[MOD] Spotify Dogfood 8.4.39.612 - The Open-Source Ad-Free Spotify mod for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NahuelMS

Dec 14, 2015
Buenos Aires
this is not cracked, it is a mod. Cracked implies something wrong. Everything works perfectly, you can't download for offline use.

Ok, if you don't like the world crack just call it as you like. I just want to know what features are included that only are included with premium in the original app and what features aren't.

Thanks!

r3ix

Dec 16, 2014
I've been using this mod for months and works great, I hadn't a single issue. It's just perfect... A few days ago I bought a xiaomi mi box with android tv and this didn't worked normally. Somehow it's possible to adapt this to Android tv? Sorry if anyone already asked this and already answered

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A3003 através de Tapatalk

Reactions: preference

ahvamaria

Dec 4, 2015
This app has worked great last couple of months and thankyou, however today I opened it and I got a Spotify message in the app I had 7 days left of premium.

Reactions: preference

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7 Pro
This app has worked great last couple of months and thankyou, however today I opened it and I got a Spotify message in the app I had 7 days left of premium.
Weird, mine still works. Did you accidentally install Spotify from the play store? Like, is there a way you could have updated to regular Spotify? Maybe the play store is updating the app like it does with the iYTB you tube no ads app. That's why detaching from the play store is a good idea, I do it with titanium backup

Soerdroid

Aug 12, 2010
OnePlus 8
Amazing app, thanks for the hard work. I have tested with a song of 3.23 min. on extreme quality and the app uses 8 MB of data. 8 MB/2.4 MB = 3.33 min. for a song. I can confirm that the extreme quality option actually works. Thanks again :)

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Spotify Dogfood 8.4.28.867 has just been deployed

Hello everyone!

Today I'm releasing Spotify Dogfood 8.4.28.867. Just as always, you can find the new PatchSet in the GitHub repo, as well as binaries in the Releases section. Also, remember you can always keep up-to-date with Updater for Spotify, which you can get from here.

Changelog is:
Code:
* Rebase to latest Spotify version 8.4.28.867.

Enjoy! :)

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Is it possible to still install Spotify dogfood from the Updater for Spotify if I haven't uninstalled the previous version. If Spotify Dogfood is already installed there's no need to display the error, that you need to uninstall the previous version

That should be fixed in the latest versions of Updater for Spotify. Grab the latest version and see if it still happens!

I've been using this mod for months and works great, I hadn't a single issue. It's just perfect... A few days ago I bought a xiaomi mi box with android tv and this didn't worked normally. Somehow it's possible to adapt this to Android tv? Sorry if anyone already asked this and already answered

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A3003 através de Tapatalk

Android TV has it's specific Spotify app, you shouldn't use this one.

dogfood
WOOOF WOOOF WOOOF WOF
vau

Meow.

Amazing app, thanks for the hard work. I have tested with a song of 3.23 min. on extreme quality and the app uses 8 MB of data. 8 MB/2.4 MB = 3.33 min. for a song. I can confirm that the extreme quality option actually works. Thanks again :)

Thank you for confirming it too! People seemed very skeptical about that but, at least here, it seems to work just fine.

When I try to open both the update search and the updater link, the app closes and nothing opens. Is it possible that adblock is blocking the pages? Maybe it thinks that they are popups

That sounds to me like you don't have a web browser installed on your device maybe? And that you're missing Updater for Spotify in your device, that's why it crashes.

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7 Pro
That should be fixed in the latest versions of Updater for Spotify. Grab the latest version and see if it still happens!

Android TV has it's specific Spotify app, you shouldn't use this one.

Meow.

Thank you for confirming it too! People seemed very skeptical about that but, at least here, it seems to work just fine.

That sounds to me like you don't have a web browser installed on your device maybe? And that you're missing Updater for Spotify in your device, that's why it crashes.
I just want to say that you are a hero to me.

Reactions: linuxct

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
PSA: Content Delivery Network to be shutdown shortly

Hello everyone!

I've got a bit of sad news today. My webhosting where I used to store the Spotify Dogfood binaries, as well as the project's webpage, is going to be shut down for a indefinite period of time.

The reason behind this is that my provider decided that, because of a very high usage rate (guess hosting Spotify Dogfood myself is to blame in here) + the change of one of my domains to linuxct.info made them decide it was a good idea to start charging me 50% extra semiannually.

Unfortunately, I can't afford paying that, so before the CDN and the project's webpage are about to be shutdown, I'll make a copy of them elsewhere and most probably start uploading each version's apk to GitHub from now on, taking the risks linked to it, and given that I don't find any other webhosting company that is, at least as cheap as the old contract was.

I'm going to let off-topic flow from this if needed, so if anyone knows or has a good experience with a cheap webhosting company, please leave a comment with your suggestion :)

I'd also take this opportunity to thank everyone for their awesome support and for being such an amazing community, reporting back with bugs, suggestions and so on. Thanks to all Spotify Dogfood supporters out there! #StayDogfood

TL;DR: My web server is now 50% more expensive than before, I can't afford it and I need to shut it down.

.bucch

Aug 28, 2012
Como
Hello everyone!

I've got a bit of sad news today. My webhosting where I used to store the Spotify Dogfood binaries, as well as the project's webpage, is going to be shut down for a indefinite period of time.

The reason behind this is that my provider decided that, because of a very high usage rate (guess hosting Spotify Dogfood myself is to blame in here) + the change of one of my domains to linuxct.info made them decide it was a good idea to start charging me 50% extra semiannually.

Unfortunately, I can't afford paying that, so before the CDN and the project's webpage are about to be shutdown, I'll make a copy of them elsewhere and most probably start uploading each version's apk to GitHub from now on, taking the risks linked to it, and given that I don't find any other webhosting company that is, at least as cheap as the old contract was.

I'm going to let off-topic flow from this if needed, so if anyone knows or has a good experience with a cheap webhosting company, please leave a comment with your suggestion :)

I'd also take this opportunity to thank everyone for their awesome support and for being such an amazing community, reporting back with bugs, suggestions and so on. Thanks to all Spotify Dogfood supporters out there! #StayDogfood

TL;DR: My web server is now 50% more expensive than before, I can't afford it and I need to shut it down.

That's unfortunate for you!
I don't really know what do you need in terms of server power but i know this italian hosting provider: https://www.netsons.com
Their cheapest hosting plan is about 22€/year with among other things unlimited traffic at 1Gb/s and one year free domain. The only downside is that the server is a virtual one, so slow cpu and not so much ram, but you can choose a more powerful plan also.

I hope it helps.
Keep rockin'

Last edited:

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
That's unfortunate for you!
I don't really know what do you need in terms of server power but i know this italian hosting provider: https://www.netsons.com
Their cheapest hosting plan is about 22€/year with among other things unlimited traffic at 1Gb/s and one year free domain. The only downside is that the server is a virtual one, so slow cpu and not so much ram, but you can choose a more powerful plan also.

I hope it helps.
Keep rockin'

Hey, thanks for the suggestion, sounds quite good. I'll check it out :)

I'm willing to donate, how much do we need to get together?

There's no need for that. I'm willing to pay the server myself, but up to a certain amount.

It's just a non-sense paying almost 12 bucks per month for just 100GB of space, 2 domains and 10 MySQL databases. It used to be a good price for 6 bucks per month, but definitely not anymore.

However, if anyone really wants to donate for this (or any other reason), there's a Donate link in my profile and also here. But once again, there's no need for it, tho it's always much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The open-source ad-free version of Spotify for Android

Hello all,

First of all, I'd like to address about the reason behind making this thread, and the project that is behind it.
    I thought to myself, why people are free to publish YouTube mods to avoid ads, but not Spotify? So there's why the project started.
    Spotify Dogfood is a mod of the Spotify Android App, coming directly from the Google Play Store and in both it's Beta and probably Stable releases, and modded in the cleanest way possible. This mod is "open-source". The Spotify app itself of course isn't, but the alterations/modifications done to the app in order to avoid ads are clear and concise, well-documented, and are getting uploaded as patchsets, so that they are perceptible and crystal clear at plain sight. This is because people, starting by myself, don't easily trust modded applications out there, so this makes it easier for you all to "audit" the modifications, and even contribute to the project by forking it, making your changes and then pushing it back to me.

This project has been running for several months now, and it's been now that I decided to move a step forward and make it public.

Restrictions and limitations:
    • This application replaces your current Spotify installation. You need to uninstall any previous installations of it first.
      If the app came bundled with your device, like most Samsung devices, you can't use this mod out of the box, since you need to change the package name to a different one.
    • This application has been signed with a different key than the one used by Spotify. This means that Facebook login won't work unless you don't have Facebook's app installed, or you uninstall and/or deactivate it, if it came bundled with your device. Once done, log-in to your account using Facebook and, once logged-in, re-download and/or re-activate your Facebook app, if you want to.
    • This application won't work with Android Auto, since it hasn't been installed by the Google Play Store's agent. Fortunately, there's a fix found by XDA's News Writer @MishaalRahman, which you can read here.
    • As commented by Senior Moderator @matt4321, please, refrain from asking for other premium features to be unlocked.

What is different from *others'* mods:
    Like I said previously, I didn't feel comfortable trusting code I had never seen, then I started investigating on how to disable Ads and such on my own and with help of awesome pages like this one that helped me clear my mind on how to properly modify the liborbit-jni so file. Once I had finally understood how it worked, I've made it public so that anyone can revise it on it's own.

How to contribute:
    You can have a bit more information in the README uploaded in the repo. But basically, feel free to fork any branch you want, modify or investigate the patchsets as you want and recreate them in a different package.

Cool story bro, where's the download??!1:
    Whoa there, cowboy! :cowboy:
    All downloads, both precompiled APKs and Source code can be found in the GitHub Releases section.
    Please, also kindly note the following - Do NOT re-upload them.

GitHub Releases - GitHub Main page - Project's webpage - Telegram Group

Disclaimer / Final words:
    This thread, as well as the provided patchsets and precompiled APKs are just for demonstrative & educational purposes. They should not be used for illegal actions, and/or any action that can imply a violation in the ToS of the software used in the thread.
    XDA-Developers.com takes no responsibility either, as this thread is hosted only and exclusively as for information purposes and doesn't attach any content that is copyrighted, but a link to it, just as it could have been found at Google.
    It is yours, the final user, the one who takes the responsibility of using it wisely, as a functional PoC, and not for piracy or any other illegal actions.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Spotify Dogfood, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    linuxct

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 8.4.39.612-dogfood
    Stable Release Date: 2018-01-28

Created 2017-07-06
    Last Updated 2018-03-01
    How to apply the PatchSets

To apply the patchsets manually, you need the following tools:
    Once you meet all of the above, it's as easy as it follows:

Code:
    #unpack the apk
    java -jar apktool_WhateverVersion.jar d NameOfTheApk.apk && cd NameOfTheApk
    #now copy the patch file to the dir you're on
    git apply --stat NameOfThePatch.path #checks the stats
    git apply --check NameOfThePatch.path #sees if it's compatible with the environment
    git apply NameOfThePatch.path #applies the patch
    #compile the result
    java -jar apktool_WhateverVersion.jar b NameOfTheDirectory
    #sign with your key
    jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore /path/to/your/keystore NameOfTheDirectory/dist/NameOfTheResultingFile.apk YOURALIAS
    #install the final apk
    adb install -r NameOfTheDirectory/dist/NameOfTheResultingFile.apk
    If you want to review the patch itself, you can use git-am.

You have more info in GitHub's README file.
    Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! ??

Ho ho ho, today I'm releasing Spotify Dogfood 8.4.33.536. Just as always, you can find the new PatchSet in the GitHub repo, as well as binaries in the Releases section. Also, remember you can always keep up-to-date with Updater for Spotify, which you can get from here.

Notes: The new 3-tabs-only UI isn't still present for everyone, since it only get's triggered via a/b testing (which is server-side). Also, this version (and only this one, don't ask for it!) comes with a cool Christmas Red color theme all over the app, for you all who got bored of glue green as me :p

Changelog is:
    Code:
    * Rebase to latest Spotify version 8.4.33.536.
    * Fixed internal download links for Updater for Spotify.
    * This version comes with a Christmas Red theme.

Enjoy! :)
    Hello,

I'm currently saturated of work and I've left this thread quite a bit unattended (and will remain like so for a bit more of time). After everything isn't on fire like just now, I'll get back to my regular schedule, but at the moment it's a bit impossible for me to keep it.

Please bear with me, if you have any urgent inquiries contact me @'ing me or through PM (in very urgent needs).

Thanks for understanding, everything is fine!

giphy.gif
    Thread has been closed and links removed due to a DMCA take down request by Spotify.

Matt
    Senior Moderator