
Mines Made in Abyss easily.

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
AoTY?
Mines Made in Abyss easily.
Now now... :p I haven't seen Made in Abyss. I have it downloaded but.... I'm trying to get my sis to watch it with me. Not having much luck.

KonoSuba vs Made in Abyss is unfair. Each one targets a specific audience. PS. Season 2 is just as good as season 1 at least for me. As a religious man myself the church in KonoSuba is so hilarious. Maybe I'm a bit biased :silly:

Saber

Apr 9, 2014
Melbourne
joshualay.xyz
Xiaomi Poco F3
Now now... :p I haven't seen Made in Abyss. I have it downloaded but.... I'm trying to get my sis to watch it with me. Not having much luck.

KonoSuba vs Made in Abyss is unfair. Each one targets a specific audience. PS. Season 2 is just as good as season 1 at least for me. As a religious man myself the church in KonoSuba is so hilarious. Maybe I'm a bit biased :silly:
I actually asked what was your AoTY :)

mamap2000

Dec 19, 2017
Orenburg
What is best the manga/anime about overpowered main character? Like Hellsing or One punch man? Love this kind of movies.

Last edited:

karandpr

Senior Mod | DC Lead | MC
Staff member
Feb 20, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
Happy new year guys !
Last season was really good.
SSR is AoTS for me ,if not AoTY.
Apocrypa was ok ,especially the Jeanne's second Phantasm. ufotable has really high standards ,which A1 couldn't keep.

Will be watching fate extra and perhaps catch up on Overlord 2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Picked up Strawberry Panic omnibus manga yesterday while waiting for just released first English volume of Girl Friends to come in the mail.
    Haven't started reading it yet, but heard it's a bit different from the anime adaptation. Anyone here read it?

Strawberry Panic? Never heard of it tbh. What's it about?

Btw, you might want to get 10 posts in your device's forum before getting really active here in ot. Just an advice. A senior troll might see you and report you (or worse, troll you). ;)

Sent from my rooted tomato using xda app
    137254l.jpg
    This is an old thread, but I'd like to recommend y'all watch Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. It's a highly-rated show that is different from most fantasy genres. It covers what happens "after" the main characters defeat the Demon King, and loneliness that comes when those close to us inevitably leave us. It's one of the few shows that manages to be relaxing, dramatic, and action packed at the same time.

It's currently airing with 12/28 episodes (at the time of writing). It's being animated by Madhouse which is known for their great work on One Punch Man and Overlord. For the manga readers, the manga is still being updated and is currently at Chapter 117. It's a great show, and is definitely worth your time.
    hi everyone, found this thread today.. and hi darkmanz, how you doing..?

i used to watch anime naruto, pokemon, dragonball, beyblade..

Once i finished naruto anime.. i wanted to know more about released stories in manga.. so started reading manga.. and now i read manga more and watch anime less(i do watch.. but not like before)..

now i have read most of the chapters of naruto in manga.. and downloaded all chapters from this app.. mangawhat app.. you don't have to read them in online.. download them to /sdcard/data/.. it has very good functionality.. inbuilt download progress bar, history, favourites, continous image viewing.. and now i have all manga chapters in PC thanks to that app...

@stamatis16.. congrats for RC for u and QuantumFoam.. i read your suggestion on mango.. will try it..

and i follow these manga nowadays... Naruto, Rock lee springtime of youth, faster than a kiss..

you guys try faster than a kiss.. its about school love.. not sure how many of you love it.. but i read first 10 chapters of 57 of it.. and its kinda good.. different than most love stories..
    i have a friend who follows around 40-50 manga daily..!!

z87fF.png
    3QaVm.png
    Mangafox is great.
    hey, Manga for children? don't joke man.

Everyone can enjoy. :D
    TBH, lowkey considering reading the light novel instead of watching the show
    You're going to miss the cute faces....