Android Vogue port Help desk

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By etx, Member on 22nd January 2009, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th August 2010, 09:58 AM |#391  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can anyone think of why after having gone from Myns warm donut to NFSFANS wm6.5 I can no longer see my storage card on either my phone or my computer? I've tested it in two different HTC Touch's and it just won't read now. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
12th August 2010, 01:40 PM |#392  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murkywaters

Can anyone think of why after having gone from Myns warm donut to NFSFANS wm6.5 I can no longer see my storage card on either my phone or my computer? I've tested it in two different HTC Touch's and it just won't read now. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

How are you reading the card on the computer?

If you're trying to read the card in Windows - you need to use one of the SD card readers

Don't use the phone to read the card in windows.

Sometimes the card can have errors, or if you happened to mess around and install other partitions on the card
the best thing for you to do would be to put the card in a reader, dump it to the computer,
re-format the card fresh, and copy your data back onto the card.

But you do need a separate USB sd card reader to do that, NOT the phone.
12th August 2010, 08:50 PM |#393  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Does_It_Matter

How are you reading the card on the computer?

If you're trying to read the card in Windows - you need to use one of the SD card readers

Don't use the phone to read the card in windows.

Sometimes the card can have errors, or if you happened to mess around and install other partitions on the card
the best thing for you to do would be to put the card in a reader, dump it to the computer,
re-format the card fresh, and copy your data back onto the card.

But you do need a separate USB sd card reader to do that, NOT the phone.

Yeah that's my issue. I don't have a card reader handy. Nor do I have a digital camera that takes Sd cards that fit micro cards in them. It's really odd that the storage card would be so temperamental.

The phone says external memory not installed and I can't browse the card through my computer when the phone is activesync'd. Has anyone experienced this after flashing android or wm6.5? Or if it's unrelated am i done tinkering until i get a card reader? Thanks for the info so far.
13th August 2010, 03:17 PM |#394  

More
I posted my question in the thread "[GUIDE/Video TUTORIAL] How to Partition SD Card for Android ", but I think I've tapped that out-- hoping to get a fresh perspective here.

I have a Sprint HTC Touch (Vogue), and I would like to run Android off of the microSD card. First I tried Incubus' Super Froyo, but it was so slow that it was unusable. Then I tried Vanilj Eclair, which was a little more usable but still pretty slow. Then I tried Myn's Warm Donut which worked like a charm.

Now I would like to try to partition the microSD card to see if I can make it faster. My 2GB microSD card is partitioned into a primary active FAT32 (1.3GB), logical ext2 (256MB), and logical ext2 (256MB). However, when I run Haret, I only see three options for the install:

1. Sys on NAND
2. Sys on SDCard Partition
3. Sys on EXT2 System.img

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
13th September 2010, 09:15 AM |#395  
Flag many ways to guide, many ways to heal
Thanks Meter: 1,320

More
Question
Just tried myn warm donut on sd card.
Only thing is andboot
Press center on D and it goes right to the menu with 10 items , #1 being install, I click install and answer the 2 questions, it says Formatting with a cursor under it that blinks for about 3 seconds, then stops blinking, and nothing happens.

Thoughts?

2gb sdcard only thing on it is andboot folder (240x320) Sprint Mogul

Thanks!
13th September 2010, 06:47 PM |#396  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Outside of Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 4,432

More
you need the correct default.txt to run it on a mogul, there is a thread in their forum on how to do it, but like i said before i have gotten them to boot up but they all have been barely usable at best.

you cant just use our builds without having that default.txt

i also dont understand why everyone just thinks they can automatically put any android on any phone, in the past week there have been 2 posts on running it on an hd2, 1 on a touch pro, 2 on a mogul, and 1 on an Elfin. If your device can run android their is more than likely a dedicated thread in your forum about it.
while i understand that some people are new to these forums, please forum search this stuff before asking.
The only reason why you will see users in here with anything other than a vogue is that the kaiser and polaris are very close to the same phone as far as for processors and ram so they can run our builds but even they have their own threads for certain builds.
end rant.......
13th September 2010, 06:57 PM |#397  
Flag many ways to guide, many ways to heal
Thanks Meter: 1,320

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtlesskyle

you need the correct default.txt to run it on a mogul, there is a thread in their forum on how to do it, but like i said before i have gotten them to boot up but they all have been barely usable at best.

you cant just use our builds without having that default.txt

i also dont understand why everyone just thinks they can automatically put any android on any phone, in the past week there have been 2 posts on running it on an hd2, 1 on a touch pro, 2 on a mogul, and 1 on an Elfin. If your device can run android their is more than likely a dedicated thread in your forum about it.
while i understand that some people are new to these forums, please forum search this stuff before asking.
The only reason why you will see users in here with anything other than a vogue is that the kaiser and polaris are very close to the same phone as far as for processors and ram so they can run our builds but even they have their own threads for certain builds.
end rant.......

yes, my bad, posted to wrong sub forum. Didn't see the Mogul one until just now.

I have a set of files from user BPC420 in I forget which forum, that works , but it's apparently 1.5 and I was looking to get one of these later builds to work.

The default.txt depends very much on the particular build that you are using as when they moved away from the extant system.img to the .tar, it changed.

Putting Android on a Mogul (before I jump to a tp2 or something else) is a very fun experiment - I'm a geek and this is something new to me. Since there appears to be no USB driver that will work for a non-native Android device, that limits things. BT on 1.5 does hilarious things to the device, while active.

Thanks for your thoughts and help!
5th May 2014, 06:39 PM |#398  

More
mr
am using lg gm750 with window mobile and I want to change it to android. can you help me to do that?
4th November 2017, 06:37 PM |#399  

More
white screen appears when booting android from haret
while I boot android on my htc vouge by using haret the screen turns white
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)