How to uninstall SuperSU that was installed through TWRP?

Search This thread

Sehwag

Oct 8, 2016
As a rooted user you should always have a backup of your original rom.
In case you accidentally bricked your phone or done something wrong ( I mean if you have any problem with the rom then you can flash the original rom by going into recovery.)

You can uninstall super su by flashing the stock rom again by any recovery.

narshi shukla

Jul 1, 2016
Delhi
xdaforums.com
HI GUYS I M IN TROUBLE AS MY HTC M8 IS NOT TURNING ON
I WAS ATTENPTING TO ROOT MY PHONE THROUGH TOOLKIT BT HASOON2000.
I HAVE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER SUCCESSFULLY THEN I FLASHED TWRP 2.7.0.2 SUCCCESFULLY THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL SUPERSU.ZIP FROM TWRP THEN IT INSTALLED SUCCESFULLY THEN I REBOOTED M Y PHONE EVERYTHING WERE PERFECT WHEN I OPEPENED SUPERSU APP ON PHONE IT SAID NO SUPERSU BINARY UPDATE AND SUPERSU CANT INSTALL IT.
THEN AFTER GOOGLING I FOUND AND UPDATE PACKAGE OF SUPERSU NAMED UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL THIS ZIP THROUGH TWRP AND THEN IT SAID SUCCESFUUL THEN I TAB TO REBOOT SYSTEM THEN I SHOWED HTC LOGO THEN A BLANK SCREEN NOTHING ELSE TEN AFTER 5 MIN I USED TOOLKIT BY HASOON2000 TO GIVE COMMAND TO BOOT INTO RECOVERY FROM WHERE I SEVERAL TIME TRIED TO REBOOT BUT JUST GOT BLANK SCREEN AFTER HTC LOGO NOW IT IS NOT CHARGING NOT DOING ANYTHING AND TOOLKIT SAYS DEVICE NOT FOUND AND AFTER PRESSING POWER AND VOLUME UP BUTTON IT SHOWS HTC LOGO THEN AGAIN NOTHING ONLY BLANK SCREEN AND LAAST TIME THE BATTERY WHERE 18%.
PLZ HELP ITS URGENT.

grep_i

Sep 19, 2015
HI GUYS I M IN TROUBLE AS MY HTC M8 IS NOT TURNING ON
I WAS ATTENPTING TO ROOT MY PHONE THROUGH TOOLKIT BT HASOON2000.
I HAVE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER SUCCESSFULLY THEN I FLASHED TWRP 2.7.0.2 SUCCCESFULLY THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL SUPERSU.ZIP FROM TWRP THEN IT INSTALLED SUCCESFULLY THEN I REBOOTED M Y PHONE EVERYTHING WERE PERFECT WHEN I OPEPENED SUPERSU APP ON PHONE IT SAID NO SUPERSU BINARY UPDATE AND SUPERSU CANT INSTALL IT.
THEN AFTER GOOGLING I FOUND AND UPDATE PACKAGE OF SUPERSU NAMED UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL THIS ZIP THROUGH TWRP AND THEN IT SAID SUCCESFUUL THEN I TAB TO REBOOT SYSTEM THEN I SHOWED HTC LOGO THEN A BLANK SCREEN NOTHING ELSE TEN AFTER 5 MIN I USED TOOLKIT BY HASOON2000 TO GIVE COMMAND TO BOOT INTO RECOVERY FROM WHERE I SEVERAL TIME TRIED TO REBOOT BUT JUST GOT BLANK SCREEN AFTER HTC LOGO NOW IT IS NOT CHARGING NOT DOING ANYTHING AND TOOLKIT SAYS DEVICE NOT FOUND AND AFTER PRESSING POWER AND VOLUME UP BUTTON IT SHOWS HTC LOGO THEN AGAIN NOTHING ONLY BLANK SCREEN AND LAAST TIME THE BATTERY WHERE 18%.
PLZ HELP ITS URGENT.
I guess you have to update everything all written here are old versions

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app

narshi shukla

Jul 1, 2016
Delhi
xdaforums.com
i have updated nothing just flashed cm 14 and gapps suite and then wipe everything except system and then it works fine.
all i can do after switching my phone off itself because of battery drain then plugged it in charger then tried to go in recovery then wiped everything then flashed fresh rom(cm14) and gapps then wiped dalvik cache and then reboot and everything came back to life!

dpkkish

Dec 20, 2016
Thanks for this. I had CM13 installed on my Redmi 2 and I flashed SUperSU ZIP through TWRP leading to booting error. Through the link shared by you and downloading file provided by @osm0sis I was able to get out of booting issue.

But problem is that now am stuck with no root access. Any idea how to renable it? I have CM13 and in developer options it is on.

Pls guide.

hi, i'm facing the same issue. i installed super su 3 times (i'm a noob :'( ) and got in a boot loop error. finally i found this forum on how to remove the super su. but again i dont know how to move this zip to my internal memory cuz it can only go into recovery mode. PLEASE HELP!

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
hi, i'm facing the same issue. i installed super su 3 times (i'm a noob :'( ) and got in a boot loop error. finally i found this forum on how to remove the super su. but again i dont know how to move this zip to my internal memory cuz it can only go into recovery mode. PLEASE HELP!

You can copy file to phone in three ways:

1) If phone supports MTP in recovery, use MTP and copy file from PC
2) If phone supports OTG and you have OTG pend-drive / cable, use that to transfer file
3) The phone must have SD Card slot and you can copy the file from PC to SD Card and then put this card into your phone.

Hope this helps.

Press thanks to appreciate the time & efforts

dpkkish

Dec 20, 2016
You can copy file to phone in three ways:

1) If phone supports MTP in recovery, use MTP and copy file from PC
2) If phone supports OTG and you have OTG pend-drive / cable, use that to transfer file
3) The phone must have SD Card slot and you can copy the file from PC to SD Card and then put this card into your phone.

Hope this helps.

Press thanks to appreciate the time & efforts

thanks for the help. i transferred the zip file and installed, still no change. my search continues.

Dec 25, 2016
Reflash the stock rom of your device.

Sent from RN3 Pro

Hey bro, can you please help me! I've been stuck on bootloop for the past couple of days now and I still haven't found a solution yet.
I've tried: flashing it to stock rom, installing Supersu by .zip file, wiping dalvik cache etc. none of them seem to be working.
The bootloop started right after installing Supersu through TWRP when trying to exit like the guy who created this post.
PLEASE HELP!

Kipac

Apr 27, 2017
Please, i need help, i installed m9+ twrp found on these forums, and i installed beta superSU 2.48v and now im stuck on bootload (didnt make any restors or backups since i dont know how to) now i need help to unninstall the superSU, but idk how since i cant copy the zip file on my phone becouse its not recognised by PC, so how do i unninstall the lil feker?? A detailed instructions for noobs plz..

Please, i need help, i installed m9+ twrp found on these forums, and i installed beta superSU 2.48v and now im stuck on bootload (didnt make any restors or backups since i dont know how to) now i need help to unninstall the superSU, but idk how since i cant copy the zip file on my phone becouse its not recognised by PC, so how do i unninstall the lil feker?? A detailed instructions for noobs plz..
SuperSU 2.48? That's a really old version...

I don't believe that there is a Flashable Uninstaller for SuperSU. The only way I know of is by entering the app and select the Uninstall option but, i see that you aren't able to do so.

I, personally, believe that you need to wipe everything and start over but, just to be sure of your options, you should post this question within the following thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3452703

Good Luck!

"Live Long and Prosper..."
~Ambassador S'chn T'gai Spock

Sent via Communicator [D2VZW] from the Bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise

xus

Feb 23, 2009
I had a similar issue, finally managed to solve it by reflashing it using fastboot (the img files can be taken from the original rom of your choice):
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
and finally
fastboot reboot

Reactions: Park Jee Song

mini2015

Feb 17, 2016
I found this on another site ... dont know if this works or/ and safe..

Uninstall SuperSU [Fix Uninstallation Failed Error]

How to Uninstall SuperSU

Download the UPDATE-unSU-signed.zip.
Copy the above-downloaded zip file to your phone.
Boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
Tap on Install > Select the downloaded UPDATE-unSU-signed.zip file > Swipe to confirm flash.
Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache.
Reboot your phone.

That is all. SuperSU is now completely removed from your device. This is the easiest way to remove SuperSU from Android devices without any errors.

.wojtek

Mar 16, 2008
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I found this on another site ... dont know if this works or/ and safe..

Uninstall SuperSU [Fix Uninstallation Failed Error]

How to Uninstall SuperSU

Download the UPDATE-unSU-signed.zip.
Copy the above-downloaded zip file to your phone.
Boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
Tap on Install > Select the downloaded UPDATE-unSU-signed.zip file > Swipe to confirm flash.
Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache.
Reboot your phone.

That is all. SuperSU is now completely removed from your device. This is the easiest way to remove SuperSU from Android devices without any errors.

This seems like the best option, but in the Magisk thread they say it's best to restore boot image from backup (just to have the most clear state possible). And here's my problem - I have 3 boot backups from roughly the time I played with my device and I have no idea which one has superSU already installed (most likely the first one has superSU or magisk, then the middle one probably not, and the last one does). Is there a way to figure out which one is the clean one? Maybe after restoring and booting up?

Top Liked Posts