MIUI 9 Global Stable updating on OTA now

Search This thread

steppoli

Apr 4, 2016
I bought Mi 6 Ceramic Edition last week and it immediately got an OTA update for MIUI 9, lucky me!
And one thing to confirm, it got long exposure 32s! (this is the one feature that held my decision back and forth whether to buy Mi6 or not)

Share the zip package! Unfortunately I can't install the developer version since I haven't subscribed the beta program..

jcunltd

Feb 23, 2015
CH Stable 9.0.3.0 sound is good!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-01-13-13-42-622_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-01-13-13-42-622_com.android.settings.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 565
  • Screenshot_2017-11-01-10-46-22-168_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-01-10-46-22-168_com.android.settings.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 550

paydi

Aug 28, 2011
I bought Mi 6 Ceramic Edition last week and it immediately got an OTA update for MIUI 9, lucky me!
And one thing to confirm, it got long exposure 32s! (this is the one feature that held my decision back and forth whether to buy Mi6 or not)

I have mi 6 ceramic edition with Indonesia region, but until now i haven't get update miui 9 yet. Wich region are you which got ota update? Or you have special setting to get ota update early in your mi 6?

hhunaid

Jul 23, 2014
Lahore
Can anyone tell does it have expandable notifications with one finger on lock screen??

I am also curious about that. There was no mention of it in the change log. And according to forum link, design has been finalized but it is not shipped in the global stable yet. Will probably come in following updates.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Can't we just reboot into recovery and install the update manually? Will it break anything?

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-06-02-26-52-327_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-06-02-26-52-327_com.android.settings.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 381

thE_29

Jul 12, 2010
Well at kolembos screenshot it says "GLOBAL 9.0 STABLE" and not "CHINA STABLE"..

CoreOxide

Oct 25, 2010
So is there a way to update to this ROM, if you don't have a beta account?
(I'm getting the "make sure you are signed in with a beta account" message when selecting the zip file in the updater app).

HondaMD

Nov 3, 2017
Won't we have 9.0.3.0 instead of 9.0.1.0?!
And when i was updating, it told me that it was nightly and it's supposed to say that it's stable even in the updating screen.
Then not every one recieved this update, very strange!

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Won't we have 9.0.3.0 instead of 9.0.1.0?!
And when i was updating, it told me that it was nightly and it's supposed to say that it's stable even in the updating screen.
Then not every one recieved this update, very strange!

9.0.3.0 is the Chinese firmware. You can bet that the Chinese ROM gets more focus from Xiaomi as this is their main market for the phone.
We will probably be a bit behind in terms of version numbers but the software will be the same minus the smart assistant etc that Chinese ROM gets.

The current 9.0.1.0 release is a beta stable release for the Mi 6 so it is potentially what will be released in the coming months but it might change between now and then.
It comes to random users or people savvy enough to manually update with the updater app before Xiaomi closed the signing window.

jcunltd

Feb 23, 2015
At the time only some users came via ota the update, in my case change the region to Turkey and the update arrived, but changed last week by the CH Stable (9.0.3.0), for now this update has been withdrawn , hopefully it will be officially released to all Mi6 users.

regards,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-27-13-09-26-984_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-27-13-09-26-984_com.android.settings.png
    179.1 KB · Views: 148

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone help me? I bought this phone a week ago and it hasn't got the OTA update notification by now. I'm in Indonesia and my current MIUI is Global Stable 8.5.1.0 (NCAMIEG), but my region setting only have China in it. I want to download the manual update but im afraid it will cause bootloop or even worse bricking my phone.

Unfortunately you have a Chinese phone that's been flashed with a locked bootloader to Global Firmware. (I have this as my phone is model MCT1 which is Chinese but I have the full Global Firmware and locked bootloader)

That's not bad for the phone but the system partition will have a mix of the Chinese ROM and the global ROM which is annoying for you.

I think sellers do this to avoid unlocking the bootloader but so that they can sell you a global phone which is fine.

You will need the official Xiaomi flashtool from their website.
    You will need to unlock your bootloader (you can relock it after flash so don't worry about warranty etc)

Wait the time to unlock the BL (you need to link the device to your account and then apply for unlocking).

Use the tool to unlock and then flash the official global firmware from en.miui.com

In the tool select to relock the bootloader after flash.

You will then have fully clean install of Miui global!
    All the region settings will be back then.
    And system with be more stable.

Look for guides on the miui forum they're very good with that stuff.
    I've personally not done this but know this is the official method to change the ROM from Chinese to global and vice versa.

Good luck and take it one step at a time and read the guides carefully.
    It has minimal risk if you use the official tools provided.
    Because it is STILL MIUI8!!

GLOBAL STABLE: Version: V9.0.1.0.NCAMIEI (MIUI8)
    CHINA STABLE: Version: V8.5.5.0.NCACNEG (MIUI9)

Xiamoi has a really strange version number logic.
    It's miui 9, they forgot to change that on the website.
    9.0.1.0 global stable has been released today
    http://en.miui.com/download-326.html
    Im having better battery life and picture quality with the latest update.