By Strephon Alkhalikoi, Senior Member on 16th June 2013, 03:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd April 2014, 11:06 AM |#141  
Flag Bandar Lampung
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello Strephon
Just another problem share
I currently use Traveller DSC, it run fine.
But when I install "tagged.apk" with different email ID with Play Store it start force close
is that a bug or memmory problerm ? Because before installing tagged it said that \system has only 47 Mb left

Btw I use your MultiFlasher to get 406 BB, but it doesn't change my 405 BB
"use fastboot menu on Traveller DSC
connect to PC
install 406 BB with the menu
reported finished !!
reboot, into DSC, running well, but BB still 405
another reboot ...... and 405 BB still there
is there something wrong ?
The Following User Says Thank You to andronomer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andronomer Ad-Free

4th April 2014, 01:30 AM |#142  
If you mean this, you have a memory issue. How many widgets do you have on your home screens, and how many apps are starting in the background? Each widget and app consumes memory, and if you have too many widgets you'll have frequent force closes and will be doing a full reboot of your Streak every couple of days.

Case in point: I use the F-Droid.org version of Autostarts to prevent certain things from running, but Autostarts, as good as it is, still didn't prevent me from having to reboot frequently. Reducing the number of active widgets to four however did. At one point I had twelve running (The Score, TuneIn Radio, Pandora, iHeart Radio, SetCPU, 3G Watchdog, Watchdog, Android System Info, mClock, Beautiful Widgets, Jorte, Advanced English Dictionary) which meant I got widget happy. Now, with only SetCPU, mClock, Beautiful Widgets, and Jorte widgets running I don't have to reboot so much. In fact, after uninstalling Tagged, I rebooted. It was the first time I had rebooted in three weeks.

Regarding MultiFlasher, this is not the thread to ask those questions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strephon Alkhalikoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Strephon Alkhalikoi Ad-Free
18th May 2014, 09:20 PM |#143  
The Final Update
With the release of PseudoCream, which combines what I believe is the best elements of DSC/Traveller DSC with CyanogenMod 7, I am ending my work on Traveller DSC. For those wishing to continue using Traveller DSC or wishing to build on it, 2.4.6 will remain available for download, along with its final update.

The final update to Traveller DSC 2.4.6 is available for download here or here. In this update, zRAM was reduced in size from 128MB to 64MB, which should provide a decent balance between performance improvement and stability. The Play Store app and Google Play Services were updated to their latest versions. The update provides an updated dsc_firstboot.zip, thus the update's size. This is because I haven't tried the trick hunderteins used to patch core.jar and framework.jar for his SSL Ciphers patches.

After installing the update, clear both caches before rebooting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strephon Alkhalikoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Strephon Alkhalikoi Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 09:15 PM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Skype version which works with Traveller DSC ROM?
Hello,

I have installed Traveller DSC ROM with success and I am very happy with it. It's a fantastic ROM !!! I had before Android 2.3.3 which was a disaster in my opinion. My congrats and many thanks to those who built this ROM. It's just amazing on how smoothly is running. My question is: is there any version of Skype which is working for this ROM for sending and receiving messages? I have tried some different apk's from the internet but is not even logging in. What could be the problem for this? Thank you for your time reading this message.
6th November 2017, 10:16 PM |#145  
Microsoft changed things on their end, and the versions of Skype for what is soon to be an eight year old device were never updated to reflect it. Unfortunately, I think you're stuck. You can try an app like Trillian and see if it connects, but other than that you'll have to forego Skype.
8th November 2017, 03:24 AM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verclauuu

Hello,

I have installed Traveller DSC ROM with success and I am very happy with it. It's a fantastic ROM !!! I had before Android 2.3.3 which was a disaster in my opinion. My congrats and many thanks to those who built this ROM. It's just amazing on how smoothly is running. My question is: is there any version of Skype which is working for this ROM for sending and receiving messages? I have tried some different apk's from the internet but is not even logging in. What could be the problem for this? Thank you for your time reading this message.

The last version that worked for me was Skype_4.9.0.45564. It was some time ago, but if you Google it you might find it and it might still work. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)