FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Backup/Restore partitions using dd command under ClockWorkMod?

384 posts
Thanks Meter: 66

By dnlilas, Senior Member on 15th June 2011, 01:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd October 2014, 05:16 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66

More
From what I know :
adb.exe is part of the Android developer toolkit (ADK) that you can download. In fact for plain user (not Android developer), we only need the following 3 files that are usually available in many tools for customed ROM :
adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll

You would better download the ADK so you will get the latest version. When you connect the phone either in recovery mode with an USB cable to the PC, the PC has (at least under Win7/Win8) automatically Android adb device driver installed, so it recognizes the phone correctly. By launching adb.exe, you will get to an adb command prompt where you can issue several commands like reboot, restart to recovery, flash the partition etc.... (communication is established between adb.exe in PC and the phone ) You can also issue the su command as far as I remember, then you the the "Linux"-like shell prompt. And dd, ls, du, cat commands of busybox etc... are then all available. You exit the shell by 'exit'.

Searching for adb, fastboot etc.. would help you.

Hope this helps,

13th June 2015, 11:57 PM |#12  
Flag l.a.
Thanks Meter: 18

More
i'm confused by the code in this message.

it shows a `ls` command but the output of a `dd` one...
7th January 2017, 12:08 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
has anybody actually tried to write the live system partition this way? has his phone survived?
27th October 2017, 05:39 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is it correct to flash the data.img(user data image) by fastboot with this command:
fastboot flash userdata data.img
??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)