[Rom] [Ufirm_QD2_Hybrid_Nougat_Rom_FlashFire_Install][Status Official For VZW S7FLAT]

Search This thread

xRelapse13

Mar 19, 2011
Has anyone had an issue where video playback doesn't work when using Hangouts or within an app like facebook?

used the 70 light debloat on VZW

CVertigo1

May 20, 2015
Richmond, VA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No. It's not too bad having to reflash the ROM. Flash the root kernel, run the root.bat, BACKUP EVERYTHING JUST IN CASE, then reflash the ROM without wiping data. If you are already running good on this same exact ROM, then there should be no issues keeping data, but it'll be a good thing to backup just in case.

Reactions: ezwalker63

Silkmeister1

Jun 15, 2013
Earth
So up intil a few weeks ago, my ads were completely blocked.
I thought it might be because of my host files and tried following the instructions in the OP;s second post and the ads are not blocked anymore :(

any solution? @CVertigo1, @jrkruse

Silkmeister1

Jun 15, 2013
Earth
@CVertigo1 , thank you for a fast reply.

I had followed the second post in this thread in regards to flashing the ENG boot, running the adblock script and then re-flashing the stock recovery file for BQD2.
This worked 95% of the time, with youtube sometimes throwing a 5 seconds add, and some game apps showing adds.

I just fixed this myself by rooting, installing the AP file and Zip through Flashfire, selecting wipe cache, cache format, and partition (NOT internal or 3rd apps) and after the Aroma installer, I chose DONT WIPE and installed the rom again but this time using Adaware (which I knew to work well)

-if I had done used adaware when i first installed this rom it would not let me sign into venmo and snapchat etc.

Silkmeister1

Reegs

Jun 26, 2014
Anyone get Samsung Pay to work?
I get it to load but I get "Connection Error" when adding cards and trying to use Samsung Rewards.
I've tried uninstalling, re-installing , updating, not updating. Nothing seems to work.

Also, I'm on QE2

My Battle.net Authenticator is being blocked by adblock.
Can I edit the host or something?

Last edited:

CVertigo1

May 20, 2015
Richmond, VA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Anyone get Samsung Pay to work?
I get it to load but I get "Connection Error" when adding cards and trying to use Samsung Rewards.
I've tried uninstalling, re-installing , updating, not updating. Nothing seems to work.

Also, I'm on QE2

My Battle.net Authenticator is being blocked by adblock.
Can I edit the host or something?

I don't use Samsung Pay, so I don't know what could be causing the issue at the moment. I'd start with the adblocking, since that has caused numerous problems for people. Look at the second post in this thread for instructions, but you'll need to find/make a new boot_recovery_image for QE2. It might already be posted in this thread somewhere.

been running this ROM for a while, my friend wanted it, went to set it up on his phone, followed instruction exactly as i did before, and it just gets stuck in a bootloop. samsung galaxy s7 custom screen for a few seconds, blank screen briefly then repeats. we have the same phone, galaxy s7 verizon. IDK what to do, I have tried reinstalling several times, redownloading files, nothing seems to work. help. plz.

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

upon further inspection, I discovered I need to flash stock verizon QA4 then procede from step one, anyone know where I can find the download link?

Edit: found a download for it on Android file host. Followed steps setting up phone rn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silkmeister1
Idk if anybody knows, so I thought I would share, in my attempt to have a more Google pixel experience I wanted to have the Android O emoji's so I discovered that I could flash more zips after rom install in flashfire, just as long as I put it before the wipe, and it would work and pass safety net. Using the likes of Open Gapps Android O emoji's and iYTB Vanced.

Last edited:

Reegs

Jun 26, 2014
I don't use Samsung Pay, so I don't know what could be causing the issue at the moment. I'd start with the adblocking, since that has caused numerous problems for people. Look at the second post in this thread for instructions, but you'll need to find/make a new boot_recovery_image for QE2. It might already be posted in this thread somewhere.

I tried searching for a QE2 boot recovery and didn't find anything.
I also have no idea how to make one either.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks guys,
:good:

uknow

Sep 20, 2014
Phenix City Al
Ok I flashed this and I want to say great job guys ...
I have a few questions first is how do I get edge panel to stop force closing and 2 how to I activate bixby?

pr0ndigy

Nov 3, 2014
Why does firmware require flash every time flashing ROM?

Here you go @CVertigo1 I hope they work I cant test myself. If they do when you update OP I will remove this post
Do not use Package Disabler or Adhell with NoNaMe mods

I'm coming from a Nexus 6, where flashing a ROM meant booting into TWRP, wiping System/Dalvik/Cache, and then flashing a zip file of the new ROM.

So i'm confused why the firmware needs reflashed along with the ROM zip file EVERY TIME i want to reflash the zip?

Am i not able to install TWRP or some custom recovery and just wipe+flash zip?

Also, how do i get root onto this ROM permanently?
I assume these are the steps... please let me know if i miss any.

1. Use Odin to flash AP_Nougat_S7_Flat_EngBoot.tar.md5
2. Run root.bat inside Nougat_S7_Root_2_82_All_Carriers_V2
3. Use Odin to flash AP_G930U_QE2_Boot_Recovery_Image.tar.md5

Last edited:

TRexombo

Sep 2, 2014
I'm coming from a Nexus 6, where flashing a ROM meant booting into TWRP, wiping System/Dalvik/Cache, and then flashing a zip file of the new ROM.

So i'm confused why the firmware needs reflashed along with the ROM zip file EVERY TIME i want to reflash the zip?

Not on the Verizon Samsung galaxy s7. As far as I know they do not have custom recovery for our phones yet.
@cvertigo,
I want to remove the data usage indicator on the left side of the status bar? How do I do that?

pr0ndigy

Nov 3, 2014

Also, how do i get root onto this ROM permanently?
I assume these are the steps... please let me know if i miss any.

1. Use Odin to flash AP_Nougat_S7_Flat_EngBoot.tar.md5
2. Run root.bat inside Nougat_S7_Root_2_82_All_Carriers_V2
3. Use Odin to flash AP_G930U_QE2_Boot_Recovery_Image.tar.md5

Well step 3 needs to be left out.
After i flashed that in Odin, i got errors from SU and couldn't get root access in AdAway.
Flashing back to AP_Nougat_S7_Flat_EngBoot.tar.md5 fixed the problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yet again, all thanks go to @jrkruse for this one. I have modified his zip to work on the Verizon S7 flat. The ROM is silky smooth since it uses the factory kernel. The instructions have been tweaked to work for the Flat. I can confirm that SafetyNet passes using this method.

A MASSIVE thanks goes to @hunteditor for this. I haven't been around XDA much these past few weeks and haven't made a new thread for the U-ROM. It has been long overdue. He took on the annoyance of modifying the instructions and download links to work.

hunteditor said:
    People ask if they can root this Rom. The answer is yes, but why would you want to? You get all the benefits of rooting and still have official status. Plus, you get the outstanding battery life of a non-rooted S7.

An Explanation of what this is. I have found a way to manipulate system files on a stock rom and not loose system official status. This Allows Samsung Pay and all safetynet checking apps to function. This Rom is not rooted just modified.

Features
    Features:
    Aroma Installer
    Choose From Total Stock Rom
    Choose From Debloted Rom 70 Apps Removed
    Choose From BS Free Over 120 Apps Removed
    Choose PlayStore Rom Over 120 Apps Removed Plus All Samsung Apps Replaced With Google Apps
    Wifi Calling
    Video Calling
    Volte
    Hd Voice
    Visual Voice Mail
    Working Hotspot For Unlimited Data Customers
    Samsung Pay Working
    Samsung Cloud Storage
    Native Call Recording With Automatic Call Recording Feature
    Multi Users
    Device Maintenance Enabled
    International Settings Layout
    Build.prop Tweeks
    Ad Host Blocking
    Outdoor Mode
    KeyLight Duration Settings
    LockScreen Torchlight
    Phone Testing Menu For System Selection Control
    Stock Kernel So No Lag

MODS-(NoNaMeRomControl)
    3minitbattery
    Speed meter
    Status bar mods
    Center clock
    Wifi/signal bar mods
    Color change icon mod
    Custom backgrounds
    Notification drop-down
    Incallui background
    Gif in notification drop-down
    Change/remove carrier names
    And much more...

LATEST ROM UPDATE IS POSTED HERE

Downloads:
    G930UUEU4BQD2_G930UOYM4BQD2_VZW.zip
    UFirm_Multi_Carrier_Hybrid_NoNaMe_PlayStore_BS_Fre e_V14_VZWS7FLAT.zip
    Latest Odin
    Latest FlashFire APK
    Nougat_S7_Root_2_81_All_Carriers_V2.zip – thanks jrkruse
    S7 Nougat root kernel

Install Instructions From Any Build:
    Warning: This will wipe your device. Some of these instructions are redundant, but they will ensure that everything goes as planned. If you don’t follow them to the T, don’t complain.

1) Unzip G930UUEU4BQD2_G930UOYM4BQD2_VZW.zip. Boot the phone into download mode (volume down, home, and power) then flash all four files (BL, AP, CP, and HOME_CSC) with ODIN. The phone will reboot into recovery and throw an error. Reboot into download mode and reflash HOME_CSC again. – Thanks @thefirst__noel

2) Don’t bother logging into any accounts, as the phone will get wiped again. Copy the FlashFire.apk, AP_G930UUEU4BQD2_CL10860000_QB13198947_REV02_user_ low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar.md5, and UFirm_Multi_Carrier_Hybrid_NoNaMe_PlayStore_BS_Free_V14_VZWS7FLAT.zip to Internal Storage. – Thanks @appye

3) Make sure secure boot is turned off!!! Shut off the phone and boot into download mode (volume down, home, and power). Flash the S7 Nougat root kernel in the AP slot in Odin.

4) When the phone reboots, unlock developer options and enable USB debugging. Unzip the S7_SU_2_79_Root_Unroot_WO_Tweaks.zip and run root.bat from your PC. May need to right-click and run as administrator.

5) Now install FlashFire. In FlashFire, select add Flash Firmware Package and choose AP_G930UUEU4BQD2_CL10860000_QB13198947_REV02_user_ low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar.md5 and make sure all partitions are checked.

Then add Flash Zip or OTA and choose UFirm_Multi_Carrier_Hybrid_NoNaMe_PlayStore_BS_Fre e_V14_VZWS7FLAT.zip and tap mount system when FlashFire asks.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: MAKE SURE TO UNCHECK INJECT ROOT AFTER ADDING THE ZIP! – Thanks @dclutter1

Click Add Wipe and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache and choose Format Cache Also select wipe SuperSU image. Make sure wipe is at end of flash sequence. The sequence should be AP file first then Zip second and Wipe cache last.

6) The phone will restart and FlashFire will flash the firmware first, then the Aroma Installer will start.

7) In Aroma, select wipe ALL data (DO NOT KEEP SU) – See notes below.

8) The phone will say custom status on first boot, but it goes away after setup and reboot.
    The phone may take up to 20 minutes to boot the first time, so be patient.
    If you reflash the ROM, you must flash the AP file in FlashFire at the same time.

Notes:
    * Do not use Package Disabler Pro if you choose NoNaMe mods in Aroma.

* If you are installing the S8 apps, you may run into force closes. Your best bet is to pull down on the notification panel, click the settings button, and go into applications and clear data for everything that is force closing. If you keep data, you may run into issues with Advanced Calling and other features. Keep data at your own risk. If you don’t wipe data, then please don’t post issues in the thread.

* I was able to keep my settings and data by choosing keep data in Aroma and still passed SafetyNet. I can’t guarantee that this will work for everyone, but you can try if you want. This probably will not work if you are coming from MM. If you decide to take this route and have issues, do a full wipe and reinstall before posting any problems.

* If you get constant application errors saying "IMS service has stopped" and "com.sec.epdg has stopped", boot into recovery using the Power+VolUp+Home combination. You will likely get a "No command" error screen. Let it on that screen (30-60 seconds) and it will eventually go into the recovery menu. Wipe data and cache in recovery. – thanks paul.miner

THANKS AND CREDITS
    @jds3118 for testing and providing files and bootlooping his phone countless times for me

Gharrington for his awesome 3minitbattery mod...

NoNaMe rom development team for their incredible mods and rom control app...

@malbert16442 for his black themes

Xda for all the great guides to accomplish this...

Kernel source
    RomControl Source
    Latest Ufirm QE2 Nougat Firmware For The S7 Flat Only
    This well give you a Customizable NonRooted Rom that uses stock boot.img not the eng boot image so there is no lag and it will pass safetynet checks and samsung pay will work​

Files To Download

Odin.zip

ADB_Root_G930U_QE2Files.zip

UFIRM_G930_Odin_Firmware.zip

FlashFire_Flashable_G930UFirmware.zip

UFirm_Multi_Carrier_Hybrid_NoNaMe_PS_BS_Free_G930U_QE2_V2.zip

These first 2 step must be done first unless you are on my previous version of this rom or my carrier specific rom that do not have root or if your unsure just do this first

This Will Wipe Your Phone

1. Unzip UFIRM_G930_Odin_Firmware.zip and flash all files in odin

2. Go through setup ignore invalid sim message and skip adding accounts

3. Goto Step 3 Below

If you are on one of my previous version of this rom or my carrier specific rom

1. Unzip UFIRM_G930_Odin_Firmware.zip

2. Use odin to flash BL and CP

3. Unzip ADB_Root_G930U_QE2Files.zip

4. Flash EngBoot image with odin

5. Root Phone. Im not going to have half a page about rooting there is an entire rooting thread here. The Eng Boot.img can be found in the UFIRM_QD2_Modified_Nougat_Firmware Folder

6. Unzip FlashFire_Flashable_G930UFirmware.zip

7. Copy AP_FlashFire_Only_G930U_QE2_Firmware.tar.md5 to your phone

8. Copy UFirm_Multi_Carrier_Hybrid_NoNaMe_PS_BS_Free_G930U_QE2_V2.zip to your phone

9. Open FlashFire and click Add Zip and choose UFirm_Multi_Carrier_Hybrid_NoNaMe_PS_BS_Free_G930U_QE2_V2.zip make sure to check mount system

10. Now in FlashFire click Add Firmware and choose AP_FlashFire_Only_G930U_QE2_Firmware.tar.md5 select all the partitions

11. Make sure Inject SuperSu is not selected

12. Click Add Wipe and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache and choose Format Cache Also select wipe SuperSU image. Make sure wipe is at end of flash sequence. The sequence should be AP file first then Zip second and Wipe cache last

13. Now Choose Flash

14. Phone will take Up to 20 minutes to boot

15. Reflashing Zip Will Require Flashing The AP File In FlashFire At The Same Time

16. Do not use Package Disabler Pro if you Choose NoNaMe mods in Aroma

MODS- (NoNaMeRomControl)

3minitbattery
    Speed meter
    Status bar mods
    Center clock
    Wifi/signal bar mods
    Color change icon mod
    Custom backgrounds
    Notification drop-down
    Incallui background
    Gif in notification drop-down
    Change/remove carrier names
    And much more...

THANKS AND CREDITS
    @jds3118 for testing and providing files and bootlooping his phone countless times for me

Gharrington for his awesome 3minitbattery mod...

NoNaMe rom development team for their incredible mods and rom control app...

@malbert16442 for his black themes

Xda for all the great guides to accomplish this...

Kernel source
    RomControl Source
    Here you go @CVertigo1 I hope they work I cant test myself. If they do when you update OP I will remove this post
    Do not use Package Disabler or Adhell with NoNaMe mods
    Install And Uninstall Ad Blocking Via ADB Without Rooting

ADB_AdBlocking_Host_Stock_Host.zip
    AP_G930UUEU4BQD2_Boot_Recovery_Image.tar.md5
    Nougat_S7_Flat_EngBoot.tar.md5

Download these three
    Unzip ADB_AdBlocking_Host_Stock_Host.zip
    Reboot phone to download mode
    In Odin Flash Nougat_S7_Flat_EngBoot.tar.md5 In AP Slot
    When phone reboots and reconnects run adblocking.bat for ad blocking or run no_adblocking.bat to remove ad blocking
    Phone will reboot back to download mode
    In odin flash AP_G930UUEU4BQD2_Boot_Recovery_Image.tar.md5 In AP Slot
    Your back to normal

***This post has been modified to include the Flat files only.***

Thanks @DJ XtAzY for the Boot_Recovery image.
    Here's the boot recovery file I created that should be added to the first post:

AP_G930UUEU4BQD2_Boot_Recovery_Image.tar.md5

Those that want to remove or update ad blocking host file will need to follow jrkruse post, with one modification:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71331817&postcount=2

Install And Uninstall Ad Blocking Via ADB Without Rooting

ADB_AdBlocking_Host_Stock_Host.zip

Unzip ADB_AdBlocking_Host_Stock_Host.zip
    Reboot phone to download mode
    In Odin Flash Nougat_S7_Edge_EngBoot.tar.md5 In AP Slot
    When phone reboots and reconnects run adblocking.bat for ad blocking or run no_adblocking.bat to remove ad blocking
    Phone will reboot back to download mode
    In odin flash AP_G930UUEU4BQD2_Boot_Recovery_Image.tar.md5 in AP Slot
    Your back to normal

I also modified the updater_script so that the BS Free section of the script will remove more of Google Apps, such as Photos, Hangout, but I kept the Camera plugins and the Gallery's photo editor and video playback, etc. I also sorted that section of the script by alphabetical, it was a pain to see what the script removes and keep when everything is out of order when going through the list. If anyone's interested of that updater_script, let me know.
    Another option / question: is it possible to flash the engineering kernel, root, remove additional bloat, unroot, flash proper kernel, and have apps like Samsung Pay continue to work happily?
    Supposedly you can do this, but there is as much better way to make it happen. Extract the updater-script from the ROM without unpacking the entire ROM. Then add/remove lines from the script as you want. Finally replace the existing updater-script with your modified script. Now you have everything you want removed or not removed from the ROM.