Thanks Meter: 1

By mardulis, Junior Member on 22nd October 2012, 10:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th March 2013, 11:35 PM |#11  
Southport
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Re: [Q] ExTERNAL DAC FOR N7000
I have a fiio dac but can't use it with the note. There's no digital signal output to attach it to. Trust me. I've looked into it. I have to make do with using the headphone amp only, which is still a great improvement.

Sent from BOX13.
3rd May 2013, 05:43 PM |#12  
Flag Ghent
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have tried it with an OTG cable and my fiio E7 on jelly bean 4.2 (liquid smooth rom) but haven't had any succes yet. It is possible with the galaxy S3. And I think there should be a way to do it with the note too, since its able to transmit it trough HDMI.

There are some interesting threads on headfi about the matter.
1st June 2013, 12:54 AM |#13  

More
Somebody should kickstart hdmi based DAC with built in power so we can skip mhl connection size can be as big as note as long is not thick... all n7000 / n7100 will rejoice

You here it first from here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimayblauw

I have tried it with an OTG cable and my fiio E7 on jelly bean 4.2 (liquid smooth rom) but haven't had any succes yet. It is possible with the galaxy S3. And I think there should be a way to do it with the note too, since its able to transmit it trough HDMI.

There are some interesting threads on headfi about the matter.

15th November 2017, 03:24 AM |#14  
Flag Quezon City

More
Probably very, VERY LATE in the game. But I have a Note 1, N7000 version that I'm trying to revive purely as a DAP. I've read that only the SGH i717 model supports audio over USB (via OTG). Can anyone confirm? Is there a ROM that can be used for the N7000 version that will allow audio over USB? Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)