FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

UK or London Devs, Do you want to work on a WP7 App?

102 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By daniel-t, Senior Member on 24th July 2010, 09:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am in the process of designing mockups for an App I would like to see on Windows Phone 7. I am a designer, and so I lack the technical programming knowledge to actually make it into a full App, so I am putting the idea out there, in case anyone is interested.

I posted the idea in the "I need this App" competition, but it is only now I have some UI designs done for it. The App starts in a panorama, but there will also be a need for pivot pages and single pages, which I have sketched on paper, but will be mocking up over time.

When you see the App, you will know why I put the call out to UK and specifically London developers...

If the app is made and is successful, I am sure it could be adapted by others for other cities around the world.

@mdtauk
mdta@live.co.uk
http://www.mdtadesign.co.uk/

24th July 2010, 10:20 PM |#2  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Bloody hell, that's awesome. But is all those traffic APIs really available to 3rd party developers?
25th July 2010, 04:36 AM |#3  

More
The underground API's are pretty sound not sure about the Bus services, but if they were i would deffo pay £5 or so for this app
25th July 2010, 05:31 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
The mockup does not go into enough detail in showing what the page displays when you tap on the status update, or one of the route tiles.

The Bus APIs seem to provide, the route and the geo-locations of the bus stops. I am not sure if every route and every station is on the feed right now, but these feeds will only increase over time.

I am detailing the makeup and the feed xml node that applies to it, on paper right now. I know what the app should do, in version one, and what other bits of coded is needed, I just have no idea what that code is, or how to do it!!!!

If anyone is interested in helping as coders and UI helpers, tweet, email me, or get in touch via my website. If the app works out, we can charge a small fee for the app and try to submit it. UK will be getting these phones before the USA I believe, in October rather than November, so its a great chance to get noticed!
25th July 2010, 02:15 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Someone please help him! this looks awesome, cant wait to see more beautiful WP7 apps, gone are the days of ugly WM6.5 apps
29th July 2010, 06:24 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
I have now got someone on board who is trying to work on the data side of things. I still need a silverlight programmer, especially those who have experience making custom controls, and has experience with animation and visual states.
30th July 2010, 08:19 AM |#7  

More
I just found a video to such a tube application on youtube (as a new user I'm not able to post links but search for "Windows Phone 7 London Tube application").
But your concept looks much better, so please keep on.
31st July 2010, 03:42 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowofdestiny

I just found a video to such a tube application on youtube (as a new user I'm not able to post links but search for "Windows Phone 7 London Tube application").
But your concept looks much better, so please keep on.

The app currently doing the rounds on youtube is good, but the design of the app posted in this thread is better; matches the design philosophy of WP7 better.
3rd August 2010, 08:31 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
This is just a quick video showing how I may animate the tiles for the app...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIpcOgjN28I
4th August 2010, 12:30 PM |#10  

More
Very nice! Have you found the help you need yet? Will the app be able to give you toast notifications of line closures etc?
1st October 2010, 02:37 PM |#11  
Flag Bath
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I am a Silverlight interaction designer and developer with experience working in Windows Phone 7. I'd be very interested in helping you out with this project. With your designs and somebody surfacing the correct data, I think I could help you pull it all together.

Send me a PM if you're interested in working together
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)