ROMs

Search This thread

hah2110

Nov 11, 2008
I may go to a MT3GS and actually like the streamlined-Sense you get on it. When you go to custom ROMs (i.e., CM6), are most of them sans-Sense?

slinky1914

Oct 22, 2009
SW Oklahoma City
Some roms don't have sense and have stock Android. Some have sense without the sense launcher it will have launcherpro for example instead but the menus will still have sense. Hope that answers your question.

Sent from my MR1 V4 Remix 3G using XDA App

J

jdkoreclipse

I have asked jp4756 to port one of my roms over from the incredible to the slide. More info on my rom, jdfroyo can be found at incredibleroms.com/jdkoreclipse

Ps. The rom in the link is for the incredible. I will post the mt3gs version when available.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

sandpaperback

Jun 23, 2010
There are Sense roms, but none with Froyo. We'll have to wait until the official update comes out first.

If you want the full-on stock interface, I'd grab CR_Mod_1.35.531_OTA Full ROM.

SLIDE MR1: Version 4 Final is a Sense rom and what I was using before going to CR Mod.

I'm on CM6-RC1 now, and it's one of the most stable roms I've used. No Sense though. The dialer was one of the big things I missed from Sense, but I found Dialer One that functions close enough for me. Screenshot below. Oh, and it has a dark theme as well.

trobing

Aug 17, 2010
Imagine CM6 + sense, huh? That would be awesome.

For now, if you want sense, you're gonna have to stick with Eclair.
I personally recommend slidemr v4 or v5 if you want stock launcher (kind of irrelevant now that we have ADW theme for slide's stock launcher).

Like sandpaperback here, I had slidemr v4 for a while before switching to Eugene's CM6. Never had any problem with it.