Get rid of tmobile animation on boot

Search This thread

muzicman0

Feb 6, 2009
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
This may be posted elsewhere...if so, sorry. I replaced the 2 qmg files in /system/media with the attached files. The attached files are the stock i9000 boot animations. I got them from a captivate thread.

So far they seem to work fine, but you should make a backup just in case.

mm0

Attachments

• noTmobileBoot.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,389

srqt

Jul 20, 2010
Providence RI
works great! no more stupid pink crap! I a sooo excited!

The way I did it is as follows. I used root manager to copy the original qmg files to a safe place. I then mounted the phone to my computer copied the new qmgs to the sd card unmounted and used root manager again to put them in the correct place (system/media).

ISprayCandy

Apr 4, 2009
Works perfectly Thanks!!! Any idea where the sound file is? I'd like to replace that with something less "happy"

slyvgl

Jun 5, 2010
For some reason I am not able to copy the files with root explorer. Do I need to move the files with terminal? I've copied/move them over..but they do not appear. I have root access btw.

yvyv

Jun 4, 2008
Atlanta, Ga
About at the beginning when booting up the " Pink Stick together " still comes out, anyway to get rid of this ?

Thank you in advanced..

GameOver69

Jul 26, 2010
THanks for the info worked great. Anyway to change the bootup sound so that is like the original samsung galaxy s as well. THanks

MV10

Jul 16, 2010
FL
About at the beginning when booting up the " Pink Stick together " still comes out, anyway to get rid of this ?

Thank you in advanced..

Go into /system/media and remove bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg ... or replace them with the i9000 files from the ZIP in the post that started this thread.

itswookie

Jun 7, 2009
I copied the files over with root explorer, and everything works fine, except for when the new animation plays, it's very choppy/pixelated. Anyone else?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the bump. Got a couple PMs to update this to Froyo roms.

Here it is:

Flashable Galaxy S (i9000) (Froyo 2.2) bootanimation+sounds:
    http://bit.ly/eHbCFb

Flashable Vibrant (Stock) (Froyo 2.2) bootanimation+sounds:
    http://bit.ly/fjHEqX
    Sorry for the bump. Got a couple PMs to update this to Froyo roms.

Here it is:

Flashable Galaxy S (i9000) (Froyo 2.2) bootanimation+sounds:

Flashable Vibrant (Stock) (Froyo 2.2) bootanimation+sounds:

Hmm, I'm on a I9000 and I'm running Darky's v7.6 rom (which is 2.2.1) at the moment and do not quite like the Nexus S boot animation. I've booted into recovery mode and applied the zip file as an update and it seems to still display the Nexus S boot animation.

I haven't noticed whether the shutdown one was replaced but I noticed the video folder only contains a shutdown folder?

Any ideas?

Edit:

And after poking around in the Darky's thread it seems there is a bootanimations.zip in /system/media that is controlling everything. I've renamed the file in adb and I have the default Froyo boot animation again. :)