[Q] Galaxy S Dead - no download mode, no recovery

Search This thread

patricknoone

Feb 21, 2011
A few months ago, I had a few issues with my I9000.
I had Darky's Rom 10.1 at the time, and decided to go back to a generic rom.

Went to Samfirmware and downloaded I9003XXKP9.
It seemed to flash correctly, but on completion, Odin showed "reset", but no "pass".
The phone wouldn't power on at all, no download mode, no recovery.
My PC won't recognise it at all.
It was only later that I realised I'd installed a I9003 rom onto my I9000.

I've tried every button combination, with and with out a PC cable and battery, no reaction. Also tried a JIG I got off eBay. Works on my Galaxy S2 and my brother's Galaxy S, but not this this phone. It will charge if I connect it to a wall charger however.

I brought it to a local phone shop who used a JTAG, but apparently although they were able to get it into download mode, once they reflashed, it still wouldn't power on, no matter which rom they used. They worked on it for about a week.

I'm just trying to figure out if this phone is recoverable. It was only about 2 months old when this happened, and it looks almost new.

Many thanks for any information anyone can give!

Last edited:

GalaxyKnight

Oct 20, 2010
Dornbirn
So in my point of view.
When they used to try the JTAG and the phone would not start up the motherboard / bootloader is corrupt.
No way to change that back.
May you send the phone to samsung and they are able to restore that device.
No other solutions in my point of view.....

ppeterpp

Apr 3, 2011
Buy an usb jig on e-bay or make your own. This is just a 301ohms ressistor on pin 4 and 5. It should give ypu recovery mode.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

patricknoone

Feb 21, 2011
WOW

I haven't been on in a while - can't believe how many of you have taken the time to respond! :)

Just reading over the replies now, and will definitely be trying them out!

daveg1988

Aug 3, 2016
ok plug charger into wall and try get download mode it works for me but any function when not plugged in or plugged to laptop wouldnt work so hardbricked but like i say try to force it in download mode when plugged into the wall

Top Liked Posts