Thanks Meter: 5,239

By KINGbabasula, Recognized Developer on 25th July 2013, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th October 2017, 08:25 PM |#71  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Debloat script failing in TWRP with Error:6
Hi all, anyone able to offer an insight as to why my attempt at a debloat script results with TWRP Error code 6?

Code:
ui_print("");
ui_print("");
ui_print("Galaxy S8 Debloat Script");
ui_print("");
ui_print("");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/data");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/cache");
delete(“/system/app/EasterEgg");
ui_print("Done!");
ui_print(" ");
delete_recursive("/cache");
delete_recursive("/data/dalvik-cache");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "unmount", "/data");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "unmount", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/cache");
It's my early attempt and I'll add more system apps to be removed in time, though upon flashing I get the error. I have selected Encoding = ANSI and EOL Conversion = UNIX within Notepadd++. I've zipped it as Store compression method along with being a .zip archive.

I've got rooted Galaxy S8.

I've attached the debloat script zip for reference.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip s8 debloat new.zip - [Click for QR Code] (343.6 KB, 10 views)

27th October 2017, 12:32 AM |#72  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd993

Hi all, anyone able to offer an insight as to why my attempt at a debloat script results with TWRP Error code 6?

It's my early attempt and I'll add more system apps to be removed in time, though upon flashing I get the error. I have selected Encoding = ANSI and EOL Conversion = UNIX within Notepadd++. I've zipped it as Store compression method along with being a .zip archive.

I've got rooted Galaxy S8.

I've attached the debloat script zip for reference.

Thanks in advance!

Status 6 is often, but not always, caused by a syntax error. I can't see anything obviously wrong with yours so, unfortunately, I don't have an immediate solution.
The only thing I can suggest is making your script a lot shorter. Try it with just the ui_print lines at first and see if it works.

If it doesn't, you know that there's something wrong with either the file itself or possibly the encoding. If it does work then you can start adding more lines and find out at what point it falls over.

Sent from my Sony Xperia XA1 using XDA Labs
27th October 2017, 09:16 AM |#73  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Status 6 is often, but not always, caused by a syntax error. I can't see anything obviously wrong with yours so, unfortunately, I don't have an immediate solution.
The only thing I can suggest is making your script a lot shorter. Try it with just the ui_print lines at first and see if it works.

If it doesn't, you know that there's something wrong with either the file itself or possibly the encoding. If it does work then you can start adding more lines and find out at what point it falls over.

Many thanks for the response.

I'll strip it down to basics and hopefully get it working
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)